Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 10:28 AM

9,146 posts, read 14,775,028 times

Advertisements

I was in that Lowe's last evening and saw a woman walking down the main front aisle with a dog on a leash. Don't know about their policies but I didn't see her get tackled to the ground or anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 10:29 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,682,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Dogs and kids should be left in the car !
Absolutely wrong, dogs and kids die in cars because if heat and normal temperatures because of those who think like you.

Dogs and kids should should be with you when out unless the place does not allow them ,
So leave them at home- not the car.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:05 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans&Cornbread View Post
Well, bless your heart, Mr. Breaker. Thank you ever so kindly for educating us uncouth and unlearned folk on how best to engage in a respectful and meaningful dialogue without resorting to condescending snarkiness and sarcasm. Your second post above is a particularly compelling example on how to help folks to empathize with another person's differing point of view.

Peace to you, good sir.
He's just trying to establish that others are wrong, he know's better, and here's why. Ought to change his name to Kettle-Breaker....

Some places allow dogs. If they do, and you're so inclined, bring 'em. Some don't. If they don't, and you want to shop where you can bring your dog, then go elsewhere. What is so hard to understand about it. Personally, my opinion has probably changed on this subject over the last year, but it's really irrelevant considering I don't get to make the rules for who (or what) can go into Lowe's....

I'm pretty sure I saw a dog in there the last time I was there (this weekend, Cary Lowes), so maybe they've relaxed their policy some.

EDIT: He was 'just sayin'

Old 02-03-2015, 01:04 PM

821 posts, read 1,463,633 times
I'm pretty allergic to dogs, so I guess the business is darned if they do allow them and darned if they don't! Question is, would they lose more money from people who won't shop there because they do allow dogs or people who won't shop there because they don't?
And I just realized I'm WAY overthinking this...the only time it's been an issue for me is when dogs are allowed in my workplace (and since I don't work at Lowe's ).
Hope this can be peacefully resolved!

Old 02-03-2015, 03:23 PM

1,521 posts, read 2,766,582 times
Some folks just never miss an opportunity to pound their chest. Bait provided, bait taken. Thanks. Perhaps now we can discuss facts and let the passive aggressive snark go by the wayside.

Guest12 - you're right, definitely darned if they do/don't which is why most places ultimately elect not to do it. The people who are against it typically have much stronger feelings ie they will alter their shopping plans, vs the folks who are for dogs in stores. The pro-dog folks tend to just try and support businesses who have that policy, but won't go out of their way not to patronize businesses who do enforce no dogs.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:24 PM
DPK

4,595 posts, read 5,731,560 times

Old 02-03-2015, 08:30 PM
DPK

4,595 posts, read 5,731,560 times
I believe the inflammatory posts in this thread are the propaganda of the international league of cats. Clearly the woof of the rationale is ruff in bark bark bark... * starts licking random objects in room *

Old 02-03-2015, 10:59 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,018,404 times
My favorite dogs at Lowes are the all the way ones that come with a soda & chips...

I always think of something I need from there at lunch time on the weekend..

Old 02-04-2015, 11:57 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,181,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
I believe the inflammatory posts in this thread are the propaganda of the international league of cats. Clearly the woof of the rationale is ruff in bark bark bark... * starts licking random objects in room *
Now, a cat on a leash at Lowe's would be something to behold and to Instagram!

Old 02-04-2015, 09:48 PM

848 posts, read 1,121,104 times
Good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary