Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2022, 04:03 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,655,273 times

Advertisements

Welp, not getting my Amazon order. After hours and hours of poring over the order, obsessing about exact delivery dates, scores of back n forth with the "mule" lady who was supposedly bringing it down----
nope. All 18 items got returned 'cause UPS, Amazon and USPS could not figure out how to deliver to Amazon lockers.

I'm so frustrated over this FWP that I need a few stiff drinks.

Life outside the First World, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2022, 06:12 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
I finally have a FWP! It's been a long dry spell...

OK so now I have two kittens that are the same age, but I got one just a coupla days ago and the other one several weeks ago. I need to get them both on the same vet schedule but that should only take a coupla times. Anyway, my FWP is that I have to coordinate NEUTERING both of them because one is a girl and one is a boy. Oy vey!

These are truly little scraps of life. And yet, they are THE most important life to them. For some perspective. They both think the entire universe revolves around them. It's sort of heartbreaking in a way.

Old 06-20-2022, 06:30 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,637,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
A Carolina wren has built a nest in a box that was staged on a table on our front porch. We turned our backs long enough to move some other things in and before we could say no not here the little twerp had finished the building and had laid 2 eggs in it.The audacity to use my box on my table without even asking permission. I suppose she wants me to supply meal worms too.
I've been shystered. The little hen is a work of art. I thought she had abandoned the nest with 4 eggs in it. I thought she might be setting on them some at night but could see to be sure. All I could see was her eggs during the day. Today I was sitting on the porch under the outdoor ceiling fan taking a break when she comes flying in low and fast with a bug or worm or some form of food for a chick. Like clock work one sortie after another bringing food she kept it up. Then papa joined her. I finally got a decent look and it looks like there are 4 hungry mouths to feed. I'm sitting inches from the nest and I just remain still and they keep bringing in the grub (pun intended) as I did see what looked like small grub worms some of the time. One day soon I'll have to put the long lens on the camera and get a close up of just what is going on and see how much rent to charge the little free loader. Mom and dad are getting braver flying in with the needed cargo for the kids.

Old 06-21-2022, 04:51 AM

1,400 posts, read 767,879 times
We're so glad your little birds are safe and well

Old 06-21-2022, 08:39 AM

I keep casting scornful looks at the bag of trash in the kitchen and yet it's still there. I should have bought shrimp but instead bought calamari, now the calamari is gone, I have no shrimp and am left with just noodles. Someone implied my house was cluttered and I shouldn't still have a Christmas tree up, but I removed all the ornaments so it's a small white tree with clear lights. Someone I hadn't seen in years came over and said "I love what you did with the house...it looks EXACTLY the same : )

Last edited by Nancy739; 06-21-2022 at 08:51 AM..

Old 06-21-2022, 10:59 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
OK I'm gonna call this one a trivial first world problem, because I don't believe that I am mentally ill in ways that cause me serious problems... But I am interested in doing therapy. Just feel like it might help me work through some stuff. So I was thinking that telemed video call type thing would work alright, and I went to look into what I can get through my health insurance.

And behold! They have a program for this. Linked straight through their website like, "Here! Look! Our very own directory of covered providers!" Sweet. And then I want to know how much it costs and it says, it is not more than $80/visit. But it might be less. It "depends on your coverage." Excuse me? I'm going through the provider of my coverage, where if anyone knows what my coverage is, it should be my insurance company, but they are saying...could be eighty bucks, or maybe less, who knows? Not us! Want to find out? Do it and see what you get charged! Whee!!

I want to flip a table sometimes, I need therapy to deal with the trauma of trying to GET therapy.

Also, apropos to nothing, I am slightly annoyed that in the USA, the "midwest" refers to states like Ohio and Indiana. Look at a gotdamn map, these states are in the mid-EAST, not the mid-WEST. The "midwest" should be like Colorado or Utah. We need to quit keeping with the idiot pronouncements of people who probably died hundreds of years ago.

Old 06-21-2022, 07:17 PM

On a lighter note, my tater-tots fell apart in the pan. I wanted to make something for dinner that was fast and easy and NOT using every utensil in the kitchen and the tater-tots won. Despite their turning into an undercooked hash beige and white, it was delicious : D

Old 06-21-2022, 11:45 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,297,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy739 View Post
On a lighter note, my tater-tots fell apart in the pan. I wanted to make something for dinner that was fast and easy and NOT using every utensil in the kitchen and the tater-tots won. Despite their turning into an undercooked hash beige and white, it was delicious : D
I am sooooo wanting carbs right now. Dang it girl! I am hangry. (Love what you did with the house...bet it smells like tater tots?) I really am hangry.

Old 06-22-2022, 07:19 AM

4,190 posts, read 3,405,823 times
I awoke with hair that looks like I've been on a bender.

Old 06-22-2022, 09:03 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,327,983 times
We have a ground nest of endangered Burrowing Owls near me and Cape Coral is one of the few places they live. I love them but one of them keeps flying up onto the lantern over my garage and leaving its poop all over. Now I'm going to have to pressure wash it but can I do that without getting electrocuted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology