Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 06:26 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,345,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Good moonshine and automatic weapons!

I was thinking more like the bar in Star Wars and the drink that Eddie drank in the movie Vegas Vacation! Now that's living!

I also thought a good spring meeting place would be on the Dam at Falls Lake so we can have a good Dam Meet-up with lot of Dam good conversation! Dam drinks would be optional and there is even a spillway if the crowd got to Dam large! Sorry had this one backed-up for awhile!

Old 01-08-2009, 06:54 AM

43,315 posts, read 77,165,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdrive View Post
I was thinking more like the bar in Star Wars and the drink that Eddie drank in the movie Vegas Vacation! Now that's living!

I also thought a good spring meeting place would be on the Dam at Falls Lake so we can have a good Dam Meet-up with lot of Dam good conversation! Dam drinks would be optional and there is even a spillway if the crowd got to Dam large! Sorry had this one backed-up for awhile!

It just don't get any better than this, folks!

Old 01-09-2009, 05:19 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,295,927 times
Folks, I'm still looking into locations. The Pit is not Open on Sundays so that wouln't work. 42nd Street is very nice, but I don't think it would work for this sort of meet-up (there set-up for a group is more oriented towards a sit down meal type atmosphere). I will continue to look into places downtown and inside the beltline.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:32 AM

115 posts, read 381,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
The Pit is not Open on Sundays so that wouln't work.
Bummer!

Old 01-09-2009, 04:53 PM

1,190 posts, read 4,050,694 times
Default reply

NRG- Raleigh Times, The new, relocated Jibarra, The PR, Village Draft House, Hard Times may fit the bill. I like all of these places.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:01 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,151,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletupelo View Post
NRG- Raleigh Times, The new, relocated Jibarra, The PR, Village Draft House, Hard Times may fit the bill. I like all of these places.
I was thinking about the relocated Jibarra too; they just re-opened and might be keen to get the business. I have no idea what the space is like, though.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletupelo View Post

Thanks Uncletupelo....Those are great suggestions and I will check them out. I think one of those may be the perfect spot.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:39 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,608,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
I think that NRG may have been suggesting this place "tongue in cheek". The Boylan Street Brewery has been "almost" open for what seems like years now
Well whaddya know. I received this email from a fellow beer-lover today regarding the Boylan Street Brewery. Sounds like they are getting close. . .

"In case you haven't read the article in the Independent, The Boylan Bridge Brewpub is soon to make its debut. I've been driving past there on and off for quite some time, and I decided to check it out. The location near the Boylan Ave. Bridge has probably THE BEST view of downtown anywhere in the city. I found the door unlocked, went in and hollered ANYBODY HOME? Shortly the chef wandered up, and then the owner, Andrew Leager who showed me the place, including his 7 barrel stainless brew system. Turns out, he's been a home brewer for about 10 years. He's an architect and owns Special Projects, a cabinet business downstairs in the building. I sat at the beautiful new bar, and we had a good chat, and I sampled about 5 of their tasty beers, which are all ready to go. Their menu will feature a special every night, and bar food besides. There will be no music and no television (Hooray!) His vision is to create a space where people will come and eat good food, drink great beer, and chat, solve the world's problems, etc. He expects to be open in the next couple of weeks. I am definitely looking forward to this one!"

Old 01-12-2009, 07:23 AM

Thumbs up ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Well whaddya know. I received this email from a fellow beer-lover today regarding the Boylan Street Brewery. Sounds like they are getting close. . .
^^Good to hear. I'm looking forward to checking that place out. I'm scouting a few other locations this week for the February 8th meetup. I hope to have the location picked out by the end of the week. Keep it penciled in on your calendars.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:25 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,151,623 times
If the Boylan Street Brewery hasn't actually opened their doors yet then they've missed an opportunity, 'cause the Independent gave them some good press this week: Craft beers embraced, encouraged in the Triangle: New brews debut: Food: Beer Hopping: Independent Weekly: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill

Re: my earlier comment about Jibarra. They were open Sunday in the old location. However, since I posted I got an e-mail from them that says they are currently only open for Lunch and Brunch because they don't have their liquor license yet. I have no idea how long that will take, so they may not be an option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary