Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2023, 07:39 AM

1,852 posts, read 867,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
This resonates.

I think he thinks a lot of people are lower than him on the totem pole.

We probably WILL encounter him again. This time, my husband will be with me. It'll be interesting to see how things play out. I suspect my husband will confront him, and John will apologize to my HUSBAND, and not me.

"You owe ME the apology, not HIM."

Old 08-01-2023, 07:41 AM

29,444 posts, read 14,628,378 times
Sounds like the typical frat boy douche, that never grew past that stage. He never learned how to interact with women on an adult level so resorts to the frat boy "let's do shots !!" rhetoric. Zero game to fall back on.

That being said, I was just like him when i was in my 20's. I've always been a bit socially awkward, and back then the alcohol definitely helped with that. While I've grew out of that stage, am still socially awkward but when dealing with women I tend to be polite, and more aloof, around them.
I'm married now so hopefully all that stuff is behind me.

Old 08-01-2023, 08:19 AM

2,020 posts, read 976,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
He sounds clueless at best. It was supposed to be a ladies' weekend, yet he decides he belongs. I would have a problem with that.
Well the ladies decided not to say no is what really happened. Kind of a headscratcher if you ask me.

Old 08-01-2023, 08:25 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuremote View Post
Well the ladies decided not to say no is what really happened. Kind of a headscratcher if you ask me.
Not to put the blame on anyone, but a lot of times women go against their gut feelings in order to be nice and not come across as b-words. Sometimes this ends up with having a less-than-stellar evening, other times it's much worse.

Old 08-01-2023, 08:27 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,139,106 times
Quote:
Obnoxious drunk. Why was he even allowed to glom on to your girls weekend?
Because 2 of the women (the single women) were more interested in him. The "single" energy was working here. lol

Old 08-01-2023, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Because 2 of the women (the single women) were more interested in him. The "single" energy was working here. lol
To each their own, but that would be the last gender-specific weekend I'd spend with single friends. I mean no harm in wanting a hookup in general but not within the auspices of a friends weekend. JMHO.
Unless really everyone liked the attention until it got out of hand.

Old 08-01-2023, 08:39 AM

3,023 posts, read 2,235,771 times
You've only been around him a few times and have slapped labels on him. He doesn't need a diagnosis to be annoying, and you don't need an excuse not to hang with him.

This reminds me of myself in college when I thought it was "rude" or mean to tell people where to shove it. I get that it's hard, especially in a group, especially if not everyone is on the same page (poor single friend needs to get attention from someone who isn't an a-hole). And I'm NOT saying you were leading him on or encouraging his behavior, but you (group you, not SnazzyB you) need to be more blunt or forceful to get oblivious, aggro goons to back off.

Go ahead and call me a drunk b*. I'll fire back whatever I need to if that stops my stupid single friend from taking a "night ride" with a drunk driver.

(This post is coming across judgey when I don't mean it that way... that's me reliving the many poor choices I made before learning the hard way.)

And if he apologizes to your husband? I have nooooo words. Just yuck all the way around.

Old 08-01-2023, 08:51 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,139,106 times
Quote:
To each their own, but that would be the last gender-specific weekend I'd spend with single friends. I mean no harm in wanting a hookup in general but not within the auspices of a friends weekend. JMHO.
Unless really everyone liked the attention until it got out of hand.
I was the oldest in the group at 66, and I've been married almost 21 years. Kelly is the youngest in the group at 38, and married 15 years. Dana is single, and Kelly's mom. She's in her mid to late 50's. And then there was Kim, Dana's friend, and about the same age as Dana. Kim is who John was interested in the most. John is 46.

Most of my friends are married. I had failed to factor in the 'single energy' lol.

Old 08-01-2023, 09:13 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,156,645 times
Quote:
Yes, which is why it is difficult to comment on that situation because of the different intentions or lack of intentions. Maybe I play too safe, but a guy insisting on being one of the women instead of being in service of the women, which to me is the definition of "girls" weekend, is an obnoxious one. And nothing is free.

Old 08-01-2023, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Yes, which is why it is difficult to comment on that situation because of the different intentions or lack of intentions. Maybe I play too safe, but a guy insisting on being one of the women instead of being in service of the women, which to me is the definition of "girls" weekend, is an obnoxious one. And nothing is free.
I don't think that's playing it safe at all, I think I understand and agree with what you're saying. A girls weekend is a GIRLS weekend. A man interloping AND being allowed to interlope like this buffoon did is not appropriate IMHO. I'm not a pearl-clutcher or prude, I just believe it can't lead to much good.

Can you imagine if the genders were reversed and some rando single chick wormed her way into a guys weekend?

Anyhow, this isn't meant to imply that casual, brief engagements with a guy while out in public on the weekend are inappropriate. But this clearly wasn't that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology