Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 01:34 PM

1,357 posts, read 4,029,727 times

Advertisements

Good thing I don't black list places that won't let me bring my well behaved cat .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2014, 01:56 PM

821 posts, read 1,463,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I don't eat outside at restaurants because people bring their dogs.
Vicki
I'm allergic to dogs, and I did not understand the extreme push last year to allow pets to eat at restaurants (though it seems a lot of it was downtown, where I suppose people would walk their dogs and might want to grab a bite to eat). I figured I was biased, so it's nice to know someone else has similar feelings!

Old 02-02-2014, 02:14 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,240,399 times
Good for Lowe's. I hope this applies to all their stores and I hope other companies follow suit.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:33 PM

2,464 posts, read 4,168,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
Thank you for abiding by the policy. I can't count the number of times we have been at a soccer match where the fields are clearly marked "No pets", yet someone thinks the rule doesn't apply to them. They then typically don't pay attention to the dog, which proceeds to wrap the Flexilead around someone, etc.

We have four dogs, but I never understood the desire to take one to a store, other than PetSmart.

The best is using one of the many sports fields in the area, only to find it littered with numerous piles of dog feces! EVERY ballfield I've ever used around Raleigh has "no dogs allowed" signs posted on the fences. And yet there are a LOT of people who feel they are above and beyond the rules, and will let their dogs run, and poop, and then don't bother to clean it up. The disc golf course at Cedar Hills Rotary Park is one of the more notorious spots Ive seen. It's not a fenced in ballfield, but it is a large grassy area used as a disc golf course. And the people who live nearby walk their dogs there to relieve themselves, and I've never seen one pick it up! I'd love to see them fined for their laziness.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:11 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,059,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post

You are 100% correct on that !

Old 02-02-2014, 05:38 PM

494 posts, read 816,774 times
Stores are for people not animals. Pets do better in homes.

Old 02-02-2014, 06:50 PM

136 posts, read 435,814 times
Here's a news flash for you - dogs aren't people. Some dog owners tend to have this world view that their dog should go everywhere with them, and that everyone else should like it. I love dogs but I think they shouldn't be allowed in the stores. God forbid that your dog may not be quite as well-behaved and friendly as you think it is. Some people are afraid, others allergic, and then there's the issue of what the owner considers well behaved.

I'll also add that I think some dog owners have a willful blind spot for their dogs waste products. More than once I've had to point out the mess to the dog's owner who was more than happy to walk away pretending not to notice.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:33 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,018,404 times
There is a long thread somewhere about people who think their pet is human..
I will find the thread...
Some people said they would save their pet over a stranger if they had to make the choice

Hope it isn't against the rules to link another thread on city-data

//www.city-data.com/forum/non-r...l#post32935864

Old 02-03-2014, 04:21 AM

683 posts, read 1,885,772 times
As someone with an extreme allergy to dogs, I have always found it to be rather inconsiderate of people to bring their dogs in stores. I don't think most dog owners consider the ramifications to other peoples' health because they are too concerned with what they feel are (or should be) their rights.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:22 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbeckster View Post
Stores are for people not animals.
This is my opinion too (and I'm a dog lover), but even more important than my opinion, or anyone else's opinion, is that void of a law governing otherwise, a business has a right to make that decision. A smart business will decide what is in their best financial interest and go with that. My guess is that in Lowes, it detracts more people than it attracts. As a stockholder, that's what I'd want policymakers to consider.

As for restaurants, I think it's the same thing. I am (personally) supportive of places that allow dogs outside on patios, but have no ill feelings to those who do not allow it. It's their decision as business owners. (and yours as a patron to decide where you'll spend your money. I'd probably feel different seeing a dog outside at a pub, versus on the patio of a fine dining establishment, for example.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary