Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 02:22 AM

50 posts, read 68,317 times

Advertisements

Good for you Wpc as much as you like fishing you will get to enjoy what you really like to do on a full time basis. I had a great time on the water when we fished together I really appreciate the time and friendships I have made with you and my good buddy Messing About. I have learned a lot about fishing the Harbor from both of you guys. From both of you I got great perspective on type of boats as well before I just purchased the Century 1902 Bay boat that now sits in my garage. Not that I want to leave but I am headed back to Chicago to work one more summer season in construction. I sea trialed it twice with the guy I bought it from then parked it two days ago. I did have all the old gas pumped out added 30 gallons of fresh gas, Stabil Marine 360 and Yamaha Ring free plus before the second sea trial. I will be back in September to put the boat on the lift and start enjoying the waters here. I hope to share some more good times with Messing About and his great wife (they do make a great Southwest style salsa they should bottle & sell) and hope to meet many other of the members on the board I have talked with. We got here January 5th and are leaving soon. My how the past few month's flew by but it always does when your havin fun.

Till we meet again "Happy Trails"

Bucknut
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 03:19 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,964,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknut1 View Post
Good for you Wpc as much as you like fishing you will get to enjoy what you really like to do on a full time basis. I had a great time on the water when we fished together I really appreciate the time and friendships I have made with you and my good buddy Messing About. I have learned a lot about fishing the Harbor from both of you guys. From both of you I got great perspective on type of boats as well before I just purchased the Century 1902 Bay boat that now sits in my garage. Not that I want to leave but I am headed back to Chicago to work one more summer season in construction. I sea trialed it twice with the guy I bought it from then parked it two days ago. I did have all the old gas pumped out added 30 gallons of fresh gas, Stabil Marine 360 and Yamaha Ring free plus before the second sea trial. I will be back in September to put the boat on the lift and start enjoying the waters here. I hope to share some more good times with Messing About and his great wife (they do make a great Southwest style salsa they should bottle & sell) and hope to meet many other of the members on the board I have talked with. We got here January 5th and are leaving soon. My how the past few month's flew by but it always does when your havin fun.

Till we meet again "Happy Trails"

Bucknut
Well, I'll be here fishing, but you'll be enjoying Gene&Judes and Pizzeria Uno. Congrats on the Century - I'm sure it feels good to know it will be ready to go when you get back; and just in time for the perfect fall weather. Safe travels.

Old 04-01-2015, 03:55 AM

2,118 posts, read 3,776,884 times
Is it a coincidence that the 3 of us are up before the dawn? I think not.
Bucknut, it's truly been my pleasure to share time with you and your family. Can't wait for you to return and let you take me out fishing on your boat.

WPC, congrats on your early retirement. We should all be so fortunate. I'm driving to Homestead today for a short work meeting tomorrow morning but hope to be on the water this weekend.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:08 PM

Going out in the morning to do what I love to do most.
Going to start at Placida Ramp at low tide, 7:45.
Will work the Gasparila Pass and judge the outside for wave height and consider heading to one of the near shore reefs. The tide there comes high at 1:00 but then I can use my trailer to chase the tide into Charlotte Harbor, where it comes high at 3:30 ish. Myakka Cutoff is an easy jump from Placida on the trailer.

Wind and weather forecast favorable. This full moon nay have them feeding tonight. Hoping they save their appetites for my offering.

Old 04-04-2015, 04:44 AM

281 posts, read 406,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
and consider heading to one of the near shore reefs.
Is there a map or location info about these reefs anywhere? I am not much of a fisherman but wanted to take a friend out for a few hours Tuesday and hopefully catch anything. Or at least feed the fish some shrimp.

Old 04-04-2015, 05:39 AM

413 posts, read 828,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by az99 View Post
Is there a map or location info about these reefs anywhere? I am not much of a fisherman but wanted to take a friend out for a few hours Tuesday and hopefully catch anything. Or at least feed the fish some shrimp.
Check this out while you wait for others to answer.

Fishin Franks where to go fishing map.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by az99 View Post
Besides Frank's map, there are other reef location summaries online (check "dive sites" as well), and I think Waterproof Charts in downtown PG has a reefs chart.

Old 04-04-2015, 05:37 PM

Real good day on the water today...perfect weather, light winds, low waves. Strong incoming tide all day long, til about 4.

My next door neighbor, Rolando, and I fished at and caught:
Gasparilla Pass - keeper Mangrove Snapper
Trembly Reef - just short Sheepshead short grunts and some bait fish
Myakka River - keeper Spanish Mac
Myakka Cutoff - keeper trout and the fish of the day....a 26" Redfish caught on cut Ladyfish.
All others caught on live shrimp.

Here's a shot of my Red.
Attached Thumbnails
Fishing Charlotte Harbor Area-image.jpg  

Old 04-04-2015, 05:40 PM

Nice.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:00 AM

My blog contains more intimate details of this past Saturday's fishing, complete with charts and reference points of where you can find the fish. If you'd like to read more, go to:
Messing About in South Florida: 40 to 1 ODDS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte