Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 05:36 PM

12,854 posts, read 9,071,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You are right. He didn't. But, if they bother him and his spouse already, imagine how they are likely to bother him once they move in.

If that little bit bothered them, then there is no neighborhood that will make them happy. They will be the neighbor from hell themselves complaining about every little thing that anyone else does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 08:02 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,267,497 times
Also our appraisal is tomorrow...as well as rain in the forecast. Would something like that pile of wet trash/cardboard affect an appraiser's opinion?

Old 08-01-2016, 09:31 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Also our appraisal is tomorrow...as well as rain in the forecast. Would something like that pile of wet trash/cardboard affect an appraiser's opinion?
I don't know the answer to that question. If you are really concerned, go knock on their door and ask them to move them.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:34 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
If that little bit bothered them, then there is no neighborhood that will make them happy. They will be the neighbor from hell themselves complaining about every little thing that anyone else does.
That's rather harsh. I wouldn't like the stuff the OP is describing, and I've never complained to an HOA or gotten into any sort of neighborhood feud. I just like being civil and people following the guidelines. Fortunately, they have in pretty much all the places I've lived. I'm flexible, but I don't want anyone's kids riding bikes in my yard, loud dogs barking at all hours, or farm animals in places where they are not supposed to be.

I like chickens, but if my neighborhood did not allow them, I really wouldn't want neighbors who had them, because who knows what other rules everyone else will start to ignore once a few people turn a blind eye on some of the rules? If people don't wanna agree to CCRs or HOA guidelines, they need to live in places that really don't have any of those things.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:00 PM

509 posts, read 555,229 times
People respond best when they are treated with respect.
Rather than trash your neighbors online, how about go meet them?
Bring a welcome basket and offer to help dispose of their cardboard

Old 08-02-2016, 06:57 AM

19,446 posts, read 27,860,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
OP, I hope you do get a chance to meet them on one of your nightly walks, introduce yourself, find out about them, where they came from, what they do, etc, then ask, "What are you going to do with all the boxes? Can we take a couple?"

They may say that they are going to put them on craigslist, give them to another mover, or maybe they are going to store them in the garage somewhere once they make room. Or some trash companies require scheduling a bulk pickup, for a fee, and maybe they are planning on scheduling one big pickup as soon as all the boxes are emptied.

Or, maybe they are planning a big bonfire - does your CCR's allow those?
Finalky - a common sense answer. I'd actually walk up to the front door and knock.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:22 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,893,771 times
If they used a moving company they have to wait until they have all the boxes unpacked because the moving company will only do one pick up.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:27 AM

17,311 posts, read 12,267,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Finalky - a common sense answer. I'd actually walk up to the front door and knock.
They don't seem to be living there full time yet. Of all the times we've been over there at various times of day we only encountered them once...as they were leaving in their car. Waved to them to try to initiate but they just drove off.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:41 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,634,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linerin View Post
People respond best when they are treated with respect.
Rather than trash your neighbors online, how about go meet them?
Bring a welcome basket and offer to help dispose of their cardboard
Nah....it's much easier to complain online. Why actually speak to someone in person? The OP doesn't even own the house yet and is already being the annoying neighbor.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:42 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,634,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
They don't seem to be living there full time yet. Of all the times we've been over there at various times of day we only encountered them once...as they were leaving in their car. Waved to them to try to initiate but they just drove off.
If it's during the day, the might have jobs. They're still probably in transition. Moving can take a few weeks for some folks depending on how far they're moving. It doesn't happen overnight for most people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate