Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 06:52 AM

260 posts, read 638,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorj7034 View Post
Just when you think Tedesco can't get any more juvenile, he has taken the war to facebook. Tedesco wrote on his FB page "Then tonight, Benedict Goldman voted with the four minority members to do away with our efforts for community-based assignments and declared things should stay as is with the forced busing diversity model in place,”. You can read the whole thing on wral. This guy needs a timeout.
He does that over an over. Such a juvenile. See past FB issues - Poor John Tedesco hates being on school board :: WRAL.com

He should resign from BOE and move out of Wake county. I see him as a danger to my kids!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 06:55 AM

1,751 posts, read 3,689,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces07 View Post
I hope this mapping is changed. Carpenter Village (node 597) is getting screwed....again. East Cary Middle School, although a great school, is too far from the neighborhood. Why can't they feed in kids from the EC local area and shift the map so CV goes to Davis, Mills Park, or West Cary?! Even Salem would be agreeable.

Carpenter Village has tried very hard over the past couple of years to get assigned to a local middle school. Promises were made, and in all likelihood, will be broken.
I was thinking that the new middle school out that way would address that.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:27 AM

90 posts, read 219,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by librarySue View Post
Yes, it was suppose to be addressed.

Promises were made to move the neighborhood from E Cary to Mill Park. Those promises were broken when they failed to reassign CV last year. The school board is still failing to address the issue, as evident with the current plan.

Unbelievable.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:29 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,050,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces07 View Post
Yes, it was suppose to be addressed.

Promises were made to move the neighborhood from E Cary to Mill Park. Those promises were broken when they failed to reassign CV last year. The school board is still failing to address the issue, as evident with the current plan.

Unbelievable.
Was it this board or the previous board?

Old 10-07-2010, 12:48 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,091,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Was it this board or the previous board?
IT WAS THIS ONE. And, after the Carpenter Parents hounded them at all the open forums last year, Margiotta even said at a meeting "We have GOT to do something for those families at Brier Creek and CArpenter VIllage." But what did they do "FOR" us?? They left us at E. Cary Middle last year despite the families' pleas, and did it again on the (now discarded) "community schools" maps despite its being in a different zone than the elementary and high schools. Hence my original post

Old 10-07-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarySue View Post
You would think so, wouldn't you? For reasons beyond me it did not solve it. Maybe b/c Mills Park (the new middle school) ended up opening up as a traditional calendar school (because a cadre of parents vocalized this wish at the open forums). Even so, the Carpenter Parents, at those same forums, BEGGED for a closer MS assignment--REGARDLESS of calendar.

I have no idea what to do. I have a child going to 6th next year and I will be applying to magnets and privates and keeping in mind that, though it's far away, East Cary has an excellent reputation. I just HATE that going to E. Cary means eventually leaving all the friends she makes there (friends *I* will have to haul her 20-30 minutes across town to hang out with) to come back to western Wake for high school.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesg View Post
IT WAS THIS ONE. And, after the Carpenter Parents hounded them at all the open forums last year, Margiotta even said at a meeting "We have GOT to do something for those families at Brier Creek and CArpenter VIllage." But what did they do "FOR" us?? They left us at E. Cary Middle last year despite the families' pleas, and did it again on the (now discarded) "community schools" maps despite its being in a different zone than the elementary and high schools. Hence my original post
First rule for board members

1. Don't comment on or promise the outcome for something you haven't figured out how to do.

I try to be tempered in my thoughts on the board but they do make it difficult.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:03 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,874,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annesg View Post
You would think so, wouldn't you? For reasons beyond me it did not solve it. Maybe b/c Mills Park (the new middle school) ended up opening up as a traditional calendar school (because a cadre of parents vocalized this wish at the open forums). Even so, the Carpenter Parents, at those same forums, BEGGED for a closer MS assignment--REGARDLESS of calendar.

I have no idea what to do. I have a child going to 6th next year and I will be applying to magnets and privates and keeping in mind that, though it's far away, East Cary has an excellent reputation. I just HATE that going to E. Cary means eventually leaving all the friends she makes there (friends *I* will have to haul her 20-30 minutes across town to hang out with) to come back to western Wake for high school.
\\

How is applying for a magnet or private school going to change that she will be attending a Western Wake High School? Either way, most friends that she makes in private or magnet will not be close to home or attend a WW high school.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachivalay View Post
He does that over an over. Such a juvenile. See past FB issues - Poor John Tedesco hates being on school board :: WRAL.com

He should resign from BOE and move out of Wake county. I see him as a danger to my kids!
At least he was found out before a certain group tried to elect him to congress or perhaps a county commissioner.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
\\

How is applying for a magnet or private school going to change that she will be attending a Western Wake High School? Either way, most friends that she makes in private or magnet will not be close to home or attend a WW high school.
It won't. Except if she's in a private she can proceed to high school at the private (ie Cary Academy). If she's in a magnet then at least they're ALL scattering to the winds and it isn't just her 2 friends from elementary going back to Panther Creek while the rest of any new friends go to Cary HS. That would really stink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary