Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2023, 09:45 AM

1,873 posts, read 886,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post

When our meal was winding down, John jovially says (rather loudly) "should I ask the waiter how much of a tip he deserves?"...When we're riding back to our place from the bar, John starts in on a tirade about gay people.

This person would never be allowed in my home ever again, and I would refuse to go to any function where we know he will be. I hope your husband agrees.

Old 08-02-2023, 09:58 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,148,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
Oof, I must have misread that in your original post. I thought you had said he tried to take her for a ride and that's when y'all told him to leave.

One of the first things you are taught in a self-defense class is to NEVER leave the scene with someone. That's how you get raped, kidnapped, and/or killed.

Your friend is an idiot, and frankly, I would never take her anywhere again. I will not be held responsible for someone who has such a low level of boundaries for her own personal safety.
No...we told him to leave after he walked in to the RV without knocking, insisting that we put our bathing suits back on, go back to the lake, and do shots.

After he finally left, Kelly and I found out that Kim had gone for a night ride with him.

Old 08-02-2023, 10:00 AM

Quote:
This person would never be allowed in my home ever again, and I would refuse to go to any function where we know he will be. I hope your husband agrees.
He's never been to my home. He's never been to any of our homes. We were at Kelly's camping lot, thus the RV.

Old 08-02-2023, 10:03 AM

2,032 posts, read 985,488 times
Quote:
He's never been to my home. He's never been to any of our homes. We were at Kelly's camping lot, thus the RV.
Oh, so this is an established lakeside campground kind of place? Is it a members-only place or day use fee type of place? Not that it matters, but just curious...

Old 08-02-2023, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuremote View Post
Oh, so this is an established lakeside campground kind of place? Is it a members-only place or day use fee type of place? Not that it matters, but just curious...
This is a place called Woodland Lakes, in Missouri. It's a gated community of camping lots, and permanent homes. It's private for owners and their friends and family.

Woodland Lakes has several lakes...12 I think. Some are more suitable for swimming than others.

My husband and I have lots as well, but we were staying at Kelly's.

Old 08-02-2023, 11:03 AM

12,040 posts, read 8,414,540 times
Quote:
I don't think this counts when you're at a public hot tub at a hotel. If other people come to the hot tub when we're in one, and we don't like the vibe they bring, we get up and leave and go over to the pool or elsewhere. We don't own the hot tub.
No problem with other people joining us in the tub. It's to be expected.

I was talking about us ignoring their presence after the clown show. But if they had entered addressing us cordially of course we would have acknowledged them and not risked being called "stuck-up b*******s" which is usually how the rest of this game goes.

When they saw their clumsy antics weren't going to get our attention they left. There's more than one way to solve a problem.

Old 08-02-2023, 11:09 AM

2,032 posts, read 985,488 times
Quote:
This is a place called Woodland Lakes, in Missouri. It's a gated community of camping lots, and permanent homes. It's private for owners and their friends and family.

Woodland Lakes has several lakes...12 I think. Some are more suitable for swimming than others.

My husband and I have lots as well, but we were staying at Kelly's.
So in some sense, he's the neighborhood creep, probably known to many as such.

Old 08-02-2023, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuremote View Post
So in some sense, he's the neighborhood creep, probably known to many as such.
That's a possibility.

I would not have characterized him as such the first 2x I was around him.

The first time we (husband and I) were around him, we had a nice time, and we were in the water at least half the day. Later, he invited us to join him and his friends at a gathering place (within the community), which we did, and he blasted his music so loud, we could not hear conversation. And our group wasn't the only group there.

The music included some rap with lots of bad words, that was so loud. I was a little embarassed...I thought it was rude to all the other people there, who might not appreciate deafening music, and "P**sy, and F*ck, G Damn every other word. But HE was not behaving obnoxiously.

The next weekend was the same scenario, but this time there was a live band, and the mood was mellow, and pleasant, and we were talking to LOTS of people...and John was there but not monopolizing anything.

So, while I DID pick up on 'a little bit off' I didn't pick up on 'creep' until this last incident.

Old 08-02-2023, 12:48 PM

11,021 posts, read 6,870,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Sounds to me like it might be a good idea to make a rule that girls' weekends are just that-- girls' weekends. No hooking up with random (ish) dudes and turning it into a dating scene instead, just stick to the original purpose of the trip.
^^This. As for the man, he's an insecure alcoholic who thinks he has to buy people in order to force them to spend time with him. And that they owe him something.

Old 08-02-2023, 10:14 PM

2,897 posts, read 991,587 times
He sounds like if someone made a human being out of hot dog water Jell-O. Obnoxiously awful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology