Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 10:48 AM

17 posts, read 64,360 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I've lived in Chapel Hill for the past 6 years and I love it. It has a good combination of great people, many things to do, and a solid reputation.
As for the housing, it's definitely more expensive and it's hard to find new construction. One place to look into is Southern Village. There is also a new subdivision off of Barbee Chapel Rd.
Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 11:41 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,089,224 times
I started my research by looking into Cary, believing WCPSS the best and Cary having the best of the best. I quickly found Cary not to my liking after a few visits down there and was put off by the year round school thing and the redistricting. So I looked in Chapel HIll and loved the area--it was more similar to the type of 'burbs I live in, west of Boston, now. However, CH is more expensive when compared to many areas of Wake and Durham counties. It's still an option, should we get down there. But then I started to research Hillsborough. It's just a bit smaller than the town in which I live now, very pretty, quaint and charming. I was also worried that the Orange County schools weren't as strong as Wake Co and Chapel HIll/Carrboro but I'm finding my research does not bear that out. Both Orange High and Cedar Ridge have solid reputations. Home prices are MUCH cheaper.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:18 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,167,824 times
I'd really like Chapel Hill but it's out of my price range.

Decided to rent in Raleigh 18 years ago. Started in West Raleigh and migrated to North Raleigh. Still happy and can find good apts that fit my budget. Schools were fine while kids needed them.

Your budget may influence where you locate, but most areas have decent living available if you are willing to adjust your desires to your budget.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary