Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 12:22 AM

5,592 posts, read 8,408,487 times

Advertisements

Obviously some sellers don't know what it means to "de-clutter" along with "de-personalizing". I know of one woman who was really dejected that her house wasn't selling (in this market!). She HAD de-cluttered and de-personalized (according to her) and even sold "a table" (wow!). So I took a peek at her listing. Turns out she and the hubs were "collectors", so there were 8 million tschotskes on display all over the place, including a collection of plates on a wall. Besides that, there were things all over the kitchen counter, and in the shower like shampoos and bodywash, and all of this with a grandma decor to boot. She literally thought de-personalizing just meant taking family photos down and de-cluttering meant getting rid of boxes of junk or whatever. Anyway, a new agent came in and took all the clutter out and did new photos. What a difference, and it sold in a matter of days!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2021, 12:42 AM

5,592 posts, read 8,408,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
I looked at this house a couple years ago as a foreclosure, then it got flipped and it still needed "too much" to get it back to awesome.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...7_M62029-88530

Now they want 5mm and the pics are whacky........look at #77. Then notice what appears to be a Christmas tree in the house (in July???). House is furnished but it looks like a lottery winner did it
O.M.G. Definitely someone who won the Powerball. How many fake flowers and plants can you have in a place? And the lovely gigundo wedding photo above the fireplace....and the bridal dolls in one of the bedrooms....and all the crap all over the office. How about the can of Fabreze in one of the bathrooms? Nice touch.

P.S. Yes, the photos are nice but in this price range, isn't it customary to have it professionally staged as well?

Last edited by Avalon08; 07-12-2021 at 12:48 AM.. Reason: added something

Old 07-12-2021, 12:52 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Well if you’re going to show 111 pictures why not show the Christmas tree in July? You can show it in all four seasons. 111 is too many pictures of any place… This listing is screaming for an editor. Nevertheless this is obviously a beautiful place... not in the same category as entry-level rentals with messy tenants the OP is weeding through. It is beautifully photographed... artistically at this price range, tastes will vary! As they should!
I think that is a tree that is probably dressed seasonally. Looks more like Easter than Christmas.

I agree it's gorgeous. Looks more like a five star hotel than a residence, though.

Old 07-12-2021, 05:55 AM

1,684 posts, read 3,956,565 times
my favorites are the ones with somebody sitting in a recliner in the frame.... makes me wonder if he comes with the house!

Old 07-12-2021, 06:43 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Must be Arkansas, small town.

Honestly 98% of the agents here in North TX use a photographer and have excellent photos.

Those services just may not be available in small town USA.

Old 07-12-2021, 08:27 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
The pictures that make me wonder how clueless a realtor can be, are when they can’t even clear the stuff off the bathtub or close the toilet seat before taking a picture.

Why not just take a cardboard box to a shoot, and move things in order to take a picture?

Old 07-12-2021, 09:38 AM

57 posts, read 76,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Must be Arkansas, small town.

Honestly 98% of the agents here in North TX use a photographer and have excellent photos.

Those services just may not be available in small town USA.
Most of the really bad ones are smaller towns in NWA, but some are in larger areas like Fayetteville.

Old 07-12-2021, 09:39 AM

2,445 posts, read 1,068,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
New construction clean? I'll never forget buying a brand new house and all the dust that came into it from the yards which weren't landscaped, finding flies stuck in the new paint, and having to spend money and time to install window coverings. Then, when putting in two lawns ourselves, finding shoes and other things in the newly turned over soil. On the other hand, I took pictures of the house being built and know where all the studs, etc. are located and that the wood used to build this house was top quality, something you are unlikely to find nowadays, even in mansions. The next buyer of this house will benefit from our labor, and I will most likely not buy in a new subdivision.
Never had that problem we bought a custom home and it was very clean when we moved in.

Old 07-12-2021, 09:43 AM

2,445 posts, read 1,068,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
O.M.G. Definitely someone who won the Powerball. How many fake flowers and plants can you have in a place? And the lovely gigundo wedding photo above the fireplace....and the bridal dolls in one of the bedrooms....and all the crap all over the office. How about the can of Fabreze in one of the bathrooms? Nice touch.

P.S. Yes, the photos are nice but in this price range, isn't it customary to have it professionally staged as well?
I did not like the photos, the floor in the living room makes me dizzy too many plants, and other accessories

Old 07-12-2021, 09:48 AM

2,367 posts, read 910,049 times
A messy house gives the impression that the owner did not take good care of the property.

You wonder, if they don't clean the sink, then have they been keeping the pipes and roof in good condition and is there a pest infestation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate