Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 08:50 AM

102 posts, read 149,248 times

Advertisements

I find Southpoint to never be very crowded. I've seen multiple movies out there and I've had a good experience at all of them. With that said, I like the food at Crabtree better. I think the value restaurants are better, and I'm not big on Cheesecake Factory, Zinburger, and Maggianos since they are all overpriced. I wish the Southpoint area would get some more chains like Texas Roadhouse/Longhorn, Cheddars, Olive Garden, etc. I'm wondering what will go up in the HHGreg building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 08:51 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,360,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starboy2017 View Post
Wow I never thought of it that way the only things that usually pull me to the Malls are still Belk and JCPenney sometimes Sears but I feel Sears has less than 5 years left!
I prefer Belk, Macy's, and sometimes JCPenney. Macy's is currently restructuring and closing underperforming stores. Macy's previously operated as Hecht's in NC, and was formerly Rich's in SC and Georgia. Other former regional names were Lazarus, Kaufman's, Strawbridge's, Marshall Field, and Burdine's. It has been a challenge to merge the regional banners into a national Macy's brand, as some locations offered limited assortments and poorly managed stores. But I have been in some very nice Macy's stores in Atlanta and Columbus, Ohio which were previously Rich's and Lazarus under Federated. And some of the former Hecht's and Kaufman's stores were better managed under the May Co. but now they are struggling to rebrand as Macy's. But the worst decline has apparently been the more upscale Marshall Field division formerly in Chicago and the Midwest.

Meanwhile Charlotte based Belk seems to be fairing a bit better these days. New stores are opening, and others are being remodeled. A former Macy's in Kentucky just reopened as a new Belk, and a former Bon-Ton in Maryland will become Belk next year.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:55 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,360,005 times
And speaking of Charlotte, if you venture down there the SouthPark Mall is very nice. Featuring a flagship Belk, Macy's, Dillard's, Nordstrom, and Neiman Marcus.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:57 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,185,380 times
Usually Crabtree or North Hills. Southpoint is too far. I agree that the others barely qualify as malls.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:06 AM

1,141 posts, read 1,033,994 times
I find very little need to ever go to a mall so mostly its a wash.

With that said....if i NEED to go to a mall i actually prefer Triangle Town Center because of its ease. But if i WANT to go to a mall with a group of friends or whatever then of course it'll be crabtree or southpoint. But honestly North Hills over everything if you ask me. For the most part its a lot more upscale then i need but man is it just a nice place to be. That type of shopping is withouta doubt the future of retail over a traditional mall.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:06 AM

70 posts, read 96,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
lol you are some kind of anachronism especially in the age of amazon

i mostly go to southpoint for fast casual dining or to see a movie

crabtree doesn't even have a theater right?

also i find the outdoor element in southpoint critical to its appeal
Yes I am I still appreciate my Department Stores I like the sales from Sears rolling in. Yesterday I went to Holly Hill Mall and the Sales are just getting more widespread! I just the like the experience of the Mall but I feel soon Iĺl be on Amazon too lol.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:16 AM

586 posts, read 1,547,003 times
I prefer Crabtree over Southpoint because it is brighter and more open. However, I do prefer the parking at Southpoint. I always buy clothes in-store because I don't like ordering clothes only to discover that the color, fit etc is off then go through the hassle of returning them. As a middle-aged woman without model credentials, I have discovered Dress Barn gives me everything I want for work attire. My husband and 16 yo daughter prefer Southpoint.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:18 AM

3,649 posts, read 4,501,268 times
I prefer North Hills but of those listed, Southpoint.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:38 AM

1,836 posts, read 1,597,424 times
I like the ability to get in and out easily at Southpoint (except at Christmas) and they have some good offerings in their stores. But I do prefer the Belk at Crabtree - it just seems nicer with more items and brands.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:41 AM

70 posts, read 96,698 times
I remember about 2 or 3 years ago me and cousins built a Mall on Minecraft and then we got into an arguement over who got to own Belk and like I couldn't own Belk I exploded it with TNT it was funny but then I got grounded from my tablet for an hour
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary