Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 10:54 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,995,719 times

Advertisements

Maybe go back over in a week after they've settled in and see? Sounds like a typical moving day overall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 10:55 AM

17,311 posts, read 12,267,497 times
Only thing that would be at risk is the $2500 in earnest money depending on timing. Appraisal and inspection haven't happened yet. But I would give that up in a heartbeat if it meant avoiding a bad living situation for years.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:02 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,499,657 times
It's possible that big dog will be very quiet once he/she settles into the new surroundings.

Maybe it's an indoor dog but they locked it in the yard because it was moving day and the doors were open. Besides, it's the very first day and it takes pets some days to get adjusted to the new surroundings.

The kids are probably inside surfing the internet most days. You just caught them on moving day before they settled into a normal daily routine. Often the kids will be gone visiting friends or doing extracurricular activities after school. In another few weeks school will be starting. Before long the 13 year old will be driving and then you'll only see him/her come and go in his/her car several times per day.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:19 AM

Yeah, it was moving day. But I think there's something fundamentally different about someone who stacks trash bags, cardboard boxes, and a pet carrier outside next to the house rather than keeping it in the garage or otherwise out of sight...as the CC&Rs they just signed stipulate. We went back and they've just added to that pile in the narrow space between our houses.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:25 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Only thing that would be at risk is the $2500 in earnest money depending on timing. Appraisal and inspection haven't happened yet. But I would give that up in a heartbeat if it meant avoiding a bad living situation for years.
Go back a few more times. But losing $2,500 would be worth it to me to avoid neighbors with a loud dog they just shout at and kids riding bikes over newly sodded lawn.

See if they dispose of the debris promptly. If not, you will probably be in an endless fuss with the HOA to do something about your neighbors. Who needs that?

Perhaps the builder has another home in a quieter location.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:33 AM

26,194 posts, read 21,605,372 times
Quote:
Yeah, it was moving day. But I think there's something fundamentally different about someone who stacks trash bags, cardboard boxes, and a pet carrier outside next to the house rather than keeping it in the garage or otherwise out of sight...as the CC&Rs they just signed stipulate. We went back and they've just added to that pile in the narrow space between our houses.

I'd be more concerned if I was your neighbor and read this. I'd probably give you 2500 to back out

Old 07-29-2016, 11:43 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Take this as a sign that they will do it again at some point, if not regularly. I'm with you. 2500 dollars isn't much to lose if you're going to be unhappy with the neighbors.

Old 07-29-2016, 12:18 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,698,390 times
Please realize the neighbors come and go...

Unless you can afford a private gated estate with all that entails having a family compound the issues of neighbors will almost certainly reoccur...

Old 07-29-2016, 12:28 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,381,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
If you don't like kids in the neighborhood you need to find a 55 and over community that does not allow them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Can anybody show me where they got the idea that the OP qualifies to live in a 55+ community?

Assumptions run wild. . .
Some 55+ neighborhoods actually do allow younger child-free people to purchase homes. Also, living in one is not a guarantee of no children. Grandparents in these communities can and do host young family members during school breaks, and sometimes most of the summer. I think the limit in my parents' neighborhood was six weeks per year.

Back on topic, buying a house is always a crap shoot when it comes to neighbors, and it's even more risky with new construction. That said, I think the OP is over-reacting big time.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
I'd be more concerned if I was your neighbor and read this. I'd probably give you 2500 to back out
We have virtually no impact on neighbors. Only ever really outside the house to cut the grass or wash the car. Not the type to actually file a complaint with the city or anything to rat someone out. Would just be a stressor and worry about inpact of potentially junky neighbors on resale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate