Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 01:36 PM

513 posts, read 696,146 times

Advertisements

Colder than NY? You cannot be serious. I also wonder how people can be so shocked over the weather. Did you not look at the weather averages/records? Initially I thought NC would not get as cold as it does, but a little research showed me there are the occasional low temps. Still much warmer than MA though (and NY)

Old 02-13-2014, 01:44 PM

43,301 posts, read 77,142,685 times
Talking OOOKaaay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weblackey View Post
If we ever do a picnic as a meetup sometime, please feel free to bring a nice fruit salad, or some chips

You got it.
Not my patented "Mystery Chicken Salad?"

I have heard that "Buffalo Chips" are a treat in some quarters...

Old 02-13-2014, 02:27 PM

610 posts, read 746,589 times
I moved up from Fort Lauderdale, so to me, this is the North. I expected shorter but hot summers than I left, and less severe but still cold winters than my native state of Pennsylvania.

So far, I got what I expected (here 1 year in April) although I understand that summers are usually hotter than this summer was and that we get less snow here than this year.

Regarding winter, if that's the case, I rather like the climate here. Winters are a bit chilly, but generally snow-free. Heck, who am I kidding. I like it here lots. I love the four seasons.

Old 02-13-2014, 02:31 PM

553 posts, read 1,272,593 times
I'll take this over a Buffalo winter any day of the week. This event will only last a few days. In Buffalo, it lasts until around May and is way colder. I am so glad that I don't have to deal with Lake Effect Snow.

Old 02-13-2014, 02:33 PM

610 posts, read 746,589 times
By the way, just for laughs, the difference between snow in Pennsylvania and snow in N.C. Honest. I laughed so hard when I saw this because it is true.

Old 02-13-2014, 02:36 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRebel View Post
When people are posting on city data trying to give the impression that NC is a tropical paradise, I guess its only natural some of them are misled..
I never do that. We get enough people moving here WITHOUT encouragement.

Old 02-13-2014, 02:51 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,615,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBonzie View Post
I moved up from Fort Lauderdale, so to me, this is the North. I expected shorter but hot summers than I left, and less severe but still cold winters than my native state of Pennsylvania.

So far, I got what I expected (here 1 year in April) although I understand that summers are usually hotter than this summer was and that we get less snow here than this year.

Regarding winter, if that's the case, I rather like the climate here. Winters are a bit chilly, but generally snow-free. Heck, who am I kidding. I like it here lots. I love the four seasons.
We moved up from Tampa two weeks ago tomorrow. My son has already seen snow here on 2 occasions. My husband keeps teasing me because I kept saying I wanted seasons! LOL

Old 02-13-2014, 06:39 PM

272 posts, read 303,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
Be sure to let Mike or one of our realtors know when your house is ready for market.
I don't own a house.

Quote:
I am sure he'll have half a dozen folks waiting to outbid each other for the house. The Cary area is in high demand right now, I don't see it changing.
There's one (half-dozen?) born every minute.

Quote:
So when you looked at moving here, did you do your due diligence and what has changed? I am really curious as to what drew you to the area? What does it lack that you had where you came from?
Cary is a mirage and a scam. A type of pyramid scheme. Like everything else in this benighted nation. Most of all I hate the people of Cary. One day I will tell you of an experience I had with a Cary couple that typifies and confirms the worst stereotypes of this place and it's inhabitants.

In the meantime enjoy the mild Southern winter weather.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:00 PM

43,301 posts, read 77,142,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContainednCary View Post
I don't own a house.

Cary is a mirage and a scam. A type of pyramid scheme. Like everything else in this benighted nation. Most of all I hate the people of Cary. One day I will tell you of an experience I had with a Cary couple that typifies and confirms the worst stereotypes of this place and it's inhabitants.

I can find people who will confirm to the lazy their negative stereotypes of:

• Accountants
  • Black People
  • Asians
  • Indians
  • Athletes
  • Nerds
  • Romanians
  • Homeless people
  • Short People
  • Short People who are Black Accountants
  • Nerdy Athletes
  • Rednecks
  • Gay people
  • Homophobic people
  • WASPS
  • Liberals
  • Conservatives
  • Libertarians
  • Bible-bangers
  • Agnostics
  • Atheists
  • Jews
  • Left-handed short black people
  • Cat lovers
  • Cat haters
  • Duke Fans
  • Carolina Fans
  • State Fans
  • Sports haters
Name your banal prejudice, and I can find a player to give you comfort. But, I probably wouldn't have to, as the prejudiced can diagnose flaws on sight. And I probably wouldn't, because everyone in that list deserves better than bigotry and prejudice.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:15 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContainednCary View Post
I don't own a house.

Cary didn't make you come here.

In fact, if there's anything truly wrong with Cary...

I don't think you need me to spell it out for ya.

(And... For the FIRST time since I joined this site)

I-95 runs north AND south.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary