Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2022, 03:59 PM

15,220 posts, read 10,325,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy739 View Post
The label on the bottle of mouthwash says it kills 99% of germs. I believe they poured this product onto a plate that had two germs on it and they drowned, OR they had a plate with 100 germs on it ~ 99 drowned and one swam to the edge of the plate and jumped off.
You made me LOL. I always wonder about that 1% when you hear about how a product kills 99% of germs.

My FWP was choosing a nail polish color when I went to the salon. I wanted something neutral and not too dark since it's 95 degrees. And then do I have to match my fingernails to my toenails or is that an archaic rule? The most recent thing I read was they don't have to match perfectly but they should be in the same color family; like pink on your fingers and purple on your toes.

Well, I have light blue on my fingernails and light pink on my toes. (I do those myself). So now I'm wondering if people are going to think I'm weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2022, 04:49 PM

1,400 posts, read 767,530 times
Thank you for contributing to the funny side of life with first world problems. Bringing smiles and making people laugh is a good thing Today I found myself staring at a box of Pasta-Roni and realized it didn't have the emotional strength to do it

Old 06-16-2022, 07:00 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
In the fight with the tomato horn worms it is time to bring out the big guns....

Old 06-17-2022, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
In the fight with the tomato horn worms it is time to bring out the big guns....
Before you go at them with a sword, if you mix one teaspoon of dish liquid and one teaspoon of cayenne pepper in two cups of water and put it in a spray bottle, your heart-breaking tomato plight should end

This morning I was wondering about a Mystery Cap on the kitchen counter. There doesn't SEEM to be anything without and cap on it, and yet THERE IT IS. I know if I throw it out I will find the item that is capless and if I don't I'll never find it and end up keeping this cap for the rest of my natural life

Old 06-17-2022, 11:28 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Quote:
Before you go at them with a sword, if you mix one teaspoon of dish liquid and one teaspoon of cayenne pepper in two cups of water and put it in a spray bottle, your heart-breaking tomato plight should end

This morning I was wondering about a Mystery Cap on the kitchen counter. There doesn't SEEM to be anything without and cap on it, and yet THERE IT IS. I know if I throw it out I will find the item that is capless and if I don't I'll never find it and end up keeping this cap for the rest of my natural life
I picked them off last night about dark and again just after daylight. Swordsmanship was taken care of by my wife with a shovel. She put the heads on one side of the row and the toes on the other. Not taking any changes on them suckers and any funny business.

Old 06-17-2022, 12:36 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,295,822 times
I looked and looked for my microwave pasta maker - basically a rectangular piece of plastic - got mad, took everything out of that huge bottom cabinet and STILL couldn't find it. I know it's supposed to be in there because that is it's "place" to be. The next day I was complaining to my 91 yr young father about having to use something else to make the pasta in the microwave. It irritates me because the pasta maker is SUPPOSED to be used to microwave pasta - will something else work equally as well? Yep. Do I understand that? Yep. Does it still irritate the holy crap out of me? Yep and Yep! Dad looked at me and asked was it a rectangular looking container. Yep. He is using it to catch a leak from the toilet in the half bath until he fixes it. Said it was the perfect size to fit in the space. He offered to give it back. Nope. Now I need another microwave pasta container.

Old 06-17-2022, 12:50 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,295,822 times
Quote:
I went to throw a few things in the washer, but it was full. I went to put them in the dryer, but it was full. I went to throw the stuff in the dryer onto the bed and could not because the bed was not made. I went into the other room and filed some papers and came across a note to Call Justin! and I don't know who Justin is or why I wanted to call him and it's too late now anyway so I might as well make the bed
Now I really want to know if Nancy ever figured out who Justin is/was. Did she google Justin and call every number? Did she dream of Justin? Did she forget all about Justin? Poor Justin.

Old 06-17-2022, 10:11 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,255,619 times
We've been having some kind of ISP problem for the longest time, where sometimes we can sign on to CD and other times we can't. It's especially irritating when I want to play in the games forum. It's kind of nice to just go through and visit different threads. Not so nice when you answer a couple threads and then get kicked out.

I'm on the (our) ISP tech to get on this.

Old 06-18-2022, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
We've been having some kind of ISP problem for the longest time, where sometimes we can sign on to CD and other times we can't. It's especially irritating when I want to play in the games forum. It's kind of nice to just go through and visit different threads. Not so nice when you answer a couple threads and then get kicked out.

I'm on the (our) ISP tech to get on this.
I'm just happy you weren't trying to sign into a Certificate of Deposit or a little disc that plays music (CD)

Old 06-18-2022, 06:59 AM

Someone pointed out to me that I use every utensil in the kitchen even to make a ham sandwich so I decided ONE spoon, one fork, one knife for the day. I like the plastic ones...sick of the tableware I have. So I start to make coffee when the cat shows up at the back door. I open a can of cat food and stick my ONE fork in it and it breaks in half.

Some of the shrimp I just boiled are mushy and I want to know why. Were they raised on shrimp farms living sad shrimpy lives? Why do I care about the shrimp when the shrimp don't care about me? I never called Justin, Katsmeow no longer has a pasta bowl, and I am out of Oodles of Noodles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology