Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2018, 04:04 PM

14,494 posts, read 12,128,212 times

Advertisements

I am not sure I'd describe my current state as "relaxed". I actually spend much of my life worried to half way to death about people and circumstances I often can't control, but that doesn't keep me from getting an ulcer trying! Today I would describe my mental state as "anxious" but it beats "panicky twitching" that I was close to a day or two ago. We're getting better... we have a deal now. Now the work begins. It will be a complicated one.

JB...I do a lot more for my clients than your little list up there. If all I ever did was the things you list, I would have free time, probably sleep at night.

I know you are consumed with unhappiness about the real estate industry... but I can't help that. I just do the best for my clients, and most of them think we provide a pretty good value.

I don't worry so much about my clients being flakes... It's much more often other people who aren't even a party to the contract, an appraisal scheduler, or loan officer, or some neighbor down the road who won't sign the road maintenance agreement, whom our lives and livelihoods depend... And that's where my clients appreciate me. Because I fight those battles and smooth those wrinkles for them... so they can keep their day jobs. Client even said that to me the other day. "We pay you to worry for us, we're not worried at all." That makes me happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 06:52 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,118,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I hate to break your heart, but successful agents get paid more than engineers.
I agree, but not because people want to pay them that its because they have a corner on the market and buyers use agents because its not their money. If it ever went to a pay by the hour situation I guarantee that would not be the case.

Old 01-25-2018, 07:01 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
At this point, I'm not even sure YOU know what you're saying. It's clear your knowledge is poor, and most points that are made by agents are ignored or go over your head.

also, the top 3 criminal attorneys (life and death) probably make as much as the top 3 Realtors in a decent-sized city, but not beyond the top 3. And they get their cash upfront. Oops - convicted? Sorry!

Old 01-26-2018, 05:08 AM

774 posts, read 1,779,245 times
Quote:
At this point, I'm not even sure YOU know what you're saying. It's clear your knowledge is poor, and most points that are made by agents are ignored or go over your head.

also, the top 3 criminal attorneys (life and death) probably make as much as the top 3 Realtors in a decent-sized city, but not beyond the top 3. And they get their cash upfront. Oops - convicted? Sorry!
lawyer training : 4 + 3 years

realtor training: 3 weeks

Old 01-26-2018, 05:20 AM

43,309 posts, read 77,142,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max.b View Post

Untrue and no clue.
You should pick better attorneys and better real estate agents.

Old 01-26-2018, 06:21 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,991,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max.b View Post

Ha, go ask successful agents how much training they have and let me know frequently you get 3 weeks as an answer. It takes 3 weeks to get a license from the state that says a person is qualified to help someone buy or sell real estate. The training goes way beyond that. In SC that training period or apprenticeship period is 3 years as defined by the state. That's how long the agent must be supervised by a broker before they can practice on their own.

Old 01-26-2018, 06:27 AM

Thumbs up My Cousin Vinny's Twin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Ha, go ask successful agents how much training they have and let me know frequently you get 3 weeks as an answer. It takes 3 weeks to get a license from the state that says a person is qualified to help someone buy or sell real estate. The training goes way beyond that. In SC that training period or apprenticeship period is 3 years as defined by the state. That's how long the agent must be supervised by a broker before they can practice on their own.
And, I sure want that attorney with 4 years of Poly-Sci and 3 years of law school to handle my wrongly-accused murder defense...
Because he is "Trained" and even passed the bar exam.

LOL and and

Old 01-26-2018, 07:13 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
at a minimum, it's

4 + 3 + pass the bar in that state

in NC, you're looking at 6.5 weeks of 3 days/week + pass class test + pass state test (with about a 30% failure rate) + 2 more weeks for post-licensing

and neither has to do with what you get paid.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:27 AM

Quote:
at a minimum, it's

4 + 3 + pass the bar in that state

in NC, you're looking at 6.5 weeks of 3 days/week + pass class test + pass state test (with about a 30% failure rate) + 2 more weeks for post-licensing

and neither has to do with what you get paid.
...and neither is actually "training." Real training starts when you attain basic educational qualification to be trained.

Old 01-26-2018, 08:18 AM

774 posts, read 1,779,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Untrue and no clue.
You should pick better attorneys and better real estate agents.
I didn't say that I'd hire an attorney with no experience, but somebody will.

These timelines are what it takes a high school graduate to get to the point where they get paid for their time (assuming they pass some licensing exams)

As should be obvious to anyone, there is a vast gulf between the education required to be a lawyer and one that's needed to be a realtor.

(BTW, since your job is literally a salesman, I must say I'm unimpressed with your social skills)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate