Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2009, 06:17 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,526,889 times

Advertisements

Painter I cannot believe that your realtor wants you to drop your price since you are the lowest price of all the few for sale. How does he justify you doing that since you have to leave room to come down if someone serious low balls you a bit.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:21 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,194,299 times
ah the sad stories....bless everyone.

Painter- at least you won't be worrying over the little house any more- mark that chapter read and move on!~

NJ- that is one ditzy realtor

But a wee bit of good news! Hubby passed his 3 of his NATE (North American Technician
Excellence) Certification HVAC tests today- first time out!! Woo Hoo! he said after being in the biz almost 30 yrs. he would have really felt stupid if he hadn't haha. So something else good to put on that ole resume. Plus work now wanted him to have it.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:40 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,387,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
2.) I saw a fatal accident *it could have been me*-but God must have spared me. A man got killed by a tractor trailer making an illegal -U-turn(the trucker). I was first to stop *I had the poor guy's bumper under my front end of my car)since it was in the middle of the thruway and had caught under my car... . He was slumped in the front seat of the vehicle... I told him help is on the way and that we are here for him. Another guy (retired paramedic)found his pulse and he was alive..The guy asked me if there was anyone in the backseat of this Ford Taurus..I must have been in shock because I remember looking in "through the window"and said there wasn't anyone in the backseat. It seemed like forever for the police/ambulance to come. I told him to "hang in there'. At that moment he said "help me". I said to the other guy he is going to be ok. The guy checked his pulse again and he died right before us.I had 150 miles to still drive home as I was coming home from visiting a friend from Boston. I was there for 3 hrs. I had to stop at the rest stop ahead after it was all over and tried to throw up. I was so sick over it. I will never ever forget it. Ironic part is the man lived 10 miles from me!.I went to the wake and let his family know he did not die alone. I felt it was my duty to do it...What are the odds of that one?He was only 44. Had 2 boys. The family was glad that I paid my respects. I didn't do it alone. I had one of my best friends come with me and called the funeral home beforehand....I am glad I went. I gave his brothers my name and phone in case it turned into a criminal case *against the trucker*. Weirdly enough, I was tracked down in MA when I was living there a few years ago by a detective and he wanted me to testify on behalf of the family. I said, by all means". Long story short, they settled out of court as I was ready to fly back to NY the same week to testify.

TEX! I BELIEVE IT!!
I had a dream 4 months after my mom died and came to me in a dream and said, "I'm healed" 3 times. I wasn't afraid of dying after those words to me.
NJ, I'm crying my eyes out over your witness to a fatal car accident. I bet his family was so grateful to know someone as kind as you was with him during his final minutes.

Speaking of dreams....About 6-7 months after my neice was killed in an auto accident, I had a dream that she was laying beside me and holding me in her arms. I woke up and I felt her hair lying across my face-- (I had a really short hair cut at the time, so it wasn't my hair)--When I opened my eyes, I saw long blonde hair lying over my eyes and then it was gone. I also smelled her, if that makes any sense. She didn't have her glasses on in my dream and she ALWAYS wore her glasses--she was 1/2 blind without them. I truly feel it wasn't a dream but a visit granted me from God. He knew I was having a very difficult time accepting her death (rem..she was like my own daughter). My sister (Heather's mom) also had a "visit" from Heather as well through a dream.

As for your realtor--she is just a CRAZY DUMB A**. You will soon be done with her!

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 03-24-2009 at 06:50 PM..

Old 03-24-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post

But a wee bit of good news! Hubby passed his 3 of his NATE (North American Technician
Excellence) Certification HVAC tests today- first time out!! Woo Hoo! he said after being in the biz almost 30 yrs. he would have really felt stupid if he hadn't haha. So something else good to put on that ole resume. Plus work now wanted him to have it.
Congrats crazypa!!

Old 03-24-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
yes life is precious...my mama would have been 92 today. She passed 3/30/97.
(my parents were a good bit older when they adopted me)

now i am sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Crazy, My mom passed 2/12/97, the day after her birthday.

Well onto another sad happening- little house sold, closes in 10 days, no money leaving the table. It is just gone.................
{{{HUGS TO YOU BOTH}}} I miss my mom so much. She died 1 year ago on Jan 20th. Now I'm sad too.

Painter--it is sad closing a chapter. I know that I will be sad when my house sells and I am sure there will be NO money leaving the table. But I firmly believe when a door closes, HE opens a window. You will move on in a positive way!

Old 03-24-2009, 07:47 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,891,068 times
Hi everyone I am finally back!!! Johnathan went home with grandma Sunday. I cleaned house and did laundry yesterday and today I am just plain pooped lol!!! I know it is only 6:43p.m. but I am seriously thinking of going to bed!!!
Gee I feel so out of touch and have soooo much catching up to do I don't even know where to start! I hope you have bought, sold, and everyone is doing great! I will try to go back a few pages at least to catch up a little here. TC and GB!!!!

Old 03-24-2009, 08:15 PM

Judy:

Old 03-24-2009, 10:40 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,194,299 times
JudyP WE missed YOU..but so glad things are looking up for Bobby

BTW- We miss ALL our peeps when they aren't around...so please don't feel bad if you aren't mentioned by name- you are definitely on campers minds There are so many of us and all have so much going on..but I know you all stop by camp as able!!
Like IDtoTX- HOWDY!! saw you pop on- sounds like spring is around you!

I hope everyone has a good sleep tonight. I'm a little down this week and feel like I need some extra rest. Remember to hug your close by loved ones and always let them all know you love them.

Last edited by crazyma; 03-24-2009 at 10:57 PM..

Old 03-25-2009, 03:26 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,276,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I heard if someone has a crane operator's license they could make a killin' in Texas! Have you ever considered just moving your entire family to Texas? We could be neighbors, Niki!!!
lol While the thought of having you as a neighbor is a nice one, we're really not interested in living in TX. (No offense.) I lived there once and didn't like it. Dh doesn't like Texas either. (By the way, the town he's in is called Blackwell.) He got a job offer there last year or the year before and turned it down.

We're Tar Heels through and through.

Oh my gosh, how awful that you might not get your money back! Somebody better figure out something for you.

Lorrie,
Quote:
Obama will say whatever his teleprompter tells him to say.
LMBO!

Judy,
Good to see you.

(Niki, Typing with my cat Sam laying against me and across my right arm. He's such a Mama's boy.)

Old 03-25-2009, 08:26 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,355,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
NJ, I'm crying my eyes out over your witness to a fatal car accident. I bet his family was so grateful to know someone as kind as you was with him during his final minutes.

Speaking of dreams....About 6-7 months after my neice was killed in an auto accident, I had a dream that she was laying beside me and holding me in her arms. I woke up and I felt her hair lying across my face-- (I had a really short hair cut at the time, so it wasn't my hair)--When I opened my eyes, I saw long blonde hair lying over my eyes and then it was gone. I also smelled her, if that makes any sense. She didn't have her glasses on in my dream and she ALWAYS wore her glasses--she was 1/2 blind without them. I truly feel it wasn't a dream but a visit granted me from God. He knew I was having a very difficult time accepting her death (rem..she was like my own daughter). My sister (Heather's mom) also had a "visit" from Heather as well through a dream.

As for your realtor--she is just a CRAZY DUMB A**. You will soon be done with her!
Tex-That gave me the chills when I read your story. Omg. She is there with you...SHe doesn't need the glasses anymore--not in Heaven!

Lorrie-yes, my realtor is a *******. Cannot wait to be done with her. Unbelievable!!!

Crazyma and crew---hi to everyone!! I gotta dash to Wegmans to get some groceries!!
LAcey- are you home yet??
Hi to NIKI! Dogmom?>where are you!!Are you getting psyched for the wedding?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate