Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2023, 12:56 PM

5,316 posts, read 3,204,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot002 View Post
I have citizenship so I can find a much better job with a much better pay rate now. In the meanwhile, I'm still seeking justice because such bull**** shouldn't be presenting in country like US.
There's really no "justice" to be had here. I just read your thread in the unemployment forum which gives more context, as well as more responses from others.

Sometimes things happen and turn into life lessons. This is one. You can either learn from it or continue your efforts to fight a battle there is little to no chance in winning. The life lesson is - If you have a manager you don't like, move on. The company is not going to change an entire org chart because you don't like your manager. Now if there's an entire group going to HR, that may be a different story but it does not appear to be the case here.

You haven't really done anything except put in writing that you don't like your boss. To me, that could present itself like you're the difficult employee who has issues getting along with others or has issues with authority. If the manager has been with the company 10 years with no complaints, and you've been there 6 months and initiated a complaint, who do you think they're going to get rid of?

Old 05-16-2023, 12:59 PM

4,261 posts, read 4,706,148 times
BoSox 15 is correct on all points. To quote Jimmy Carter, life is not always fair.

Old 05-16-2023, 01:21 PM

643 posts, read 349,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
There's really no "justice" to be had here. I just read your thread in the unemployment forum which gives more context, as well as more responses from others.

Sometimes things happen and turn into life lessons. This is one. You can either learn from it or continue your efforts to fight a battle there is little to no chance in winning. The life lesson is - If you have a manager you don't like, move on. The company is not going to change an entire org chart because you don't like your manager. Now if there's an entire group going to HR, that may be a different story but it does not appear to be the case here.

You haven't really done anything except put in writing that you don't like your boss. To me, that could present itself like you're the difficult employee who has issues getting along with others or has issues with authority. If the manager has been with the company 10 years with no complaints, and you've been there 6 months and initiated a complaint, who do you think they're going to get rid of?

No, you're totally wrong. she's been an ******* in the company for a very long time. Everybody knows that. Many employees come and go in her group. Everybody knows that too. I'm just one of them. It's not that I don't like her, it's that she's not likable. Lots of complaints have been there. I just chose the wrong boss.

Old 05-16-2023, 02:56 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Quote:
I have citizenship so I can find a much better job with a much better pay rate now. In the meanwhile, I'm still seeking justice because such bull**** shouldn't be presenting in country like US.

EXCUSE ME?????? WTH does having citizenship have to do with getting better pay? I'd venture to guess that RTP has a ton of employees on H1B Visas or Green Cards are some of the highest paid employees at RTP.

Maybe it's dumb remarks like that one that caused you to get terminated. Or maybe they realized that you might be xenophobic. Hmmmm

Old 05-16-2023, 03:41 PM

643 posts, read 349,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
EXCUSE ME?????? WTH does having citizenship have to do with getting better pay? I'd venture to guess that RTP has a ton of employees on H1B Visas or Green Cards are some of the highest paid employees at RTP.

Maybe it's dumb remarks like that one that caused you to get terminated. Or maybe they realized that you might be xenophobic. Hmmmm
You have understanding problem, not me. I am just saying I have citizenship so I don’t need to worry about my identity and can go to find a much better job. Also millionaire and billionaire living in triangle are mostly native Americans.

Old 05-16-2023, 05:24 PM

1,322 posts, read 1,255,417 times
Did this job come with a probationary period? A lot of jobs have one for a few months (the job I have it's six months). If you were let go from the position within a probationary period, there is no recourse.

Old 05-16-2023, 07:55 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Last Thursday I was unfairly fired from my job. The manager told me to attend a meeting with the director. But in the meeting she terminated my contract only by herself. There's no HR present in the meeting. She took away my badge and laptop illegally. IMO this is an unfair firing and totally nonsense. She was the worst manager I've ever seen in my entire life and she wanted to cover her fault, so she chose the way to terminate my employment.

Could you help me with this situation and recommend a lawyer specialized in wrongful termination? Thanks in advance.
This is an at-will employment state and nothing you said here is hard evidence.

Old 05-16-2023, 07:56 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
You have understanding problem, not me. I am just saying I have citizenship so I don’t need to worry about my identity and can go to find a much better job. Also millionaire and billionaire living in triangle are mostly native Americans.
I don’t know any indigenous people here in the Triangle who are millionaires or billionaires. Do tell.

I’m sure some may exist, but the indigenous population in the Triangle area is super low.

Old 05-16-2023, 08:43 PM

2,151 posts, read 1,354,389 times
Quote:
Also millionaire and billionaire living in triangle are mostly native Americans.
No, they are not. Native Americans represent the smallest group of citizens with wealth in the eastern states.

Old 05-17-2023, 05:58 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post

Lots of H1B are paid well, but the terms of the program make it more difficult to change jobs as someone has to sponsor you and it has to be in a pretty limited amount of time.

And I assume they meant people who born here in the US.

To the OP, this sucks, but in the US and NC there are limited protections unless you are in some pretty specific protected classes. If truly policies of your previous employer were blatantly not followed, you might be able to open an internal case with HR, but no need for a lawyer, and the reality is they probably will not hire you back. In the absolute best case scenario they might be willing to give you a small amount of money and agree to not give a bad review, but even that is pretty unlikely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary