Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2020, 11:27 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,184,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I know, right? Today I got a bunch of cute, size 2-3T underpants for my granddaughter who goes potty now, from Amazon. It’s a bit sad how little it takes to amuse me these days.
Oh yes. This is me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 05:40 AM

4,143 posts, read 3,061,898 times
I have this fantasy where the USPS, UPS, Federal Express, DHL, and Amazon all show up at once with packages for me. I once had 2 delivery services show up at once. One of them said to me "You're a lucky man."

Old 07-17-2020, 10:47 AM

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
The highlight of my day today will be receiving my Amazon order. I’m tired of waiting for it.
It's so funny, I always talk about remembering the days where it took the standard "6 to 8 weeks" for delivery. Then we were up to the point where you could literally have something delivered later the same day. But now, because of COVID, back to delayed shipping times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshultz View Post
I have this fantasy where the USPS, UPS, Federal Express, DHL, and Amazon all show up at once with packages for me. I once had 2 delivery services show up at once. One of them said to me "You're a lucky man."
Lol!

Old 07-17-2020, 11:25 AM

88,617 posts, read 84,875,076 times
I saw a truck pull up yesterday and wondered if it was something I had ordered. Then I realized they were unloading a refrigerator. My fridge is only about three years old, but it makes weird noises and annoys me, and last week I had mildly entertained the idea of getting a different one.

When I saw it come off the truck, I had a moment of panic when I wondered if I had ordered a refrigerator and forgotten, maybe late one night after that last glass of wine that I shouldn't have had. But, no, they took it up my neighbor's walk instead. Whew.

Old 07-17-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I saw a truck pull up yesterday and wondered if it was something I had ordered. Then I realized they were unloading a refrigerator. My fridge is only about three years old, but it makes weird noises and annoys me, and last week I had mildly entertained the idea of getting a different one.

When I saw it come off the truck, I had a moment of panic when I wondered if I had ordered a refrigerator and forgotten, maybe late one night after that last glass of wine that I shouldn't have had. But, no, they took it up my neighbor's walk instead. Whew.
"Chardonnay shopping."

One time my SO and I were having drinks and went online. He went to eBay and bid on a refurbished computer. The next morning he realized that he had bid on two of them, from different sellers. He was sweatin' bullets while the auctions timed out. Luckily, he only won the one computer. lol

(As a side note, based on this purchase, he doesn't recommend buying a refurbished computer.)

Old 07-17-2020, 03:50 PM

4,143 posts, read 3,061,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
"Chardonnay shopping."

One time my SO and I were having drinks and went online. He went to eBay and bid on a refurbished computer. The next morning he realized that he had bid on two of them, from different sellers. He was sweatin' bullets while the auctions timed out. Luckily, he only won the one computer. lol

(As a side note, based on this purchase, he doesn't recommend buying a refurbished computer.)
I was sober, but I just asked for a price quote on a microscope for work once, and was very surprised when the microscope showed up. We kept it and paid for it.

Old 07-18-2020, 02:48 PM

^^lol

Our regular grocery store is still not up to snuff with the toilet paper and paper towels. I had never realized how many brands and types of paper products there are, especially with the toilet paper. We go from paper-thin that disintegrates in the wind, to apparently high-end stuff that comes in a lengthy, sleekly-designed, hermetically-sealed plastic package, and with bleached-white, glossy cardboard cores.

Old 07-20-2020, 09:49 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,184,054 times
We are watching a lot of movies in the evenings during pandemic. We have Amazon Prime and Netflix. Additionally, we have Brit Box through Amazon. Even with all of these options, we still end up paying a few extra bucks to see the movies we would rather see.

Plus, we pay for TCM, because we (meaning I) like old movies.

Old 07-21-2020, 12:15 PM

326 posts, read 200,980 times
I prefer to download books from the library.
I think I’ve read everything that the library offers.
If I have to start paying for books to read, I’ll be broke by the time this pandemic is over.

Old 07-22-2020, 06:30 AM

24,597 posts, read 10,909,474 times
We are drowning in Armenian cucumbers, Basil and tomatoes! My usual recipients as in SO's office are not available and neighbors are starting to avoid me. Help!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology