Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2023, 07:13 AM

643 posts, read 349,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalypsoNotch View Post
Seriously. What is OP trying to do here? Not everything requires a lawyer. OP, instead of trying to play victim, focus your energy on finding a new job
I'm not trying. I AM the victim.

Old 05-16-2023, 07:23 AM

4,537 posts, read 3,741,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalypsoNotch View Post
Seriously. What is OP trying to do here? Not everything requires a lawyer. OP, instead of trying to play victim, focus your energy on finding a new job
It's okay, it's a shock for the OP. Time heals a lot of things, so having some time to cool down and looking as if this is not the "end of the world" and OP can get back to a routine.

Old 05-16-2023, 07:58 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Didn't OP just start this job in Feb or March? And wanted it primarily for the benefits including a pension?

Old 05-16-2023, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Didn't OP just start this job in Feb or March? And wanted it primarily for the benefits including a pension?
Yes. I just started in Jan. So they're pretty vicious and crazy.

Old 05-16-2023, 09:57 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Two months into a job and files a complaint against supervisor. "How to win friends and influence people".

Old 05-16-2023, 10:27 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
How much are you willing to pay per hour for an attorney? This kind of attorney does not work on contingency, they will charge you for every minute they work for you and that includes phone calls where you decide you are going to shoot the breeze for 15 minutes. That'll be $80, sir, keep talking.

I understand you're mad and hurt, but think this through.

As to your question as to why there are lawyers in this field, the answer is simple - lawyers get paid whether they win or lose. Even those TV lawyers who say you pay nothing unless we win, have fine print that says "except our expenses". And a lot of the time, winning means settling, because they make money when they win cases, not when YOU get what you want. And the boss who fired you? No skin off her back - the company will pay for her lawyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot002 View Post
That's why she's the single most nasty piece of **** I've ever seen in my entire life.
Perhaps a little harsh, but reality is harsh. I almost posted something that reached a similar conclusion.

It's not an attack at you, it's a commentary on how things (actually) are. If it's nasty, then it's actually accurate and rational. (NOTE they did not say ALL lawyers, just that many like described factually do exist.)

Old 05-16-2023, 10:34 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
No matter WHAT the situation, there is always two or more sides to the story.

I was married for 15+ years to a "vicious and crazy" woman. When we finally divorced I was angry and had many thoughts about her like you've expressed about your boss. It was MANY years later that I finally could accept that while she was still "vicious and crazy" (Verified by her own mother, daughter, sister and anyone else who knows her), I still had a role in this, simply by being present. It took me years to take a step back and evaluate how I could have handled a lot of things better. Doesn't make me wrong, doesn't make her right. Just that everyone involved had a role.

You'll benefit from understanding why you (not everyone else) were singled out and terminated after only a few months. Employee turnover is costly, they don't do it for the fun of it. You were part of the equation and I say this with a kind heart, you will benefit if you take an objective look at what your role was, and how you can do better next time.

Sorry, I'm sure you don't want to be hearing this now, but one day it will really help you, if you let it.

Old 05-16-2023, 10:35 AM

9,874 posts, read 14,112,458 times
Quote:
Or, perhaps, you just were not good at the job. It wasn't a good fit. Spend your energy looking for your next opportunity.

Old 05-16-2023, 12:27 PM

5,317 posts, read 3,204,475 times
OP, you indicate you were "wrongfully terminated" but haven't given any facts to why you specifically believe you were wrongfully terminated. From your posts here you've given:

No HR present - Irrelevant
Worst manager - Irrelevant
You were a FTE - I believe you weren't under contract, so no contract was broken
Filed a complaint about poor management - What, exactly, did it say? May end up hurting you depending on the contents

Not trying to rub salt in your wounds because it surely stinks to be fired. Anyone who is fired feels it's wrongful, that's human nature.

To stand up in court, you need to prove which laws or regulations were violated in your termination. North Carolina is an employment at will state. From the NCDOL: The term "employment-at-will" simply means that unless there is a specific law to protect employees or there is an employment contract providing otherwise, then an employer can treat its employees as it sees fit (including the assignment of demeaning tasks) and the employer can discharge an employee at the will of the employer for any reason or no reason at all. [NCDOL Website]

Unless you're in a protected class your time, money and energy would be better suited to finding gainful employment.

Good luck to you.

Old 05-16-2023, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
OP, you indicate you were "wrongfully terminated" but haven't given any facts to why you specifically believe you were wrongfully terminated. From your posts here you've given:

No HR present - Irrelevant
Worst manager - Irrelevant
You were a FTE - I believe you weren't under contract, so no contract was broken
Filed a complaint about poor management - What, exactly, did it say? May end up hurting you depending on the contents

Not trying to rub salt in your wounds because it surely stinks to be fired. Anyone who is fired feels it's wrongful, that's human nature.

To stand up in court, you need to prove which laws or regulations were violated in your termination. North Carolina is an employment at will state. From the NCDOL: The term "employment-at-will" simply means that unless there is a specific law to protect employees or there is an employment contract providing otherwise, then an employer can treat its employees as it sees fit (including the assignment of demeaning tasks) and the employer can discharge an employee at the will of the employer for any reason or no reason at all. [NCDOL Website]

Unless you're in a protected class your time, money and energy would be better suited to finding gainful employment.

Good luck to you.
I have citizenship so I can find a much better job with a much better pay rate now. In the meanwhile, I'm still seeking justice because such bull**** shouldn't be presenting in country like US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary