Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2016, 05:24 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janster100 View Post
Lvmensch,

In post 14 she told the agent to ask for more time and she was told no. Further, we see that at some point the OP told the agent to leave. It is clear that the OP did not like what the agent had to say. Her comments alone show that she is in the wrong. You keep making assertions that the agent may not have said or done enough, yet you have no idea as to what the agent said or didn't say. Instead, the evidence presented here suggests the OP just didn't like what the agent had to say since it wasn't what she wanted.

In the end, the only real victims here are the buyers of the OP's house.
Post 14 in its entirety.

Quote:
Actually the realtor knew the day before that they were coming and I told she should contact them because my escrow didn't close yet. She said no. So I felt terrible that they would be coming to the house with a truck to move in and they couldn't that I went looking for them at 5 am before they could get started moving and left a note on their truck. If the realtor would have told me that day I could have hired movers and been out by the time they got their the next da
The no appears to be to the request to ask for more time. The passage indicates the seller was naive and did not get the message that she had to get out.

Where is it that the seller agreed she ordered the agent out? She states the agent alleged it but no where agrees it was true.

You can continue to dream up contrarian theories but the writing indicates a naive seller who was not well represented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 05:56 PM

564 posts, read 873,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Nonsense. The seller must provide marketable title to the buyer. Practically escrow may have the funds in escrow well before a close. No close until escrow has the documents needed for a marketable title.

And in some contracts closure does not occur until the new deed is recorded. Which can well be a day after all others things are complete.

Not in our market. Have not seen a single one in the last ten years and a couple of hundred transactions. Lots of delayed closings - perhaps 15% or so but no extended occupancy. I expect you may be dealing with a local custom.

You appear to lead a sheltered life. There are three distinct options here depending on the circumstance. You can simply set a specific date for occupancy in the contract. You can use an Occupancy after Close or you can use a lease. The circumstances dictate the close. Any of these overstayed will still require an eviction order to get the ox-seller out.

What was stated was that the agent declined to ask for a new extension. The nature of that refusal is not in the record. ;She obviously did not advice the client that it was time to leave.

It would appear I know somewhat more about RE than you.

And the seller's failure to properly vacate lies mostly at the feet of her agent that failed to properly explain the situation. Again I would note that if seller had wished to play hardball she could easily have stayed another couple of days.
Quote:
Post 14 in its entirety.

The no appears to be to the request to ask for more time. The passage indicates the seller was naive and did not get the message that she had to get out.

Where is it that the seller agreed she ordered the agent out? She states the agent alleged it but no where agrees it was true.

You can continue to dream up contrarian theories but the writing indicates a naive seller who was not well represented.

As even you pointed out, the agent said no. There is the answer. The OP brings up the agent response saying that she was told to leave. That also shows that the OP was getting feedback from her agent when she alleges that the agent wasn't communicating.

You seem to be as dense as the OP.

Keep in mind, we are only hearing from the OP and her words alone indicate she is wrong. Imagine what the agent has to say.

Old 07-17-2016, 06:23 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janster100 View Post
As even you pointed out, the agent said no. There is the answer. The OP brings up the agent response saying that she was told to leave. That also shows that the OP was getting feedback from her agent when she alleges that the agent wasn't communicating.

You seem to be as dense as the OP.

Keep in mind, we are only hearing from the OP and her words alone indicate she is wrong. Imagine what the agent has to say.
Why is reading comprehension a lost skill?

The agent said "No" she would not request another extension. So What?

Explain in rational language why that told the seller she needed to move immediately?

And don't get into a density competition...you are certain to lose.

Old 07-17-2016, 06:31 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,528,780 times
Ummmmm............. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but the OP left three days ago, somewhere around post #83, we're on post #194. Definitely beating a dead horse. I'm going to move on. Bye!

Old 07-17-2016, 06:53 PM

35,082 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
Didn't you understand that once you sold your house it was no longer "your" house? I simply don't understand why you didn't start packing sooner. Moving can be very difficult, but it's only made more stressful if you wait until the last minute...or after the last minute in your case.

I'm sorry for your troubles but it's difficult to have too much empathy, given the circumstances you've described.
I totally agree and will rep this post.

I was in a similar situation when I bought my house. I closed during July 1992. My mother-in-law and wife were at the house three days earlier and the ex-girlfriend of the former owner said she had "no where to go." I thus demanded that hte house be empty at the walk-through. Immediately after the closing I engaged a locksmith and changed the locks.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:16 PM

564 posts, read 873,565 times
Quote:
Why is reading comprehension a lost skill?
It appears to be for you.

It seems everyone but you and the OP don't get it.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:28 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,531,674 times
I have not read through pages & pages, but I do know that at close of escrow, the house is no longer yours, you need to be OUT, unless you have made a legal, contractual, exception.

When we sold our longtime home in SoCal & relocated to another state, part of our sales contract included the option to rent back our own home from the buyer for 30 days, because we knew there would be some kind of overlap & snafus with our out-of-state, faraway purchase...and there were. The buyer hated it, but we hated it more, because the "rent" we paid on our home of 20+ yrs. was far higher than our mortgage...but it wasn't "our" home any longer; and if we would have needed to stay longer...too bad, we would have been on the street.

Real estate is ruthless business, & realtors are ruthless business people, not your friends.

Old 07-17-2016, 08:03 PM

679 posts, read 812,653 times
I wouldn't have closed the sale if I didn't get immediate possession. You got 3 days to find somewhere else yet you didn't.

You are a treaspasser, and got treated as s much.

If I were your realtor, I wouldn't have anything to do with you anymore.

Sometimes, the more you do to help someone, the more entitled they feel.

Old 07-17-2016, 08:04 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,634,684 times
I'm not going to read past the first page but, I think some of being pretty nasty to this person. It happens every time. Instead of people confining the post to what the OP said, they start saying things about the OP's character, a person they do not even know except for the one post. A big stretch.

She said she was wrong. She obviously doesn't seem to be very saavy about these things but, she isn't an ogre. And, if she is moving into a retirement home, she may not be real young.

OP, I hope you enjoy your new digs and it goes well for you. A very unfortunate situation that could have been handled differently, all the way around.

eta: I just saw 5 pages of beat up......wow. Has everybody piled on ?

Old 07-17-2016, 08:08 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,634,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
Ummmmm............. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but the OP left three days ago, somewhere around post #83, we're on post #194. Definitely beating a dead horse. I'm going to move on. Bye!
LOL. I usually point these things out but it doesn't make any difference. Once my post got deleted because if was "off topic".......you can't fix you know what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate