Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 10:59 AM

494 posts, read 816,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
What?? Maybe yours..

Mine love walks, socializing with other dogs at the park, protecting me at night in the car,
traveling with us, going boating with us, and on & on...
I was saying that pets do not belong in places of business. Stores are for shoppers.

When a pet is at home, you can take them for walks as long as you clean up after them and do whatever else with the dog as long as you follow the leash laws in your area. There are dog parks for socialization but a store is not the place for a dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 12:01 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,018,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbeckster View Post
I was saying that pets do not belong in places of business. Stores are for shoppers.

When a pet is at home, you can take them for walks as long as you clean up after them and do whatever else with the dog as long as you follow the leash laws in your area. There are dog parks for socialization but a store is not the place for a dog.
Agree about the stores !!

Old 02-03-2014, 02:09 PM

810 posts, read 1,450,427 times
By and large, rules don't get made until they become necessary. Something must have happened.

Besides, who said you should walk around other people's places with your dog anyway? I see that as the progressive advance of American crappy manners.

Old 02-03-2014, 03:35 PM

1,480 posts, read 1,230,197 times
Why can't people leave their dogs at home when they go to the store? Dogs are pets, not accessories. I hate it when I go into Target and I see someone with their dog in there carrying them around or putting them in the cart! Just because you bring them with you to the pet store that does not mean bring them in every store!

Old 02-03-2014, 03:49 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,256,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
Why can't people leave their dogs at home when they go to the store? Dogs are pets, not accessories. I hate it when I go into Target and I see someone with their dog in there carrying them around or putting them in the cart! Just because you bring them with you to the pet store that does not mean bring them in every store!
Amazing, isn't it! WHEN did it all change? Did Paris Hilton carring her dog in her handbag change our way of thinking about dogs?!!

Vicki

Old 02-03-2014, 03:52 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,396,943 times
I can't understand how some people treat dogs as if they are like children. Dogs are pets period. They eat other pets feces. When they get sick you put them down, you don't let them suffer like you do your grandmother in the nursing home.
Leave them home, they are just as happy sniffing each others butts then they are riding in the car of strolling through Walmart.

I love dogs but they are not human and they should not be treated as such. Feed them, let them in the home when the weather is too hot or too cold and take them to the vet every year for a checkup but when they get real sick put them down because it's the right thing to do. But please don't bring them to the store.

Old 02-03-2014, 04:15 PM

43,315 posts, read 77,165,481 times
I might have to get a purse, if I can pick up one of these babies...

Audi 2014 Big Game Commercial - Doberhuahua - YouTube

Old 02-03-2014, 04:36 PM

612 posts, read 1,281,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterOfJustice View Post
Look guys, I'm not going to argue. Some people like it, some don't. Like I said, I understand they have their policy, and I have mine. I just wanted to make an informational post so someone else doesn't get caught off guard with an awkward conversation with the store manager.
I appreciate the informative post. While I rarely shop at big box home improvement stores, and I don't live near that particular Lowes, your post made me think about looking into my local Home Depot and Lowes policies. I try to support businesses with policies that I agree with, and I think we have similar opinions of dogs and kids. If HD or Lowes banned kids that's where I'd do my home improvement shopping when needed. Instead I think I'll check and see if either allow dogs and try to do my shopping there when needed. Thanks!

Old 08-26-2014, 07:14 AM

1 posts, read 1,281 times
We had to take two of ours girls to the vet and Hubby needed to stop by Lowe's on our way home. We live 15 miles away, so taking them back home wasn't really an option. It was too hot for me and the dogs to stay in the truck, so we asked if the dog's were allowed in the store. They said they were allowed in the garden area. We had at least 8 people come up to our dogs and ask if they could pet them. They are Whippets and were very good for their first time in Lowe's. This was the Lowe's in Pittsboro, NC.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:06 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,250,843 times
My husband works for Lowe's in E., N.C. & they do allow dogs. Last night however in walked a customer and along side of him was his pet Goat. I guess it depends on the Store Manager on who or what is allowed in the store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary