Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 07:57 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
It sounds like 12 gauge shotguns being fired .
Hmmm does the OP know that? Turkey shoots are legal and at this time of the year great target practice that is right on the season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak View Post
Exactly. I heard it at night too. Definitely gunshots and clearly quite proximate.
Do you ever read news or police reports about anyone being shot? This is North Carolina and a lot I mean a lot of people have guns legally.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:36 AM

60 posts, read 118,641 times
This is hunting season and Southpoint is very close to lots of woods that have been home to hunters for years. So I suspect the gunshots that you heard were from deer hunters rather than gangs.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnhayes View Post
This is hunting season and Southpoint is very close to lots of woods that have been home to hunters for years. So I suspect the gunshots that you heard were from deer hunters rather than gangs.
NO, please say it ain't so. You mean this is a meaningless Durham bashing thread after all?

Old 11-22-2009, 11:50 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ Public View Post
I really enjoy the Southpoint area of Durham. You just have to be smart. I don't think I've seen any stories of shoppers or residents of that area become victims of violent crimes at SouthPoint.
I shop at Southpoint and don't feel unsafe, at all.

However, there HAVE been crimes at the movie theater and in the mall, which is why you see so much police inside the mall. That is ok too...makes me feel safer!

Vicki

Old 11-22-2009, 03:26 PM

70 posts, read 324,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnhayes View Post
I don't think anyone was hunting late at night.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:00 PM

181 posts, read 338,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak View Post
I don't think anyone was hunting late at night.
Night hunting. (Google it) Why would you think it is not possible?

Old 11-22-2009, 04:33 PM

842 posts, read 2,587,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
I expect two sets of gunshots in a week does qualify as one of Durham's nicest neighborhoods. Face it the place is a pit...losing ground every day.

lln
I guess there are no gunshots in the Holy County of Wake eh?

Oops, I am sorry ... I could have sworn someone posted the same thing about a neighborhood in Wake County earlier in the week ... Douh . Oh shame on you Jamerican, after all these things only happen in this PIT of place that provides lots of high paying jobs for many of the "Wake Nation" folks ... my bad, I hope was not being too sensitive to fact that the place where I live is being referred to as a pit, because someone heard an alleged gunshot or two. Hmm .... as someone said the other day - This is the South!

Old 11-22-2009, 04:51 PM

There is a difference between shooting a gun and shooting a gun at someone. Has any one linked a source about someone being shot in the SouthPoint area recently? Transplants this is North Carolina. Are your neighbors ex military? Wanna bet they have guns? Hunters? Betcha guns. Collectors? There you go again.

Old 11-22-2009, 05:21 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerican View Post
I guess there are no gunshots in the Holy County of Wake eh?

Oops, I am sorry ... I could have sworn someone posted the same thing about a neighborhood in Wake County earlier in the week ... Douh . Oh shame on you Jamerican, after all these things only happen in this PIT of place that provides lots of high paying jobs for many of the "Wake Nation" folks ... my bad, I hope was not being too sensitive to fact that the place where I live is being referred to as a pit, because someone heard an alleged gunshot or two. Hmm .... as someone said the other day - This is the South!
I don't think it is necessary to pick on Raleigh just because someone brought up Durham. Let's pick on Cary!!!

No one gets shot in Cary unless it is by their spouse.

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary