Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 10:11 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times

Advertisements

"Do you even remember being 20?" rofl

And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 10:29 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Why even argue the point? As acting implusively and failure to act can both lead to disappointing outcomes. As evidence by this thread as many areas of this forum failure to cease the day ... the opportunity to be in a relationship with someone also leads to displeasure and loneliness.

Also it is a bizarre and an unreasonable idea to suggest that women who want to actually give birth to their own childen should wait until their 30s to start working on that game plan.

All this conversation suggests to me is that anyone reading anything on these forums should not take any advise on these forums relating to relationships or psychology too seriously.

You may be just as likely to get an accurate answer using a magic 8 ball.
You're the only one arguing.

We stated our opinion on how WE want to live our lives just like you did. I'm not telling anyone how to live their lives. I'm just sharing my story AND my OPINION just like everyone else. They don't have to listen to me and neither do you.

So what's the problem?

Old 03-15-2017, 12:08 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,729,878 times
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
You're the only one arguing.

We stated our opinion on how WE want to live our lives just like you did. I'm not telling anyone how to live their lives. I'm just sharing my story AND my OPINION just like everyone else. They don't have to listen to me and neither do you.

So what's the problem?

If you respond to something. I am going to respond back especially if I dont agree. The rest of people reading can either nod along or ignore. Sort exactly what you did in response to my comment. You are 100% entitled to your opinion and I am not saying it is not saying otherwise. You are presenting a perspective as am I.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:13 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,729,878 times
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
"Do you even remember being 20?" rofl

Is that a no?
I think this is a valid question because when someone is presenting as always knowing in advance the best thing to do I question if they likely just dont remember being in the situation or have always had a crystal ball to help them predict the future.
Or maybe God speaks directly to certain people and gives them the answers in advance .

Old 03-15-2017, 12:21 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
Quote:
Is that a no?
I think this is a valid question because when someone is presenting as always knowing in advance the best thing to do I question if they likely just dont remember being in the situation or have always had a crystal ball to help them predict the future.
Or maybe God speaks directly to certain people and gives them the answers in advance .
This argument is interesting because I'm in my 20s and I agree with her.

Old 03-15-2017, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Is that a no?

What the? I never claimed nor advocated for always knowing in advance. Hearing voices? No. NO ONE here has brought up some of these extreme statements (like predicting the future) but you. You exaggerate what we say so you have an argument.

Statement of the obvious: Yes, I remember my 20s. I was quite wild, but understood that for me, my mindset was not at that marriage and/or children would be unwise as I had not grown up yet.

I counciled caution and thought before big decisions. I do find it odd that there would be an argument against that, but to each their own. And AGAIN... my comments were primarily directed at the men complaining about financial loss from divorce.

Old 03-15-2017, 01:10 PM

We have derailed this thread, so back to the OP's question.

Old 03-15-2017, 01:30 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Quote:

Some times mistake change your life in a good way.

Ya ... I am not so sure about that thought process.

Okay I had challenging marriage ... but no matter what happens I am actually glad I got marriage and had that experience.

Okay I did not exactly "plan" to get pregnant when I did... but I have a child that I adore and would not give up in a million years.

I accidently ended up in my profession ( had no idea about it when I was younger)... but it pays well.

I accidently walked in to that store and discovered something amazing that is now a staple fashion accessory.

Some of my bad decisions may of bad decision have blown up in my face ... and some of them ... actually ended up being seemly bad decisions.... but turned out to have positive out comes.
Honestly, you and your experiences are the exception and not the rule as far as bad decisions go. For every parent who loves their accidental child I can think of a few who went through hell because they were born to people who didn't give a being a parent. Mistakes should never be encouraged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology