Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2024, 10:12 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Loud View Post
I'd say mission accomplished big time. Slight lapse in defense allowed the Hawks to start to have hope, but over all dominated the game.
3rd game in 4 days, and a delayed flight home from Vegas got them in at dinnertime Sunday evening.
I bet two days off looks pretty good right now. I thought they looked a mite peaked as the Hawks made their run at them.

On another front, Don Waddell says he isn't looking for a goalie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2024, 01:00 PM

4,261 posts, read 4,706,148 times
Canes are now 9th in goals scored per game and 9th in goals given up per game. That may be good enough to win the Cup, but let's see if the roster is strengthened somehow. I'd like to see a sniper join the team.

Old 02-22-2024, 08:54 PM

Kochetkov, 44 saves for his 7th career shutout.
AND, hustling to get into the post game scrum.
Entertaining 1-0 game, for sure.

Old 02-23-2024, 06:46 AM

We also have tix for the March 14 rematch with the Panthers.

Here's how the Florida crew called it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqaZfuy2vA0

Old 02-23-2024, 03:27 PM

8,803 posts, read 10,236,737 times
Exciting win!

Old 02-25-2024, 05:42 AM

120 minutes of hockey against two top-tier teams. 2 goals. Sounds familiar. Let's see what happens by the trade deadline.

Old 02-25-2024, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
120 minutes of hockey against two top-tier teams. 2 goals. Sounds familiar. Let's see what happens by the trade deadline.
And, those two top tier teams' goal total in those games? Two. 2.
Add in the game in Vegas, and that is three games and three goals by top tier opposition.

But, yeah. I sure wouldn't be disappointed if Don could pick up a solid scorer. I just don't know who or for what cost.

I'm also hoping that Pyotr isn't just on a bit of a run, but who knows?

Old 02-29-2024, 09:06 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,051,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
And, those two top tier teams' goal total in those games? Two. 2.
Add in the game in Vegas, and that is three games and three goals by top tier opposition.

But, yeah. I sure wouldn't be disappointed if Don could pick up a solid scorer. I just don't know who or for what cost.

I'm also hoping that Pyotr isn't just on a bit of a run, but who knows?
With Goalies, outside of the best of the best, being on "a bit of a run" is about what you get. Goalies are pretty much a crapshoot. A guy can be mediocre or even downright awful for years and then randomly put together a Vezina Trophy type season. And I think that's part of why the team treats Goalies the way they do. Sometimes those runs last only a few games... sometimes most of a season... sometimes even multiple seasons.... and then... POOF, .890 save percentage.

Even Sergei Bobrovsky (who Philadelphia gave up on) started rough. He ended up winning two Vezina Trophies... and even he has a couple mediocre years mixed in. Hopefully Pyotr can put it together though and give the Canes a few really good years.

As for this year.... I'm not sure how much I want this roster messed with. Sure, maybe pick up a scorer but right now the Canes sit at #12 in scoring while sitting at #7 in goals against per game (and that includes that absolutely awful start of the season).

Old 02-29-2024, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
With Goalies, outside of the best of the best, being on "a bit of a run" is about what you get. Goalies are pretty much a crapshoot. A guy can be mediocre or even downright awful for years and then randomly put together a Vezina Trophy type season. And I think that's part of why the team treats Goalies the way they do. Sometimes those runs last only a few games... sometimes most of a season... sometimes even multiple seasons.... and then... POOF, .890 save percentage.

Even Sergei Bobrovsky (who Philadelphia gave up on) started rough. He ended up winning two Vezina Trophies... and even he has a couple mediocre years mixed in. Hopefully Pyotr can put it together though and give the Canes a few really good years.

As for this year.... I'm not sure how much I want this roster messed with. Sure, maybe pick up a scorer but right now the Canes sit at #12 in scoring while sitting at #7 in goals against per game (and that includes that absolutely awful start of the season).
The team is built on guys who are willing to play the 200 foot game. Giving up players for a rental that doesn't play 200 feet would likely be unwise.

Old 02-29-2024, 09:34 AM

To this point, Cam Ward wasn't that great in the 2005-06 regular season. He was a rookie, of course, but his save percentage for the regular season was only .882. But in the playoffs...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary