Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 10:00 AM

826 posts, read 1,933,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbcat View Post
Not a buffet...it's sit down with hosts/servers (which I didn't expect for the size of the restaurant). Awesome service. We had the hummous as an appetizer, salads and shawarma sandwiches. The hummous and the salads were awesome...the sandwiches were really good too. Huge dessert display too.

I'm from Dearborn, MI originally, large Arab population, so I've had some good food...this was pretty comparable to the smaller restaurants there...not A+, but solid...best I've had in this area so far, and I've really been looking!

I worked at Oakwood in Dearborn for a year and was really spoiled by all the great Middle Eastern food there! We do love Neomonde here - pretty darn close to the good stuff up north!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 10:09 AM

154 posts, read 389,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsbadmojo View Post
Oh, probably where Camile's used to be.
Which Wich is going in across from the BB&T, next to Champa. I don't know what used to be there.

There is work going on (finally) in the ex-Salsarita's location which will become Qdoba.

Camille's turned into Noodles & Co. which has been open for a while.

I don't know what's going into the UNO spot.

Nice to have more choices to walk to. Jason's is good but not 2 or 3 times a week!

flamtap

Old 05-25-2011, 11:13 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,919,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamtap View Post
Which Wich is going in across from the BB&T, next to Champa. I don't know what used to be there.

There is work going on (finally) in the ex-Salsarita's location which will become Qdoba.

Camille's turned into Noodles & Co. which has been open for a while.

I don't know what's going into the UNO spot.

Nice to have more choices to walk to. Jason's is good but not 2 or 3 times a week!

flamtap
Oh, you're quite right; I had totally forgotten Noodles & Co. opened in Camile's spot.

Loves me some Jason's Deli. They do a really great job of keeping the dining room and salad bar very clean, and I love that they've eliminated HFCS from a lot of their menu. To your point I wouldn't want to eat there more than once a week either, but I get them a lot of props for a chain run right.

I don't think I've ever been to a Qdoba. Burritos isn't it?

Old 05-25-2011, 11:23 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,791,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskb View Post
I worked at Oakwood in Dearborn for a year and was really spoiled by all the great Middle Eastern food there! We do love Neomonde here - pretty darn close to the good stuff up north!
Ooh, thanks, I'll have to give it a try!

Old 05-25-2011, 01:44 PM

154 posts, read 389,589 times
Quote:
I don't think I've ever been to a Qdoba. Burritos isn't it?
Yes, better than Moe's. Arguably comparable to Chipotle.

flamtap

Old 05-25-2011, 01:56 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,168,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamtap View Post
Yes, better than Moe's. Arguably comparable to Chipotle.

flamtap
Qdoba uses better quality ingredients, especially the meat, than either of the two.

Old 05-28-2011, 05:39 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,919,296 times
I just realized that I was thinking of a totally different place. Chakras is Indian, it just opened on the WalMart side. Anyone been yet?

Old 05-29-2011, 06:19 AM

2 posts, read 3,303 times
Default Which Wich in Brier Creek

The Which Wich? Superior Sandwiches sign is up. It's going in across from BB&T, between Champa and Planet Beach. Set to open on June 15th.

There's talk of a sushi restaurant going in where Mason's/Uno's used to be.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:45 AM

2 posts, read 3,303 times
Yes!! Finally more choices in Brier Creek. Which Wich is fantastic! Has a ton of great sandwiches. It's a franchise that big in Texas and other areas, but finally coming to North Carolina! Can't wait! Opening in a week or two.... Qdoba shouldn't be far behind.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:07 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Oh, probably where Camile's used to be.
Nah. There's some sort of noodle place there. Food is blah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary