Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 02:45 PM

165 posts, read 336,633 times

Advertisements

Thanks, BH! When's this group's next get together?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 04:35 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,091,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foggytoad View Post
Thanks, BH! When's this group's next get together?
I think it will be in November. I'm waiting for the Sunshines to get here, and also pcozad. I think it will be at a park where there is boat access and the kids and everyone can come and picnic, and come and go. I'm thinking of scheduling it at Ponce De Leon Park. I'm going to post the date and information on it in a week or two. It's definitely on my agenda.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:45 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,152,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
I think it will be in November. I'm waiting for the Sunshines to get here, .

we are gonna have to teach you to read !!!!

we land Nov 30
Marley arrives Dec 1
we will be settled in our home Dec 2

so Dec 3 or 4 sound good !!!

thats DECEMBER

Old 10-28-2010, 03:28 PM

2 posts, read 2,151 times
Hi all,
just joined the forum as we are just selling our home in france and moving to rotonda west or maybe northport.
We hope to move end of january 2011.we have agents scouting for the right house for us.
What we need on arrival with 2 mature golden retrievers is arental house with fenced in garden .not too pricey for about 3 months till we find what we need. I'm irish,hubby is chilean and we're both swiss.we love to go out,pubs etc.is there anything like that down there?

Old 10-28-2010, 03:49 PM

2 posts, read 2,151 times
Default lucky you

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggytoad View Post
Big news!! As of today we are the newest homeowners in Rotonda West! Yes, we closed successfully and are so very glad it's all official now.
we will be joining you end of january hopefully.first need house to rent suitable for 2 golden retrievers who will be totally freaked after the trip.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:38 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,152,641 times
zanartu
, hope to welcome you to the area soon. we are moving into our Rotonda home in 4 weeks and cant wait. if you have any questions about the area ask away.

we have the same worry about our one dog but everyone says dont panic. So dont panic ok.

if you are Irish you will get Big House greeting you as he thinks he is a paddy :-)

Old 10-29-2010, 04:31 AM

165 posts, read 336,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanartu View Post
we will be joining you end of january hopefully.first need house to rent suitable for 2 golden retrievers who will be totally freaked after the trip.
I learned a ton by reading the posts here and asking questions. The people on this board are really helpful so if you need information, I'm sure you will get some answers.

2 Goldens? How wonderful! We have two dogs ourselves and a cat. Not sure how kitty will ever successfully make the trip without a nervous breakdown but the dogs did the trip this past summer and did pretty well all things considered.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:03 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,091,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanartu View Post
Hi all,
just joined the forum as we are just selling our home in france and moving to rotonda west or maybe northport.
We hope to move end of january 2011.we have agents scouting for the right house for us.
What we need on arrival with 2 mature golden retrievers is arental house with fenced in garden .not too pricey for about 3 months till we find what we need. I'm irish,hubby is chilean and we're both swiss.we love to go out,pubs etc.is there anything like that down there?

Hi!!
Welcome to the board!!
There are a lot of helpful people here, and as foggytoad mentioned, many love to help and offer opinions and discussions on all the great things about the area.
You'll have a a couple people in your neighborhood that will welcome you with a big party if you are coming over in the end of November, 1st of December. The Sunshines know how to put out a spread!!
In fact, if I stall long enough, our next meet up may be at his house. ((I gotta get on that).
Since you have dogs, you need to understand that it get very hot in the summertime, so you really need to watch out for them. The pavement (roads and concrete) can get extremely hot!!!! So when you walk them, make sure they can get on the grass when they walk, and don't make them lay out on the patio which can get burning hot. Also they need a lot more water. I used to have a Great Pyrenese /Golden Lab mix - they are great dogs!! My neighbor has a Golden. I used to have Labs, but right now I have an "All-Boy-Dog" English Springer Spaniel - loves to play - high energy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte