Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2024, 09:35 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,051,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Pens being so totally distracted by the trade that they let the Caps spank them 6-0 lqst night speaks volunes on their feelings about Guentzei.
I mean, it makes sense. It also sends the message loud and clear that management is officially punting on the season. In the long run, it's clearly the right move. Guentzel probably wasn't part of their long term plans and the team has virtually no chance to make the playoffs at this point, even with him.

As you mentioned as well, looks like another player coming in. Kuznetsov is more of a depth piece, but we can use that too. We definitely appear to be going for it this year. The good news is... things do seem to be coming together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2024, 09:57 AM

4,261 posts, read 4,706,148 times
Kuznetsov may not be putting up the numbers that he did earlier in his career, but take into consideration that for the last several years he's been playing on a mediocre team instead of a good one. He has plenty of playoff experience and, like Guentzel, he has his name on the Cup already. Knows what it takes to win it all and can say it in Russian, too.

Old 03-08-2024, 10:09 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
Kuznetsov may not be putting up the numbers that he did earlier in his career, but take into consideration that for the last several years he's been playing on a mediocre team instead of a good one. He has plenty of playoff experience and, like Guentzel, he has his name on the Cup already. Knows what it takes to win it all and can say it in Russian, too.
Agreed.
Good job to pick him up.

For the person, I truly hope Kuznetsov has a grip on his addiction demons.
If he does, the hockey will follow.

Old 03-08-2024, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Oh yeah, I love the pickup and didnt give up too much to get him. And gotta love the championship experience... something we have been short on.

Old 03-08-2024, 01:50 PM

I see Florida as taking a big step forward by acquiring Tarasensko and Okposo. Boston and NYR added depth but I wouldn't say they changed their teams to the extent that Florida and Carolina did. Not to disrespect the other teams, but I see those three as the major barriers for the Canes to get into the finals.

Old 03-08-2024, 01:58 PM

Quote:
I see Florida as taking a big step forward by acquiring Tarasensko and Okposo. Boston and NYR added depth but I wouldn't say they changed their teams to the extent that Florida and Carolina did. Not to disrespect the other teams, but I see those three as the major barriers for the Canes to get into the finals.
Yeah, I think a Florida vs Carolina rematch in the Eastern Conference Finals would be a good bet. Obviously Boston and NYR each have a reasonable shot to get there as well, but I like where Carolina and Florida are right now more.

Old 03-09-2024, 04:42 PM

8,803 posts, read 10,236,737 times
Hey fellow fans, I haven't posted here in over a week. Did anything interesting happen while I was gone?

Old 03-09-2024, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Hey fellow fans, I haven't posted here in over a week. Did anything interesting happen while I was gone?

Sid Crosby shed a tear.

Old 03-11-2024, 05:46 AM

Fun game last night.
Couple lovely goals as the Canes spanked the Flames backup goalie.

Old 03-11-2024, 06:38 AM

Calgary had to play Florida and Carolina on the road back-to-back, and their Saturday game was later than the Canes-Devils game. Without Lindholm, Hanifin, and Tanev, Calgary isn't the same team. Tough position to be in. Still, you can't let an opponent of the hook in a situation like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary