Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2009, 07:25 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,585 times

Advertisements

Have a super busy day at work today but I just wanted to pop in and give you guys something to think about.

I was watching Fox and Friends this morning and they were talking to Glen Beck. He was talking about his friend who is losing everything and he said to Glen "I will do the right thing and keep paying my bills but I have to wonder, why should I?" "Why should I be responsible when all these people out there are not especially the elected officials?" Well, Glen Beck said to this guy "Because you don't want to become everything you despise". That really hit me hard. With all this anger I have towards my buyers, towards the people that left my new house a crap hole, to the lender that lied to us and now has us fighting with her........I will always do the right thing because "I don't want to become everything I despise".

Just some food for thought today.

I will read everything and respond to it after I am all done with my work.

Have a great day ladies and keep your chins up....we are all great people and we will always have that going for us.

Kristine

Old 02-03-2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
i'm a phantom buyer, like you describe. it isn't for kicks, though, it is to gauge the location/condition, and compare it to what I can rent. it is mostly a numbers game for me.
Then go to open houses. Don't waste people's time and make them clean and vacate their homes for nothing.

Kristine

Old 02-03-2009, 07:30 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Rubber I would suggest you go buy yourself a Monopoly game and play with property there and stop playing games with peoples lives.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:31 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Way to go Hammy!!!!!!!!!! She's right RubberF-stick to open houses or new construction-don't waste our time and energy.

And yes I saw that also. Also all our "wonderful,honest(?) politians not paying taxes til caught. Daschle knew about it this past summer and ooops he apologizes. We wonder why there's no such thing as personal responsibility anymore.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:49 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Then go to open houses. Don't waste people's time and make them clean and vacate their homes for nothing.

Kristine
I only visit vacant homes, Kristine.

Quote:
Rubber I would suggest you go buy yourself a Monopoly game and play with property there and stop playing games with peoples lives.
Believe it or not, buyers are people too, not just fools walking around with hundreds of thousands in borrowed money. "My life" is in the balance as well, and I'm acting in my best interests. Are you not doing the same?

Old 02-03-2009, 07:53 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Then why didn't you state that to begin with?

Old 02-03-2009, 08:06 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Then why didn't you state that to begin with?
I thought we were discussing buyers who viewed the house, and disappeared.

To clarify my point.. my agent considers me "Not a serious buyer," or "Not interested in buying." He tells me that, so I assume he would describe me that way to sellers' agents.

It is not an exactly correct way of describing my buyers' status, it is simply his way of dividing people into neat little groups based on how useful they are to his business. I don't hold it against him, but I just want to point out that realtors have their own language. What he should be saying is, "RF is not a serious buyer at $X," or "RF is not interested in buying at $X."

Last edited by le roi; 02-03-2009 at 08:16 AM..

Old 02-03-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
I thought we were discussing buyers who viewed the house, and disappeared.

To clarify my point.. my agent considers me "Not a serious buyer," or "Not interested in buying." He tells me that, so I assume he would describe me that way to sellers' agents.

It is not actually true, it is simply his way of dividing people into neat little groups based on how useful they are to his business. I don't hold it against him, but I'd just point out, his opinion should not be taken literally. What he should be saying is, "RF is not a serious buyer at $X," or "RF is not interested in buying at $X." And $X has very little to do with "fair market value," it has more to do with rents and alternative housing.
But do you not understand that your wasting your realtors time? They don't get paid until they sell a home or you buy one. So you asking them to get you into homes with no intention of buying one is wasting their time and money. Why not go to open houses?

OK seriously - I am supposed to be working!!! LOL
Kristine

Old 02-03-2009, 08:09 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Quote:
i'm a phantom buyer, like you describe. it isn't for kicks, though, it is to gauge the location/condition, and compare it to what I can rent. it is mostly a numbers game for me.

typically what I go see in the $190's, I leave thinking should be $150's. that means I'd have to offer $140 for wiggle room. i might like the house, but ultimately my decision is based on the costs of renting vs. buying. often it makes more sense to help someone pay off a $100k mortgage instead of taking on a $200k mortgage yourself.

Oh fine..do you realize how much WORK goes into getting a house in show condition?? No, no clue do you..why don't you just keep to realtor.com on the internet and save the seller and agent's time. You may just be having fun and games, but most sellers are in it for keeps and..oh well, forget it..

Old 02-03-2009, 08:10 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Maybe it has become the virtual HG, the decorating dos and don'ts? Lets go pick out a new color for the bedroom honeyyyyyy
omg. Painter, my friend, you are on a roll today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate