Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2016, 11:34 AM

7,077 posts, read 12,353,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by papilgee4evaeva View Post
THIS.

Also:
- A freeway route between 440 and N. Raleigh
- Rail alternative to driving
- A major-league team that's not hockey
- A big musical instrument store in N. Raleigh that's not on or near Capital
I've gotta ask. What's so important about 7-11? I do like their food options which is better than your typical gas station hot dog. Other than that, what's the big deal? Is there something I'm missing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 11:38 AM

1,279 posts, read 1,723,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
I've gotta ask. What's so important about 7-11? I do like their food options which is better than your typical gas station hot dog. Other than that, what's the big deal? Is there something I'm missing?
Slurpees. AKA convenience-store ambrosia.

Old 05-03-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Slurpees. AKA convenience-store ambrosia.
I'm still lost because Circle K has the same thing. They just call it something different.

Old 05-03-2016, 11:53 AM

1,279 posts, read 1,723,973 times
Quote:
I'm still lost because Circle K has the same thing. They just call it something different.
I want to just say "trust me" and leave it at that... but to be fair, I'll make it a point to go to Circle K sometime soon and see if what they have is really the same thing as a Slurpee.

Old 05-03-2016, 12:06 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,522,693 times
Quote:
I haven't tried Circle K, but I've often had people try to tell me that Slurpees and Icees are the same thing. But they aren't. I don't know if it's a consistency thing, but Slurpees seem more "velvety" to me (for lack of a better descriptor)

Old 05-03-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
I want to just say "trust me" and leave it at that... but to be fair, I'll make it a point to go to Circle K sometime soon and see if what they have is really the same thing as a Slurpee.
You don't have to say "trust me". I've lived in 7 eleven markets before returning to NC 8 years ago. Also, where I live now has been a 7 eleven market for about 5 years now. They are practically on every corner in Charlotte. I bounce between Circle K, 7-11, and QuikTrip regularly (QuikTrip is comparable to Sheetz but better IMO).

I'll say this though. 7-11's chicken wings are AWESOME!!! You can keep that frozen drink..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I haven't tried Circle K, but I've often had people try to tell me that Slurpees and Icees are the same thing. But they aren't. I don't know if it's a consistency thing, but Slurpees seem more "velvety" to me (for lack of a better descriptor)
I guess there is a difference if that's your thing. I can't argue with that.

Old 05-03-2016, 12:09 PM

6,656 posts, read 5,595,336 times
Quote:
It's like saying "what's the big deal about Wegmans? There's a Harris Teeter here" or "What's the big deal about Wawa? There's a Subway here"

Old 05-03-2016, 12:39 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,913,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
It's like saying "what's the big deal about Wegmans? There's a Harris Teeter here" or "What's the big deal about Wawa? There's a Subway here"
Or like saying "What's the big deal about Eastern NC Q? There's a Q Shack!"

Old 05-03-2016, 01:01 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior_88 View Post
Amusement Park/Water Park (for the life of me I cannot understand how Wake County does not have one...)
Prime Shops/Tanger Outlet type stores
semi-pro baseball team stadium downtown
Light Rail
We used to have one. It went out of business.

Silver Lake Waterpark to turn into townhomes :: WRAL.com

Old 05-03-2016, 01:04 PM

1,037 posts, read 1,381,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
That is an interesting concept. Maybe a water lagoon with fountains and such, for those scorching hot summer days. Talk about making downtown family friendly.
I'm sure there are mitigation steps that can be taken, but when I think about large water features here, all that comes to mind are hoards of mosquito. I get itchy just thinking about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary