Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2020, 02:33 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times

Advertisements

A friend gave us a restaurant gift card they received in 2018 and never used. It does say on the back that it never expires. We tried it at lunch today and it didn't work. It's re-loadable so I figured maybe it needed to be registered so I went on their website and it says it's unsupported, whatever that means. So I called the number on the back and it's not working. So I used their Contact Us link and gave a (shorter ) explanation there. Now it's wait and see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2020, 06:25 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,327,983 times
I planted 5 Lantana's about two weeks ago, all in the same area, all receive the same amount of water or rain. Four of them are doing well and one isn't. It had better perk up within the next week or out it goes.

My nails are the shortest they have ever been since finally getting all the acrylic off of them. However I can use the keyboard much faster. :-)

Old 06-22-2020, 12:45 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,550,542 times
My husband asked me to look for something, and when it wasn't where it should have been, I turned the whole house upside down. I tired myself out, still hadn't found it and since I never lose anything, I told him that it must not be in the house. I insisted that he had it. He looked in one spot in the garage and it wasn't there. I sent him out again, sure enough, he found it. I think we'll start there next time.

Old 06-22-2020, 06:26 PM

24,601 posts, read 10,921,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinaCarlotta View Post
My husband asked me to look for something, and when it wasn't where it should have been, I turned the whole house upside down. I tired myself out, still hadn't found it and since I never lose anything, I told him that it must not be in the house. I insisted that he had it. He looked in one spot in the garage and it wasn't there. I sent him out again, sure enough, he found it. I think we'll start there next time.
Ask him to sit with you and a glass of wine and wait until the need for Easter in June passes.

Old 06-22-2020, 10:25 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,418,521 times
Weeds. They get in EVERYWHERE.

Old 06-23-2020, 12:21 AM

948 posts, read 569,372 times
I don't like the way Papa John's cuts their thin crust. I can't eat a square piece of pizza. It's so unappetizing to me.

Old 06-26-2020, 06:22 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,550,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinaCarlotta View Post
We're out of cheese.
Vowing to never be without cheese again, it appears I may have bought too much.

Old 06-27-2020, 10:00 AM

218 posts, read 242,037 times
I am convinced that the "one-way streets" in stores are not there for our protection, but to make us buy more than we planned to. I take a list, and don't go down every isle, so it is very frustrating to get to the next isle I need to go down, and find it is wrong way, and have to go to the next isle to go back to the other end and back up the isle I need. Of course, doing down the other isle, I find something, not on my list, that I need/want. My other pet peeve with the one-way, is the person who is ahead of you, and stops half way down the isle to take 10 minutes to choose which can of beans, or whatever, to buy. Now I have to decide if I want to wait 6 feet behind them or try to squeeze past them. Grrrrrr. (Can you tell I did grocery shopping this morning LOL.)

Old 06-27-2020, 11:00 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,184,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaatar516 View Post
I am convinced that the "one-way streets" in stores are not there for our protection, but to make us buy more than we planned to. I take a list, and don't go down every isle, so it is very frustrating to get to the next isle I need to go down, and find it is wrong way, and have to go to the next isle to go back to the other end and back up the isle I need. Of course, doing down the other isle, I find something, not on my list, that I need/want. My other pet peeve with the one-way, is the person who is ahead of you, and stops half way down the isle to take 10 minutes to choose which can of beans, or whatever, to buy. Now I have to decide if I want to wait 6 feet behind them or try to squeeze past them. Grrrrrr. (Can you tell I did grocery shopping this morning LOL.)
One way aisles are confusing to me too, but not all stores are using them. Perhaps find a store that does not route you through one way aisles?

Old 06-27-2020, 05:50 PM

88,623 posts, read 84,875,076 times
I have been cleaning things out of closets and cabinets during the shutdown. A woman from the church I attend said she is determined to have a rummage sale and to bring everything to the church to be stashed in a room for when she has her sale.

I now have three large, full boxes of clothing and other items and am working on a fourth.

The problem is that all four of the boxes clearly come from one or another of those wine outlets that ship cases to your home and which have become very popular during coronavirus. I peeled off the shipping labels, but somebody's gonna figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology