Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2019, 09:06 PM

45 posts, read 39,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
So, now you're saying there were more things the seller agree to which which weren't done outside the house?

Such as?

I'll be the first to say your RE agent might well have been just interested in getting this deal done and collecting a check.

However, your story doesn't add up.
I never said they did not do it. Just did a bad job. That is why i want to come in to see the house. I did not mention that there were a rotation of tornado above my area the week before we suppose to close , that is reason why i drive there to check out the neighboor hood. I don't need all of those details in my post. I don't know how to put my story down in a good way to understand the whole thing. After all, my intention is to ask if i have my right to cancel the contract because of what happening. So i just left out the small stuffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 09:13 PM

403 posts, read 272,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Not a drywall repair. A water leak and damage that the seller and agents were trying to conceal from him, and were not professionally repairing, it seemed to OP (tacky work). The normal thing. Sellers don't want to spend money on a house they have a contract on.
There was no concealment. The sellers told his agent, who told him
Before they entered.

Old 07-09-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:
It's my understanding this wasn't the final walk-through. This was the OP driving by and seeing the landscape hadn't been cleaned.

What I don't understand why the OP didn't demand a landscaper come by immediately and clean the yard.

That's what he was upset about.
I want check the house again since the seller push the closing date back. My agent said he is busy on that day so schedule me different day. I still went there to check out the neighboor because there were series of storm hit my area the week before. Then i found out about the yard, then my agent told me he will come right away. Now i did not demand to walk in at this point. I just told him since he will come right away, i will wait so we can come inside. But then he said he were showing houses to other ( which he told me he busy whole day due to charity event ) then i checked the outside work was done poorly so i told my agent to let me in later, or range a partner of him or ask for a code. Then thing happened like i posted

Old 07-09-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollieMan View Post
There was no concealment. The sellers told his agent, who told him
Before they entered.
They have the whole day prior if leak is found at noon) and half day of that day. Why have to be 15 mins before i walk in the house? And why already almost done? It is more confessing than telling.

Last edited by 1stxhomebuyer; 07-09-2019 at 10:03 PM..

Old 07-09-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
What issues? All he mentioned was the landscape.

This all started because he drove by and saw the landscape hadn't been cleaned. So, call and demand someone gets out there right away and clean it up.

Why the walk-through? That's not going to clean the yard. Where's the landscaper?

So i decided to go check outside of the house since the seller promised to mow the yard for me. When i came, i saw the yard was undone. So i texted him why? He said he will come and check right now. I said i will wait but he texted back saying "right now" he was showing houses to clients so will be in a few hours. I said i need to check inside the house and you have to do whatever you can, either have your partner opens the door or tells me the code or i will wait til night but i will check it today. Or else during final walk through if i see they done a bad jod fixing stuff, i shall not sign any paper

And what's that all about? The threatening tone seems out of line with the landscape issue.

My guess is the OP was looking for a way out of the deal before he entered the home that day.

I suspect the reason the OP didn't get his deposit back is because there is more to the story than what he's presented.
It is ok you don't believe me. I really careless. My question when i post this was about if my story is like that and true, do i have a right to cancel the contract ( i already told them on the spot that they can keep the deposit).

Old 07-09-2019, 10:35 PM

13,707 posts, read 7,984,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stxhomebuyer View Post
I want check the house again since the seller push the closing date back. My agent said he is busy on that day so schedule me different day. I still went there to check out the neighboor because there were series of storm hit my area the week before. Then i found out about the yard, then my agent told me he will come right away. Now i did not demand to walk in at this point. I just told him since he will come right away, i will wait so we can come inside. But then he said he were showing houses to other ( which he told me he busy whole day due to charity event ) then i checked the outside work was done poorly so i told my agent to let me in later, or range a partner of him or ask for a code. Then thing happened like i posted
No. You keep changing your story. You said the landscape wasn't done. Now, you say it was done but done poorly. You now say there were other issues outside the house the seller failed to address but never said what they were.

You say you didn't demand an inspection but insist your agent come by that day. You then threaten to kill the deal during the final walk through if he didn't.

Sorry, but this sounds like you were looking for a way out of the deal.

And I suspect you've left out details which would better explain why you didn't get your deposit back.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:39 PM

14,469 posts, read 12,095,136 times
Well OP, it’s too bad you’re not gonna have your mediation because you’ve certainly had a lot of practice getting cross examined.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:50 PM

13,707 posts, read 7,984,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Well OP, it’s too bad you’re not gonna have your mediation because you’ve certainly had a lot of practice getting cross examined.
Even that's weird. The OP had agreed to forfeit his deposit. Why the mediation hearing? What's left to mediate? The cost of the inspection report? The title company demanding a bit of money?

Not much makes sense with his story.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:57 PM

14,469 posts, read 12,095,136 times
You’re doing a lot of accusing here, john, But it could be you’re just not paying attention.

The OP isn’t the one who wanted the mediation.

The seller did, to try to force either some kind of specific performance or other monetary damages for their losses in addition to the earnest money. That would never happen in our contracts but apparently it could happen in his. I don’t know… None of us know the whole story. Not even the OP. It’s a thread a forum... Not an episode of Perry Mason.

And I think the useful and productive part of this thread is long over.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Even that's weird. The OP had agreed to forfeit his deposit. Why the mediation hearing? What's left to mediate? The cost of the inspection report? The title company demanding a bit of money?

Not much makes sense with his story.
Lol i am dumbfound as well. I forfeited my deposit. The seller want me to pay for all the thing they fixed in the inspection report plus the potential loss from removing the house off market. I disagreed. The tug war is on. My agent and my agent's leader kept trying to persuade me to pay them ( he said i pay 1k, the agent team pay 2k, everyone happy...), i stood my ground. Then mediation is set up. Then suddenly they signed the release form. Then suddenly everything is end. Now i guess they found another buyer? If so, good for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate