Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 2,850 times

Advertisements

hi! Anyone know what they are putting in the former Masons/Unos building at brier creek? i am up there all the time and I have seen people working there. I noticed there are new decals on the windows. Always excited about a new potential watering hole or food spot nearby!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 11:59 AM

2,459 posts, read 8,080,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover1019 View Post
hi! Anyone know what they are putting in the former Masons/Unos building at brier creek? i am up there all the time and I have seen people working there. I noticed there are new decals on the windows. Always excited about a new potential watering hole or food spot nearby!
Not sure what's going in there, hopefully lasts longer than Mason's did.

Aladdin's is newly open - near the Caribou in BC. I didn't think I'd like it much, but have to say it was pretty good.

Frank

Old 05-24-2011, 01:17 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,950,071 times
The only information I found is on the Brier Creek Commons website. It appears to be a Which Wich?!? Website states "Coming Soon"

By Category

Which Wich® Superior Sandwiches

Old 05-24-2011, 01:51 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,791,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankpc View Post
Not sure what's going in there, hopefully lasts longer than Mason's did.

Aladdin's is newly open - near the Caribou in BC. I didn't think I'd like it much, but have to say it was pretty good.

Frank

Another thumbs-up for Aladdin's... I thought the Mediterranean place it replaced had just changed it's name, so I was hesitant to check it out, but it was awesome!

Old 05-24-2011, 04:57 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,919,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbcat View Post
Another thumbs-up for Aladdin's... I thought the Mediterranean place it replaced had just changed it's name, so I was hesitant to check it out, but it was awesome!

What was good about it? What did you have? I need details!!!

Is it a lunch buffet? I just drove by it the other day, but I didn't peek in.

Mason's was just awful. I think the concept, execution and brains behind it were all half baked.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:46 PM

Not a buffet...it's sit down with hosts/servers (which I didn't expect for the size of the restaurant). Awesome service. We had the hummous as an appetizer, salads and shawarma sandwiches. The hummous and the salads were awesome...the sandwiches were really good too. Huge dessert display too.

I'm from Dearborn, MI originally, large Arab population, so I've had some good food...this was pretty comparable to the smaller restaurants there...not A+, but solid...best I've had in this area so far, and I've really been looking!

Old 05-24-2011, 06:17 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,294,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynraleigh View Post
The only information I found is on the Brier Creek Commons website. It appears to be a Which Wich?!? Website states "Coming Soon"

By Category

Which Wich® Superior Sandwiches
I did see their sign in the window, but it's not where Uno's used to be. Which Wich is in one of the strips between Caribou and Brixx.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:09 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,919,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post
I did see their sign in the window, but it's not where Uno's used to be. Which Wich is in one of the strips between Caribou and Brixx.
Oh, probably where Camile's used to be.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:13 PM

1,521 posts, read 2,766,172 times
Interesting. Aladdins better than baba grille?

Old 05-24-2011, 08:37 PM

I thought Baba Grille was kind of horrible, personally :\
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary