Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 10:42 AM

563 posts, read 955,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
F me. Universal mask wearing...forever? This guy would have everyone locked in their homes forever if he had his way.
No one is saying that there should be universal masking forever. Right now the country is not at the point where enough people have been fully vaccinated that all common sense virus prevention measures can be dropped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2021, 11:07 AM

13,369 posts, read 27,026,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I was finally able to get an appointment for a drive thru in Sanford at the end of the month. Which is sooner than I expected.
There were also openings in Cumberland County (Fayetteville). Good luck with Sanford.

Last edited by goldenage1; 03-20-2021 at 12:05 PM..

Old 03-20-2021, 02:17 PM

19,433 posts, read 27,819,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
There were also openings in Cumberland County (Fayetteville). Good luck with Sanford.

I was able to snag one for Monday morning at the Walgreens 1 mile from my home. (After I get it, I'll do the right thing and cancel the one in Sanford.)

Persistence pays off.

Old 03-20-2021, 02:22 PM

5,880 posts, read 6,946,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
There were also openings in Cumberland County (Fayetteville).
Their web site still shows openings next week for the 2-dose options. They note specifically they do not have the J&J vaccine.

I was able to get my 1st dose today through Wake County. I just registered at the web site and got an email the next day with scheduling link.

Old 03-21-2021, 08:13 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,440,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieRTP View Post
No one is saying that there should be universal masking forever. Right now the country is not at the point where enough people have been fully vaccinated that all common sense virus prevention measures can be dropped.
Yes that is what Fauci said. Did you watch his interview? There are already countries in Europe talking about keeping the mask mandate for at least the next several years, and we have followed closely what they have done.

Old 03-21-2021, 08:36 AM

6,653 posts, read 5,586,911 times
Quote:
Yes that is what Fauci said. Did you watch his interview? There are already countries in Europe talking about keeping the mask mandate for at least the next several years, and we have followed closely what they have done.
People within the administration can say whatever they want but at the end of the day, the states will be the ones to force the issue and once people are vaccinated, there will be no patience to keep restrictions in place. Even places like Massachusetts and New York are loosening restrictions relatively rapidly.

Old 03-21-2021, 10:35 AM

563 posts, read 955,672 times
Quote:
Yes, I watched the clip that you shared and Dr. Fauci did not mention universal masking forever. Just to be clear, several years is not forever. Europe is having a much slower rollout of the vaccine that the US and there is a higher level of vaccine skepticism there than in the US. In addition, Europe is located much closer to Africa and Asia, where some countries do have not have enough vaccines under contract for their entire population.

Old 03-21-2021, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieRTP View Post
Yes, I watched the clip that you shared and Dr. Fauci did not mention universal masking forever. Just to be clear, several years is not forever. Europe is having a much slower rollout of the vaccine that the US and there is a higher level of vaccine skepticism there than in the US. In addition, Europe is located much closer to Africa and Asia, where some countries do have not have enough vaccines under contract for their entire population.
Fauci stated even with vaccines people still need to wear masks. It isn't any more clear than that.

In his world there is no balance.

Old 03-21-2021, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
People within the administration can say whatever they want but at the end of the day, the states will be the ones to force the issue and once people are vaccinated, there will be no patience to keep restrictions in place. Even places like Massachusetts and New York are loosening restrictions relatively rapidly.
Well NY is slowing opening up because their governor has been stripped of emergency powers and is under a massive investigation on several fronts from politicians on both sides of the aisle.

FWIW it's almost comical how restaurants complied with the "outdoor dining" mandate...they literally built decks and enclosed them in plastic and put heaters inside. I walk by a diner about once a week on the way to Subway and it always cracks me up.

Inside a plastic enclosed room - safe. Inside a drywall enclosed room - unsafe.

Such a joke...

Old 03-21-2021, 03:06 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,586,911 times
Quote:
FWIW it's almost comical how restaurants complied with the "outdoor dining" mandate...they literally built decks and enclosed them in plastic and put heaters inside. I walk by a diner about once a week on the way to Subway and it always cracks me up.

Inside a plastic enclosed room - safe. Inside a drywall enclosed room - unsafe.

Such a joke...
My favorite thing during COVID has been finding attempts to comply with health guidelines that are silly. Like during March Madness you see coaches wearing masks but they take them off every 2 seconds to yell at the refs or call out plays..........so what's the point of the mask??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary