Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2016, 01:30 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times

Advertisements

"My barista didn't even bother to make a design in the foam on the top of my vanilla latte!!!!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwvlbJ0h35A
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 01:40 PM

21 posts, read 19,901 times
Going to chapel every night at 7PM. Having to walk for hours every day. Not having any money for booze or smokes.

Old 05-26-2016, 02:06 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,907,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
My cat won't stop grooming himself - it's driving me crazy. I mean, dang. STOP IT ALREADY.

Also, my contacts are just now starting to bother me. I mean, it's almost the end of the month but it's not yet. I don't want to switch them out yet because I want to wait till the 1st - but they don't feel as fresh and clean and new and shiny as they were nearly four weeks ago. And wouldn't you know - this month has 31 days so I have to wait an extra day. My eyes are tired just thinking about it. God forbid that I would actually have to wear my glasses out in public.

DADGUMMIT!!!!!!
We're leading parallel lives with these two!

My cat (one of them) drive me crazy when I'm getting my prime snooze time (last half hour before I have to wake up). He's lying on the pillow right next to my face licking and licking. The noise is bad enough during my last 30 minutes of precious sleep, but cat-mouth also smells kind of nasty.

If that half-hour gets ruined, my whole day is ruined.

I try to milk my disposable lenses for every last hour I can get out of them! Dammit, I'm not going to change them a couple days early just because they itch and burn! I'm getting every damned penny's worth! So what if I have to blink constantly and my eyes are killing me? I'm not going to be ripped off.

Old 05-26-2016, 03:45 PM

Ugh, here's another one. There is a local organization that's sort of the trade organization for my company and other like it. They send out a daily newsletter via e-mail. Not only is daily too frequent, but the lady who sends it out, presumably to thousands of people, has the email set to send her a "read receipt" when you open her e-mails. I always choose "no, screw her don't send the receipt" or whatever the little popup says. But really, you send out a professional newsletter to thousands of people daily and you clicked on "Request a read receipt"?
I also hate the people in my own company who turn that function on for all e-mails. Once in a great while, one or two people might need to send out an e-mail important enough that they must collect read receipts (like some new policy mandated by the state that requires we have proof that every employee got it). But normal every day work e-mail does NOT need a read receipt.

Old 05-26-2016, 08:59 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
I bought 3 baskets of berries. 2 blackberry. 1 raspberry. The question: will they last the weekend or will I need to replenish on Saturday.

Old 05-27-2016, 11:51 AM

21 posts, read 19,901 times
BIG DADDY had to walk 4 hours today in the rain to get an Obamaphone.

Old 05-27-2016, 12:54 PM

1,863 posts, read 1,654,949 times
Paper or plastic?

Old 05-27-2016, 01:41 PM

The person coming to fix my dryer tomorrow is coming between 8am-12-pm. That means I have to get up God-awful early on a Saturday! That ruins my whole Saturday, as well at stresses me out tonight.

Old 05-27-2016, 01:47 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
They send out a daily newsletter via e-mail. Not only is daily too frequent, but the lady who sends it out, presumably to thousands of people, has the email set to send her a "read receipt" when you open her e-mails.

Here's a post from the near future: "My boss makes me send out the daily newsletter with a "read receipt," and I have to spend the next few hours clicking past hundreds of messages that say nothing but "email received." And there's this one person in my office who gets REALLY annoyed whenever I mention the "read receipt" thing, too . . ."

Old 05-27-2016, 02:36 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,167,570 times
I had this really cute little serving dish, was looking all over the house for it for months. Went to step-daughter for supper, (nice change), opened her cabinets to get out a dish. Well!

"What's this cute little dish? I had one just like it, a lonnnnnng time ago... "

Stepdaughter without missing a beat.. "Oh, that's yours. I really like it."

No shame, no apologies, no humour. She even kind of pouted when I said I was taking it home, LOL. I thought briefly of letting her have it but I knew she would not appreciate that gesture!

I don't get it. If anyone ever gives me food to take home in one of their dishes, I am so careful to wash it, put it on the table or somewhere out of the way, and return it to them as soon as possible. But no-one ever returns my stuff. I have found things in other people's cabinets too, they just use them as if they own them, lol! So it's plastic disposable containers from now on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology