Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 12:44 PM

43,273 posts, read 77,073,002 times

Advertisements

We popped by for a menu, possibly for a group event.
I just this Friday, and Today, they posted a sign on the door that they are abruptly and permanently Closed.

I was never in love with the place, but thought they were OK.
Maybe OK is not Good Enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2017, 12:57 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,759,495 times
Wow, kind of surprised. But then again, we ate their once or twice and haven't been back for a year or two. Just assumed it appealed to the masses.

But yeah, too much competition for mediocre places to make it. Lots of places with 30-40 taps. Lots of places with really good bar food.

Old 09-03-2017, 01:20 PM

43,273 posts, read 77,073,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Wow, kind of surprised. But then again, we ate their once or twice and haven't been back for a year or two. Just assumed it appealed to the masses.

But yeah, too much competition for mediocre places to make it. Lots of places with 30-40 taps. Lots of places with really good bar food.
It is a good location in the complex, and always with good parking behind.
I don't expect it will be vacant long.

Old 09-03-2017, 01:44 PM

22,667 posts, read 36,779,658 times
It was crowded the few times I went in, surprised it couldn't make it in that location.

Old 09-03-2017, 02:37 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,725,309 times
Huh that's surprising -- always seemed busy when we were there no matter the season, but you might be right with being OK not being good enough these days. They didn't really seem to have their own "gimmick" to keep people tied to them. Nothing really stood out from other places of that type. Can't imagine that spot will be vacant too long given the location.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:54 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
I found it rather sterile or something. Not what I would envision if someone told me we were headed to a pub of any kind.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:07 AM

5,324 posts, read 3,207,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I found it rather sterile or something. Not what I would envision if someone told me we were headed to a pub of any kind.
I agree with you. Unfortunately when it comes to chain restaurants people throw about terms that attract the masses.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:10 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
I agree with you. Unfortunately when it comes to chain restaurants people throw about terms that attract the masses.
It needed an interior designer or something. It's not that I dislike a clean line with regard to interiors, but they didn't exactly have thoughtful arrangements of seating and areas that felt warm and inviting.

You can do all of that with a modern interior. It reminded me more of an airport waiting area.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:36 AM

22,667 posts, read 36,779,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Well, it's a chain, not a down-and-dirty one-of-a-kind place. Looks like any other chain...curious what will go in there.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:41 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,759,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Well, it's a chain, not a down-and-dirty one-of-a-kind place. Looks like any other chain...curious what will go in there.
Funny thing, it was originally a single restaurant in The Chicago area I beleive. I remember looking at their site when they first announced it was coming here (had maybe 3-4 locations at the time) and it looked like a decent place in a cool older building with nice atmosphere, they just didn't really transfer it over when doing the new space. People also really tend to overlook sound dampening when they do things like this as that really kills it for many people. I was at some event there in the bar and it was so freaking loud, you could barely hear without yelling st the top of your lungs. It was like an SNL skit of being in a club or something.

I too will be interested to see what takes that spot over. Someone on Nextdoor is clamoring for an Applebee's! What is wrong with people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary