Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2009, 01:26 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karoga View Post
I have sold several homes (by owner & by realtor) so I'm not ignorant about doing it. Today I had a guy stop by that wanted to see the house. First off, he's about 2 feet in the door and says "your from up north aren't you?" with a big grin on his face (we are in SC). Yep, with my NY accent that sounds like Rhoda Morgonstern that would be a fair guess! By the time we get to the second room he has already told me how he grew up in our neighborhood, and that people coming from out of state don't know how bad it is (it isn't) and then try to sell their house for too much $$$ to get out (hadn't even asked how much yet & has no idea how long I've been here). Then he starts telling me about another neighborhood that is much better & that you could by the same type house for the same money. Finally askes what's the least I'd take cash for the house (we are in the 3rd room now). I told him our asking $$$ and asked him what the most cash he'd offer on the house. After he told me it was "no where near what YOUR asking" with another big grin. I said "I think were through and you should go buy a house in that developement " and showed him the door! (By the way I already knew that area and the homes are simular built & about $40,000 more than ours). I still can't believe someone would act like that!! Let's see, he grew up in the neighborhood - BUT it's terrible - BUT he want's to buy a home there below value - BUT he could buy one in a better area for the same price. Gee, what's wrong with this picture? And that whole thing took about 8 mins & he never saw the rest of the house!!!! I feel better now, thanks!
So sorry that happened!!! Another case of a buyer wanting EVERYTHING for nothing. I am afraid there has been so much talk of it being a buyers market and comps seem to mean nothing to low ballers, next thing besides the furniture they will be asking for our next born!!! Sorry off my soap box now!!!

Old 01-25-2009, 01:32 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Hi Judy, No talking about my investment there, it is a complete loss. It is a longggg story but since the new dil came into the picture well lets just say there is no reasoning with the son. It is a control issue there and momma's no longer have any control, lol.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:35 PM

LOL, I actually had a buyer that told me to "throw" in my horses with the deal! I said okay you throw in another 20k and we will talk.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:37 PM

Do you think I could throw in my ds to get this place sold, or a two for one with the dil????

Old 01-25-2009, 01:41 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Karoga-what a jerk that guy is.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:43 PM

139 posts, read 545,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hi there Karoga and welcome to the camp. You can rant all you want here, we share it all. I have to ask, are you making appointments or did this grunt show up unannounced? I sure hope you are not by yourself showing to people like that guy, just dangerous! I know this is your first post here and all but from the tone and all the grinning going on let's just say I am glad you showed him the door and that he left! Please be careful and maybe make arrangements to have company when showing the next time, to many strange people out and about.
Thanks for caring! It felt good to spout all that out! We are making appts but he just showed up from the sign. My 24 yr old son was here with me so I offered to let him see the house. We have a standing rule amongst the 3 of us that no one shows the house alone, I (as the Mom) have mace in my pocket (just in case) and that one of us notes the plate number of anyone who comes. Wow! It does sound like I live in a BAD neighborhood!!! Actually we would have the same rules in a 1/2 million neighborhood, like you said there are too many stange people about!

Old 01-25-2009, 01:46 PM

139 posts, read 545,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
So sorry that happened!!! Another case of a buyer wanting EVERYTHING for nothing. I am afraid there has been so much talk of it being a buyers market and comps seem to mean nothing to low ballers, next thing besides the furniture they will be asking for our next born!!! Sorry off my soap box now!!!
LOL, the one positive thing was he said NOTHING negative about the house itself! (Not that he saw much of it). I agree with you and no matter what my $$$ was it would have been too much in his mind. Trust me I won't lose any sleep over that one.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:51 PM

Glad to hear you set the rules and I don't think it matters so much as to where you live. Nuts are everywhere, lol. I had to laugh at that considering I live next to a peanut field!!!

Lacey, ????????Did they show?????

Old 01-25-2009, 01:52 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
So sorry that happened!!! Another case of a buyer wanting EVERYTHING for nothing. I am afraid there has been so much talk of it being a buyers market and comps seem to mean nothing to low ballers, next thing besides the furniture they will be asking for our next born!!!
Hammy---RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!

Old 01-25-2009, 01:54 PM

Oh Lacey, I was cleaning out some boxes in the closet today and I sooooo thought of you! I found a pix of me back in the early 70s with a t-shirt on that had a picture of a ROSE. The caption said Life is a bed of roses just watch out for the pricks! Okay go ahead and derep me for saying that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate