Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 04:58 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7baixo View Post
Serious buyers will have themselves prequalified. Many homes, depending on the market of course, are getting multiple offers. It’s that way in PHX.

My neighbor told me several times that they wanted my home for their son. Back in Dec, before I contacted realtors, I stopped by his house three times and spoke to his wife. She wasn’t so enthusiastic.

Just last week, he stopped again while I was outside and still expressed interest after I told him that we had a contract. Jeebus, I’m sure his wife told him that I stopped by three times but, that ship has sailed. Had he nailed it down in Dec, he could have saved himself $50,000.

Best wishes!
Ugh! I am so sorry! His loss though.

I am taking a loss on the sale of this home but at least with the market upswing it's not as bad as it could have been. But someone will get a heck of a deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2021, 07:11 AM

3,444 posts, read 2,822,323 times
Fingers crossed for a quick sale!

Old 03-12-2021, 10:08 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,493,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Thank you. I am sad thinking about how happy we were moving in, but I am so glad that my husband got to live here, he loved it, loved the pool, etc. It was his last house and I am glad it was this one.
This sounds crazy but if anything happens to my husband I'd sell this house. This house reminds me of him.
I'd say it reminds me of the kids too but I know they'll move on down the road..but this house will always be special to us and I can't imagine living in this house without him. That, and it's 3700 sq ft too..the taxes and maintenance would be killer

Old 03-12-2021, 10:34 AM

2,277 posts, read 1,674,072 times
Good luck with the sale, Kathryn! From your previous descriptions, your present home sounds just beautiful and your new home seems perfect for you in the future.

How lovely that your husband had the the house, pool, patio, etc. of his dreams and enjoyed it all during the last year. Best wishes on your move!

Old 03-12-2021, 11:12 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,461,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Nice place you have listed. Hope it is a speedy, favorable transaction. What cha gonna do with the gun safe? Gonna be selling any guns/ammo?
Yeah that caught my eye too. I’d never include a photo of a safe in a listing, especially now where everyone can see them?

Not all safes are created equal, and a lot of those gun safes can be broken into in a matter of minutes. It’ll deter the neighborhood punks who may break into your house, but not a professional. Plenty of videos online (and user comments) will attest to this.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
This sounds crazy but if anything happens to my husband I'd sell this house. This house reminds me of him.
I'd say it reminds me of the kids too but I know they'll move on down the road..but this house will always be special to us and I can't imagine living in this house without him. That, and it's 3700 sq ft too..the taxes and maintenance would be killer
Mine is a bit less than 2700 square feet but it is on over half an acre and has a pool and all that jazz and honestly, the maintenance is killing me as well! Not to mention the memories, which are always, always present and always, always make me sad.

For instance, so get this - I just had a small leak in my AC condensation line due to it freezing and then unfreezing. It leaked through my den ceiling. Of course I had no way of knowing that till then, which was yesterday. I got it fixed - that wasn't that expensive. But now I am waiting on a bid to paint the entire ceiling, because of course I have to do that. What a hassle. Good times!

Oh and also, a small leak appeared in my septic line too, after the freeze. I had to go on a waiting list for that one, these leaks were so common after the storm. It is getting fixed Monday.

I mean, it's just money, right?

One fun thing after another. At least it does look like my landscaping survived for the most part.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
Yeah that caught my eye too. I’d never include a photo of a safe in a listing, especially now where everyone can see them?

Not all safes are created equal, and a lot of those gun safes can be broken into in a matter of minutes. It’ll deter the neighborhood punks who may break into your house, but not a professional. Plenty of videos online (and user comments) will attest to this.
It's staying with the house and it's empty so people can have at it I guess. If they can get past the gate, the security cameras and the security system, the dogs, and me - LOL.

Old 03-12-2021, 12:28 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,461,954 times
Quote:
It's staying with the house and it's empty so people can have at it I guess. If they can get past the gate, the security cameras and the security system, the dogs, and me - LOL.
Be that as it may, it’s still not wise to advertise to the world I have a huge safe in my house.

Old 03-12-2021, 02:05 PM

2,873 posts, read 2,063,949 times
Quote:
Mine is a bit less than 2700 square feet but it is on over half an acre and has a pool and all that jazz and honestly, the maintenance is killing me as well! Not to mention the memories, which are always, always present and always, always make me sad.

For instance, so get this - I just had a small leak in my AC condensation line due to it freezing and then unfreezing. It leaked through my den ceiling. Of course I had no way of knowing that till then, which was yesterday. I got it fixed - that wasn't that expensive. But now I am waiting on a bid to paint the entire ceiling, because of course I have to do that. What a hassle. Good times!

Oh and also, a small leak appeared in my septic line too, after the freeze. I had to go on a waiting list for that one, these leaks were so common after the storm. It is getting fixed Monday.

I mean, it's just money, right?

One fun thing after another. At least it does look like my landscaping survived for the most part.
You’ve got this! I know it’s been tough but...the next phase is almost ready to start.

We’ll be on 10 acres by the fall but only 4 was mulched. Grass will be minimal around the house and the rest will be pine-straw’d with azaleas around the pines. Think of an “Augusta” look.

I’m in no hurry to go but, since I’ve got 6 years on my wife, odds are I’ll go first. I fully expect the “for sign” to go up before my remains reach room temp. I hope to last for many more years but, as we all know, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Old 03-12-2021, 08:46 PM

17,712 posts, read 29,844,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
it’s still not wise to advertise to the world I have a huge safe in my house.
I disagree. Just photograph it open and empty.
I would also leave it open for prospective buyers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate