Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2019, 01:56 PM

13,707 posts, read 7,984,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
All depends on the State in which the transaction takes place. I've dealt with two: Cal and AZ.

The number of pages in the Cal. contract was over 100 and the number of pages both the seller and I had to initial/signed were far more than I recall.

My RE agent stated in the contract the property I was selling was under the Ellis Act restrictions. However, my attorney later advised it best to add a letter spelling out those restrictions.

The inspection report along with other pertinent documents were provided to the buyers agent before the contract was signed. All papers were later initial/signed by both parties except the inspection report which showed 40 grand in repairs were needed. .

Now, I liked my agent. He brought me buyers off market and got me asking price. However it was my own due diligence which got me the docs I needed. To close the deal without the inspection report having been signed off on would have been have been a major mistake.

Why wouldn't my agent make it clear having the buyer sign off on the inspection report was important especially in this deal?

Why did I have to repeatedly ask for a copy initialed by seller?. This was all done by docusign. Takes no time to sign/return. All my agent told me was the sellers agent was waiting on the buyers to return it.

No, best to get the deal closed and both agents go home a winner.

Three months later if the seller gets sued that's his problem.

Both the buyer and I...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2019, 02:55 PM

45 posts, read 39,535 times
UPDATED:
The seller finally signed th release contract and take the deposit to move on. They need my signature. Now i don't know what is hidden because they already schedule mediation and their house is still on market. Oh well, i asked my agent and he said once i sign, i only lose my deposit. Nothing else. I guess they're just bluffing. I will review the form tonight to make sure there is no hidden "cost" but thank you to all of you. Your inputs helped me a lot.

Old 07-08-2019, 03:02 PM

14,469 posts, read 12,095,136 times
Have you asked a lawyer whether you actually have to give back your deposit?

Old 07-08-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Have you asked a lawyer whether you actually have to give back your deposit?
Yes I did. He gave me many resolution but to get back my deposit is a longer process so from the beginning I decided to forfeit it. Like I said, it is the seller wants more money from me beside the deposit. so I kept fighting.

Old 07-08-2019, 05:47 PM

For clarification the below has been posted again:

All depends on the State in which the transaction takes place. I've dealt with two: Cal and AZ.

The number of pages in the Cal. contract was over 100 and the number of pages both the seller and I had to initial/signed were far more than I recall.

My RE agent stated in the contract the property I was selling was under the Ellis Act restrictions. However, my attorney later advised it best to add a letter spelling out those restrictions.

The inspection report along with other pertinent documents were provided to the buyers agent before the contract was signed. All papers were later initial/signed by both parties except the inspection report which showed 40 grand in repairs were needed. .

Now, I liked my agent. He brought me buyers off market and got me asking price. However it was my own due diligence which got me the docs I needed. To close the deal without the inspection report having been signed off on would have been have been a major mistake.

Why wouldn't my agent make it clear having the buyer sign off on the inspection report was important especially in this deal?

Why did I have to repeatedly ask for a copy initialed by the buyer? This was all done by docusign. Takes no time to sign/return. All my agent said was the buyers agent was waiting on his client to return it.

Old 07-08-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stxhomebuyer View Post
Yes I did. He gave me many resolution but to get back my deposit is a longer process so from the beginning I decided to forfeit it. Like I said, it is the seller wants more money from me beside the deposit. so I kept fighting.
If you had already spoken with an attorney and decided to forfeit your deposit why the mediation hearing?

Old 07-08-2019, 05:57 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,341,981 times
Quote:
For clarification the below has been posted again:

Why did I have to repeatedly ask for a copy initialed by the buyer? This was all done by docusign. Takes no time to sign/return. All my agent said was the buyers agent was waiting on his client to return it.

Please. The CALIFORNIA RESIDENTIAL PURCHASE AGREEMENT AND JOINT ESCROW INSTRUCTIONS is 8 pages and the attached BUYER'S INSPECTION ADVISORY is 2 pages. It actually is smaller than the NV one though very similar.

YOu can get one at...

https://www.fillanypdf.com/Download/..._agreement.pdf

Old 07-08-2019, 06:14 PM

Quote:
If you had already spoken with an attorney and decided to forfeit your deposit why the mediation hearing?
The seller wants more than deposit. I refused. So they want us to go to a mediation. But if we sign this release form. It will be also canceled

Old 07-08-2019, 06:22 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,314,747 times
Quote:
The seller wants more than deposit. I refused. So they want us to go to a mediation. But if we sign this release form. It will be also canceled
Did you get that in writing?

Old 07-08-2019, 06:32 PM

403 posts, read 272,876 times
Quote:
You forfeited your earnest money over a drywall repair?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate