Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2011, 07:07 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,091,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrivman1 View Post
That is just too cool! Can't top that one!
What is really cool, is that all my stories are 100% true. I have witnesses to back every one of them up, except my manatee story, and my wife can attest to how I arrived on the door step after that happened.

It seems like every time I go out, something totally awesome happens down here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 09:33 AM

493 posts, read 1,387,009 times
Default Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
What is really cool, is that all my stories are 100% true. I have witnesses to back every one of them up, except my manatee story, and my wife can attest to how I arrived on the door step after that happened.

It seems like every time I go out, something totally awesome happens down here.

The manatee story? Want to elaborate?

BH, you kill me, where is your camera when you see these things, the shark thing would have been a great pic!

Old 04-27-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
The manatee story? Want to elaborate?

BH, you kill me, where is your camera when you see these things, the shark thing would have been a great pic!

I'll see if I can find the link to to. I told it here after it happened! You will enjoy it - trust me.

I gotta say, Fox, there won't be any fishing stories you can tell - you can't hold a candle to some of the stories I have.

Now, off I go to find the story I posted here before... if I can, I'll edit and post the link here, if not it will be below this one.

Here it is:
//www.city-data.com/forum/saras...st8730543.html

Old 04-27-2011, 08:54 PM

Default Manatee

BH, ok it may take me a while to even get close to topping that one, good story though. I'll bet Champ liked the odor though!

Old 05-01-2011, 08:30 AM

Tomorrow I am going to do some wade / surf fishing near the end of Pine Island. We are going to use shrimp, sand fleas, and some small crabs as bait. We will be wading out chest high using some light tackle. I'll report back how things go when I can. :-)

Old 05-01-2011, 06:20 PM

Hey guys, finally got out this year for the first time and with my boat, water temps were a balmy 48-52 degrees up in Newaygo,MI, things have been really slow up here to warm up. Hope to make it down to SWFL in the next month or so, shooting for June, may just be early July!

Old 05-01-2011, 07:12 PM

164 posts, read 356,201 times
Quote:
Hey guys, finally got out this year for the first time and with my boat, water temps were a balmy 48-52 degrees up in Newaygo,MI, things have been really slow up here to warm up. Hope to make it down to SWFL in the next month or so, shooting for June, may just be early July!
I've been to the ""big metropolis" of Newaygo! Back in the 1970's my college boyfriend at Michigan State was from there. Small world!

Old 05-01-2011, 09:13 PM

Hi Sue, yeah it's a quaint little place, seems very much like you went back into the early 80's when you go into town. I mean that in a nice way, it is a very old community and the Muskegon River flows through the town and provides quite business base both for kayaking, tourism, and fishing.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:05 PM

OK, today I wade fished in my swim trunks all day down at Bocillia (the end of Pine Island). From where we were fishing we could see Boca Grande Pass in the distance. We had a great day. I used a gallon of sunblock and still was torched by the sun.

Today, we used just shrimp as bait. But we caught fish continually all day long. Had one bite after another with almost every toss. We used well over 100 shrimp between the two of us.

I caught and released everything:

7-8 keeper trout - 20-30 not keeper size but good size
3-4 keeper mackrel - 10 or so not keeper
1 founder
5-6 lady fish
40 or more pin fish
10-15 croakers
10-20 cat fish - a couple 5-6 lbers
2 puffer fish

We had a momma manatee and her calf swim within 15 feet or so of us. She looked like she was going to come closer, after my last manatee experience - I'm glad she didn't.

We saw several nests of Osprey around us, and the were catching fish all around us. I thought once one caught a fish 10' away and behind me - scared me - my brother laughed.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:17 AM

BH, good report, great day fishin', that was certainly worth the trip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte