Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2013, 07:33 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Really, now, discretion is a component of common sense.

I took clients with a 5 and 6 year old to a house that had instructions and signage to remove shoes.
And the heat was off. The thermostat was pegged at below 55 and bare wood floors, and I said, "Shoes on. No one gets sick on my showing."
It is not uncommon to see pee stains and filth in houses with a request for shoes off.
Common sense and discretion says, "Eewww... Shoes on, or get back in the car."
Agreed. But those are not the reasons this person noted for not removing his shoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 07:36 AM

43,299 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Agreed. But those are not the reasons this person noted for not removing his shoes.
Actually, since cleanliness is judged very much in a subjective sense, it was.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Actually, since cleanliness is judged very much in a subjective sense, it was.
We will have to disagree on this one. I don't consider "If the home was mediocre and the floors just looked alright" to be anywhere near your examples. There is middle ground between pristine and pee stains.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:42 AM

43,299 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
We will have to disagree on this one. I don't consider "If the home was mediocre and the floors just looked alright" to be anywhere near your examples. There is middle ground between pristine and pee stains.
You disagree that cleanliness is judged subjectively?
OOOOOKKKKK.....

Old 10-24-2013, 07:47 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
Quote:
Really, now, discretion is a component of common sense.

I took clients with a 5 and 6 year old to a house that had instructions and signage to remove shoes.
And the heat was off. The thermostat was pegged at below 55 and bare wood floors, and I said, "Shoes on. No one gets sick on my showing."
It is not uncommon to see pee stains and filth in houses with a request for shoes off.
Common sense and discretion says, "Eewww... Shoes on, or get back in the car."
Ha ha ha! I showed a home that looked like it blood stains and pet stains on the carpet and the showing instructions asked for "shoes to be removed"!

Buyers and I looked at each other and said...no way!

My shoes were cleaner than those floors!

And...even though I had on sandals, I wasn't going to let my bare feet touch those floors!

Old 10-24-2013, 07:49 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Default Snacks for Kids During Home Viewing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kww View Post
I see no problem with it (as a buyers agent or listing agent)

I've yet to encounter a problem, from either side. whatever I can do to keep my buyers happy, Im all for it. I'll bring snacks or toys (if I know what my clients kids prefer/are allowed to).

I imagine the seller wants to sell. if it means a couple youngins run around, then so be it. If a seller/sellers listing agent requests/requires no children, then I'll abide by it.

* I preface this with the statement that, when in a situation/showing where young kids are present, I'll adjust my attention to them so that my buyers can focus on the home.

has seemed to work for everyone
And where do these kids eat the snacks? I hope not on the home owner's couch!

Old 10-24-2013, 07:51 AM

Quote:
You disagree that cleanliness is judged subjectively?
OOOOOKKKKK.....
Let's remember what we are discussing. My entire point with the person I was quoting was "common sense" in this regard is subjective. Yet he thinks his version is the right one and if you disagree you are rude or lack respect. I was simply pointing out that others (in this very thread) would find his actions lacking common sense and respect.

He has no issue with someone using a bathroom. Others find this disgusting and inappropriate.
He has a huge issue with someone sitting on his sofa or chairs. Others find it completely appropriate.

I'm just trying to help the guy out by letting him know not everyone is going to think like he does and he should be very specific about what he expects if he is selling.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:51 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
It isn't legal (due to Fair Housing laws) to have your showing instructions discriminate against children.

End of story!

Old 10-24-2013, 08:03 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

Would a buyer lay across by bed to get a "feel for the room". I would certainly hope not, what would you think of that?

We watch HGTV, we see these morons step in someones tub with thier shoes on, what moron does this? Everyone by now should know what it is like to be in a tub, there is no need what so ever to be standing in it.
I have seen buyers lay across a bed, even flop on it, on HGTV. I'm really surprised that that directors of the show don't edit that out. It shows how low class some of their buyers are.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I have seen buyers lay across a bed, even flop on it, on HGTV. I'm really surprised that that directors of the show don't edit that out. It shows how low class some of their buyers are.
They probably told them to do it in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate