Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 08:14 PM

129 posts, read 186,527 times

Advertisements

Seriously? Who brings their dog to home improvement stores? It would never even cross my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 08:18 PM

492 posts, read 1,152,657 times
The same people who bring them to the bank for a dog treat. I don't get it either, and I have 2 dogs. I just don't travel the city with them.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:59 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,250,843 times
My husband's Store Manager here in E., NC would rather have the customers with their dogs, cats, goats in the store than for them to leave them in the hot car. When he came home from work, my husband was laughing telling me, he said "well hello" to the goat & the goat went "baaaa" & walked away down to the Flooring Dept. where they took pictures on their individual phones. You can't make this stuff up.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:49 AM

1,521 posts, read 2,766,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterOfJustice View Post
Look guys, I'm not going to argue. Some people like it, some don't. Like I said, I understand they have their policy, and I have mine. I just wanted to make an informational post so someone else doesn't get caught off guard with an awkward conversation with the store manager.

I rarely post here just because it seems like every single reply to every post is just trying to start arguments...
Get used to it. Many posters use this forum specifically for the outcome you're trying to avoid - "you're wrong, I know better, and here's why. Im just saying...." The snark/condescending platform many choose to embrace is on another level. Debating facts (as in, if lowes truly did change their policy) is normally thrown by the wayside to instead convey ones opinion in the hopes of inspiring the e-mob to approve of their snark and join in on the fun. Just gotta know your audience, that's all, and this post, while well intentioned, was doomed to die at the hands of the e-mob out of the gates.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whippet5 View Post
We had to take two of ours girls to the vet and Hubby needed to stop by Lowe's on our way home. We live 15 miles away, so taking them back home wasn't really an option. It was too hot for me and the dogs to stay in the truck, so we asked if the dog's were allowed in the store. They said they were allowed in the garden area. We had at least 8 people come up to our dogs and ask if they could pet them. They are Whippets and were very good for their first time in Lowe's. This was the Lowe's in Pittsboro, NC.
How dare you provide a logical explanation with a positive outcome! Don't you see us all sharing stories of violent animals consuming young children's limbs with disrespectful, selfish owners laughing while happily disrupting the lives of shoppers throughout the store? There's no room for your tales of logic, responsible dog ownership, and positive outcomes, come on!!!!

Old 02-01-2015, 12:09 PM

810 posts, read 1,450,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterOfJustice View Post
I know I'm not the only one who enjoys bringing their WELL BEHAVED, LEASHED, and VACCINATED dog...

What about just not being a lout?
Could you just manage not being a lout?

Old 02-01-2015, 01:09 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,913,089 times
No matter what their policy is, anybody CAN get their dog into any retail establishment. All they do is claim they are disabled and the dog is a service dog. They cannot force anyone to provide paperwork and most paperwork is useless anyhow.....just a moneymaker.

Commonly Asked Questions About Service Animals in Places of Business

However, as someone who actually is disabled and who has a dog, I never recommend anyone lie about their health or their pet. Just pointing out how the system works. Most establishments do not even know how the ADA laws work.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:49 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,114,938 times
I used to do business at a Petsmart right next door to Home Depot. Many people would have their dogs with them and didn't want to leave them in the car. I can understand that and id it myself a few times but my dog was small enough to sit on a sales flyer in the basket and never did any harm. Wonder if they still let dogs in there.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:43 AM

645 posts, read 989,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
Get used to it. Many posters use this forum specifically for the outcome you're trying to avoid - "you're wrong, I know better, and here's why. Im just saying...." The snark/condescending platform many choose to embrace is on another level. Debating facts (as in, if lowes truly did change their policy) is normally thrown by the wayside to instead convey ones opinion in the hopes of inspiring the e-mob to approve of their snark and join in on the fun. Just gotta know your audience, that's all, and this post, while well intentioned, was doomed to die at the hands of the e-mob out of the gates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
How dare you provide a logical explanation with a positive outcome! Don't you see us all sharing stories of violent animals consuming young children's limbs with disrespectful, selfish owners laughing while happily disrupting the lives of shoppers throughout the store? There's no room for your tales of logic, responsible dog ownership, and positive outcomes, come on!!!!
Well, bless your heart, Mr. Breaker. Thank you ever so kindly for educating us uncouth and unlearned folk on how best to engage in a respectful and meaningful dialogue without resorting to condescending snarkiness and sarcasm. Your second post above is a particularly compelling example on how to help folks to empathize with another person's differing point of view.

Peace to you, good sir.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:25 AM

Sure thing! Feel better now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary