Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 09:48 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,086,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyAussie View Post
Do you really think that more people are moving into Wake Forest than Cary right now?
Growth rate as a percentage of the base population of each town, yes. Isn’t that what the Gadberry information indicates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 09:55 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,991,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Growth rate as a percentage of the base population of each town, yes. Isn’t that what the Gadberry information indicates?
That's quite an asterisk to add. "Growth rate as a percentage of the base population of each town" is some a retreat from "people are picking Wake Forest above all the other places around Raleigh to move to".

But if that's all you are really claiming, then have at it.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:15 AM

Default Panties in a bunch

What I claimed in my original post which I suggest you reread is that my associates and friends throughout the US are surprisingly aware of the heroic growth of Wake Forest, North Carolina. I attempted to offer my opinion as to why and even prefaced my statement by admitting that people move to the Raleigh area for various reasons outside the scope of my thread.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:42 AM

Look, you made an outlandish claim and I called you on it. That's all.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:00 AM

Talking Methinks thou dost protest too much

^ Hey I may have misstated that Wake Forest is gaining more population as an absolute when compared to Cary but that still doesn’t diminish the fact that the town is growing at a fevered pace. Just look at the Gadberry information or do you not want to address that. Hey I live in Wake Forest and I’m here to tell ya that this place has blown up when compared to how it used to be when I moved here in the spring of 2004. Howzabout we get back on track and discuss that for a while?

Old 02-22-2010, 12:06 PM

^ Fair enough.

Wake Forest is my favorite town in Wake County. Coming from a stint on Long Island, I love that village feel and I think Wake Forest comes closest to some of those great little towns on Long Island (eg. Roslyn, Northport, Babylon for those who are familiar). I also like downtown Apex and downtown Fuquay-Varina for similar reasons but I do think Wake Forest has a little more character. I love the feel of Cary also, but if it is lacking one thing it is an attractive central downtown area.

Really though, it's hard to go wrong in Wake County, all the towns have their pros and cons but they have more similiarities than differences. Family friendly, low crime, quality schools, reasonable cost of living, nice people - describes Wake Forest and pretty much all of Wake County!

Old 02-22-2010, 01:15 PM

42 posts, read 93,783 times
Quote:
^ Fair enough.

Wake Forest is my favorite town in Wake County. Coming from a stint on Long Island, I love that village feel and I think Wake Forest comes closest to some of those great little towns on Long Island (eg. Roslyn, Northport, Babylon for those who are familiar). I also like downtown Apex and downtown Fuquay-Varina for similar reasons but I do think Wake Forest has a little more character. I love the feel of Cary also, but if it is lacking one thing it is an attractive central downtown area.

Really though, it's hard to go wrong in Wake County, all the towns have their pros and cons but they have more similiarities than differences. Family friendly, low crime, quality schools, reasonable cost of living, nice people - describes Wake Forest and pretty much all of Wake County!
Thank you... I grew up in North Babylon and lived for a short-time in East Northport. So I'll be sure to put Wake Forest on my list of areas to check out when i come down next month to look for placed to relocate.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:32 PM

98 posts, read 131,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
I believe the real questions still remains as to why people are picking Wake Forest above all the other places around Raleigh to move to.
The answer is they are not, but more people are moving to WF than they were 10 years ago.

Quote:
I have the same train of thought. It is funny how people from town X like to crow about how much better it is than town Y, but in the end each town has its own character and they are all good for different and sometimes the same reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary