Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2016, 08:55 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I'm not going to read past the first page but, I think some of being pretty nasty to this person. It happens every time. Instead of people confining the post to what the OP said, they start saying things about the OP's character, a person they do not even know except for the one post. A big stretch.*************
eta: I just saw 5 pages of beat up......wow. Has everybody piled on ?
I'm going to rep this post. This is a brave stand against the kind of piling-on and nastiness seen in texting and other threads. There are so many other examples of this which I will send privately on request.

Last edited by jbgusa; 07-17-2016 at 09:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 10:07 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,865,904 times
Ever heard of an outfit called PODS? They bring storage containers to your property so you can load them, then they take the POD to either a storage warehouse or the final destination. Very reasonable and great service when I used them. UHaul offers a similar service as do others.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:52 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
Ever heard of an outfit called PODS? They bring storage containers to your property so you can load them, then they take the POD to either a storage warehouse or the final destination. Very reasonable and great service when I used them. UHaul offers a similar service as do others.
Not the issue. She needed service on a couple of hours notice. PODS does not do that. More structured than most movers.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:08 AM

1,399 posts, read 1,799,476 times
Sorry to hear this happened. Sucks all around. When you are past all of this and down the road give us an update to let us know that everything worked out fine in the end.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:30 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaffin View Post
I know my temper tantrum didn't help but I couldn't believe I was being thrown out. All of my stuff was packed up in boxes ready to go. I told my agent I was sorry. I had already had a moving company out to my house for an estimate. The new buyers showed up at 2 pm and gave me 5 hours. My movers were busy and I grabbed what I could on Craigslist. Yes they owned the house but I just can't imagine throwing someone out on the streets. I would have paid them for a few more days to get my things out.

I think my realtor should have prepared me for what could happen. Then my new house she had the key put under a rock?
Does that sound professional?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I'm not going to read past the first page but, I think some of being pretty nasty to this person. It happens every time. Instead of people confining the post to what the OP said, they start saying things about the OP's character, a person they do not even know except for the one post. A big stretch.

She said she was wrong. She obviously doesn't seem to be very saavy about these things but, she isn't an ogre. And, if she is moving into a retirement home, she may not be real young.

OP, I hope you enjoy your new digs and it goes well for you. A very unfortunate situation that could have been handled differently, all the way around.

eta: I just saw 5 pages of beat up......wow. Has everybody piled on ?
You might have had a more informed opinion if you had. No one is beating up on the OP.

The OP brought all this house debacle on herself, and she still doesn't accept that her own "inaction" caused this, even her thread title dramatically blames the buyer.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:55 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,983,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Nonsense. The seller must provide marketable title to the buyer. Practically escrow may have the funds in escrow well before a close. No close until escrow has the documents needed for a marketable title.
Marketable title is a legal term. It means there are no clouds on title (liens, judgments, encroachments). An owner staying past the expiration of the Occupancy after Closing agreement does not affect marketable title. It's closed when money changes hands means the owner has received payment for the home. Not that the money is being held in escrow.

You do a great job of making yourself sound like you know what you're talking about by throwing some terminology around but to anyone with actual knowledge it's evident you only half informed. I'm not e iven going to bother getting into the rest because it's just going to be a waste of my time.

That's the problem with real estate-everyone thinks they are an expert.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:17 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaffin View Post
Excuse my ignorance I guess. I just can't imagine throwing someone out on the street and my realtor should have told me they can do that. I would never do that to anyone. I am in my new house and the owners haven't even moved into their new house yet. It was there's and they weren't nice about asking me to leave. The son and the dad came into the house screaming at me. There was no need to treat me like that I had no idea this was going to happen. I don't think either of them would have wanted their wives spoken to the way they treated me. I have never been so disrespected in all my life. I told my realtor I didn't want to see her again when 15 minutes after they were yelling at me she still hadn't said anything to anyone. She knew this was going to happen. Why else was she there? She knew it was going to happen and she should have prepared me for it. She isn't just my realtor. We have been friends for many years. She should have told me what could happen.
I wouldn't have been either. If it was a home that I bought and paid for, I'd expect to move in immediately. They may have already moved out of THEIR home, and would have been "on the street".

If I were the buyer, I'd also be worried that this would start to be a pattern: delay, delay, delay, and they'd never get you out. You're lucky they gave you 5 hours. I would have been inside, grabbing boxes, and tossing them out on to the lawn.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:55 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,605,751 times
You sold the house meaning it was not your house anymore. You got a three day extension to move and still couldn't get it done. It sound like a YOU problem.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:57 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,884,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I wouldn't have been either. If it was a home that I bought and paid for, I'd expect to move in immediately. They may have already moved out of THEIR home, and would have been "on the street".

If I were the buyer, I'd also be worried that this would start to be a pattern: delay, delay, delay, and they'd never get you out. You're lucky they gave you 5 hours. I would have been inside, grabbing boxes, and tossing them out on to the lawn
Me too. I would have been terrified that after buying the house we would have to go through a long and expensive eviction process. I would have been livid!

Old 07-18-2016, 09:59 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,605,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Me too. I would have been terrified that after buying the house we would have to go through a long and expensive eviction process. I would have been livid!
I agree. This person would probably still be living rent free in a house they did not own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate