Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2018, 08:56 AM

306 posts, read 391,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLoverPC View Post
SgtRich - your new home is looking awesome!!!! So excited for you guys! We are building w HD also as well as Casa Pools (great minds think alike). We are still in the permitting process but almost there. May I ask what model you used for your build? We did a modified St Tropez. Again, so happy for you and your family. You are so close!!
Hey, we're dog lovers too! Bringing our two pups down to enjoy the Florida sun and of course, the pool! An Aussie and a Pointer/Ridgeback mix. Poor Aussie isn't going to like the heat but, that's what pools are for.

We went with the St. Maarten model, they were all really nice but this fit us best. We did move the den/office from the front of the house to the back, so it's overlooking the waterl :-) That'll be a nice distraction when/if I get to work from home.

And congrats to you as well! Where are you moving from?

We're escaping the shrinking state of Illinois, not, soon, enough!

FYI, some options we chose and you might consider:

-Insulated garage doors, keeps it cooler in summer. Or, so I hope.
-Liftmaster 8500 sidemount jackshaft garage door openers. HD was uncertain about these, as they haven't ever installed them, but they did and they are great. Check Amazon for details.
-Nylon rollers on garage door, makes it even more quiet
-Kevlar hurricane screens, they roll up/down electronically. No need for shutters.
-AC outlets in 4 corners of soffets, for Christmas light and/or security cameras.

Then of course, multiple upgrades to tile, fans, appliances and the like, cha ching!

Be sure to ask, is this is included or is it an upgrade. For instance, placing the floor tiles at an angle is about 30% more. So, we didn't do that.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions. It's been a pretty good process overall, albeit slower than expected.

Congrats!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 09:00 AM

72 posts, read 92,418 times
looking good sarge..... not too many surprises for me. We've built several homes and what you described is pretty standard. Your version of standard and mine are totally different. As you stated, you can spend your entire allowance in one room. My question is that I missed the builder.... Can you tell me who it is?

Old 03-21-2018, 09:24 AM

Default Hd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue8 View Post
looking good sarge..... not too many surprises for me. We've built several homes and what you described is pretty standard. Your version of standard and mine are totally different. As you stated, you can spend your entire allowance in one room. My question is that I missed the builder.... Can you tell me who it is?
Harden Dukes.

Good to know about what is/isn't standard, as we weren't sure.

This is our first (and last) build, so we're rookies and it's all new to us. Very exciting indeed.

Old 03-22-2018, 06:44 AM

413 posts, read 828,620 times
Looking good! We were glad to get out of Illinois too. We have been here over a year now, time flies.
Do not miss Illinois, but do miss family and friends.

Dave

Old 04-05-2018, 10:47 AM

Default Granite and driveway!

Alrighty then, we're making more progress now. Granite is mostly in and looks great. Pavers are down for driveway and walk.

Final walk-through inspection in the 26th! Still not really sure when we'll actually move, sadly. Much to do up here yet.

I'm hoping for mid-May. Right when the heat starts kicking in!
Attached Thumbnails
New home is coming along!-20180405_102634-1-.jpg   New home is coming along!-20180405_102649.jpg   New home is coming along!-20180405_103053.jpg   New home is coming along!-20180405_103104.jpg   New home is coming along!-20180405_110043.jpg  

New home is coming along!-20180405_110049.jpg   New home is coming along!-20180405_110101.jpg  

Old 04-05-2018, 02:30 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,824,892 times
Looks Great!

Old 04-05-2018, 02:33 PM

24,408 posts, read 26,964,842 times
Nice choice of granite!

Old 04-05-2018, 07:57 PM

35 posts, read 50,280 times
Very nice! Very happy for you and enjoy the updates. Plan to move in 2.5 yr from IL and very exciting to see your move from N. IL. Can relate to everything. Congrats!

Old 04-06-2018, 09:33 AM

Default Where r u building?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisExit View Post
Very nice! Very happy for you and enjoy the updates. Plan to move in 2.5 yr from IL and very exciting to see your move from N. IL. Can relate to everything. Congrats!
Love your user name!

Where are you guys moving to, SGC or nearby? Building or buying? Already have a lot?

Just curious because, as you may have noticed, prices are on the rise in that area.

Old 04-06-2018, 03:41 PM

35 posts, read 50,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRich View Post
Love your user name!

Where are you guys moving to, SGC or nearby? Building or buying? Already have a lot?

Just curious because, as you may have noticed, prices are on the rise in that area.
Bonita. A little further south. We looked in the Englewood area, prices were more reasonable vs. Bonita that's is for sure. Prices are increasing. Maybe one more winter for us, can't wait to pay the last real estate tax bill in IL and ensure one more winter. We talked about renting next winter. My wife has to finish up work for retirement....

I am sure lunch is in the future to chat and laugh...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte