Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 01:16 PM

982 posts, read 1,100,433 times

Advertisements

WOW! I am SO happy for you!

We had two showings yesterday and the one guy had no realtor, he just emailed me and asked me a few questions.

Yes, the tide may be turning!! I know there has been a lot of activity downtown, still mostly foreclosures and short sales, but also more than that. So I'm (always the optimist) feeling pretty good about this!

I hope you get into a bidding war!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!

Old 04-15-2009, 01:34 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Off topic, does anyone know if we know we will get a refund from the IRS, and I file an extension, will they penalze me for doing that...i went to the IRS website..well if I were smart enough to read and understand it I probably would have gotten the dang things finished..Geez Governement, I was kinda busy with the wedding and illness...think they will accept that excuse? Or maybe congress can just give me a pass, lol.

I know if we owe and file an extension i would have to pay plus interest but what if I don't file on time..seems to me if they owe me, well....pay up suckas...haha..

Hammy, oblong eh..well I have a guess..do I have to keep it to myself or Texas are you doing the guesses and keeping track. I forget..Kristine, glad you are feeling better..

Well we are writing an offer on a house. Long distance. It's about 3 blocks from my folks down just north Palm Springs...its smaller than we wanted, just about 1400 sq feet. My folks and brother went through it with the agent yesterday late afternoon and sent lots of pictures. It's not a short sale OR a repo, fell out of escrow..very clean, looks barely lived in, my brother said there were not holes or patches that even look like pictures had been hung..a lot of folks there have winter homes, maybe it was bought for that reason....nice size kitchen, my fave shiny white tile, pantry...master bedroom dimensions will fit my big bedroom furniture. No house is going to have the size bedroom I had in that last one..master bath is small but will serve the purpose..the backyard is just dirt..needs a patio slab poured and a cover..needs plants, grass..will give Dogpaw a project. The back yard is huge and there is room along the side for our quad trailer..we know the neighborhood, its a nice one with gates, etc..so we just told the agent to write an offer..fingers crossed, we feel good about this one...and it's 100,000 less than the one we were going to get in NorCal..and only 4 years old..
don't send me any photobucket pixie dust..we need to figure out how to do graphics another way..that's scary about the computers and graphics.. and Tinkerbell, the humanity of it all.

Ok dogpaw took big dogs to groomer, little man here was NOT happy, if looks could kill. he is waiting for me to go take a nap while it's quiet...later campers

Old 04-15-2009, 01:46 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Painter-what fantastic news.

Barb-yes this sounds like the one-there was a reason.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:47 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Are you all setting down? We may have a bidding war on the little house, 2 guys are wanting it now! The one that looked at it and a guy online, sight on seen, submitted an offer yesterday. Now if I could get one on my house I would be jumping up and down for sure, it has to be next right? Things are starting to turn girls! Okay have to go wash out the rollers. later
Good things come to those who wait!!

Old 04-15-2009, 01:51 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Off topic, does anyone know if we know we will get a refund from the IRS, and I file an extension, will they penalze me for doing that...i went to the IRS website..well if I were smart enough to read and understand it I probably would have gotten the dang things finished..Geez Governement, I was kinda busy with the wedding and illness...think they will accept that excuse? Or maybe congress can just give me a pass, lol.

I know if we owe and file an extension i would have to pay plus interest but what if I don't file on time..seems to me if they owe me, well....pay up suckas...haha..

Hammy, oblong eh..well I have a guess..do I have to keep it to myself or Texas are you doing the guesses and keeping track. I forget..Kristine, glad you are feeling better..

Well we are writing an offer on a house. Long distance. It's about 3 blocks from my folks down just north Palm Springs...its smaller than we wanted, just about 1400 sq feet. My folks and brother went through it with the agent yesterday late afternoon and sent lots of pictures. It's not a short sale OR a repo, fell out of escrow..very clean, looks barely lived in, my brother said there were not holes or patches that even look like pictures had been hung..a lot of folks there have winter homes, maybe it was bought for that reason....nice size kitchen, my fave shiny white tile, pantry...master bedroom dimensions will fit my big bedroom furniture. No house is going to have the size bedroom I had in that last one..master bath is small but will serve the purpose..the backyard is just dirt..needs a patio slab poured and a cover..needs plants, grass..will give Dogpaw a project. The back yard is huge and there is room along the side for our quad trailer..we know the neighborhood, its a nice one with gates, etc..so we just told the agent to write an offer..fingers crossed, we feel good about this one...and it's 100,000 less than the one we were going to get in NorCal..and only 4 years old..
don't send me any photobucket pixie dust..we need to figure out how to do graphics another way..that's scary about the computers and graphics.. and Tinkerbell, the humanity of it all.

Ok dogpaw took big dogs to groomer, little man here was NOT happy, if looks could kill. he is waiting for me to go take a nap while it's quiet...later campers
Fantastic Barb! I have a good feeling about this house for you! Actually everyone keep their guesses to theirselves and when it gets to be about a month out (Hammy remind me!) from giving birth, I will have everyone DM their guesses again! I have them written down somewhere..

I am so angry with photobucket right now. I am on a browser that doesn't let me open a lot of things. I pay all my bills on line too! I am thinking about not getting it fixed right away. I can always go to kinkos or work and pay my bills on line there. I don't want to access my bank acct on this one until it is fixed.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:54 PM

Texas I do too-this feels like the one for Barb and the price is right.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:55 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Painter, I love a good bidding war..I do think things are starting to turn around, I would not be surprised if there are more offers out there, girls..I thinhk the tax rebate for first time buyers is going to get some of those buyers off the fence...and spring is just starting..and Painter, your house is next...

Old 04-15-2009, 02:11 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times
Painter, I am so Happy for you and not the least bit jealous!!!!!! That's happy!
Tex i know nothing about computers but i love best buy for any issues we have. The guy here is like pyschic and fixes the problem immediately! (unless its a simple problem and im too dumb to figure it out??)
Hammy, how are you feeling by the way?
dogmom, i hope this is it for you!
MFP- that's an awesome job to have! I work in a school and we have a lot of foster and group home teens. Some stories I hear are so unbelievable, it's sad.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:40 PM

959 posts, read 1,824,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post

Good luck with your offer!!! I hope this is the house for you. It sounds like it is in great shape!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Actually everyone keep their guesses to theirselves and when it gets to be about a month out (Hammy remind me!) from giving birth, I will have everyone DM their guesses again! I have them written down somewhere..

I will remind you for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Painter, I am so Happy for you and not the least bit jealous!!!!!! That's happy!
Tex i know nothing about computers but i love best buy for any issues we have. The guy here is like pyschic and fixes the problem immediately! (unless its a simple problem and im too dumb to figure it out??)
Hammy, how are you feeling by the way?
dogmom, i hope this is it for you!
MFP- that's an awesome job to have! I work in a school and we have a lot of foster and group home teens. Some stories I hear are so unbelievable, it's sad.
I am feeling MUCH better lately. I am happy and HUNGRY so all is good with the world. DH and I are going to Orlando in a couple of weeks for a whole week, just the two of us. I am looking forward to eating my way through Disney World!!!

Kristine

Old 04-15-2009, 02:56 PM

Kristine-now's the time to do that! Enjoy and leave some food for the other visitors-LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate