Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 10:15 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times

Advertisements

Darn cat biting my foot off so time to sign off! Sleep tight!

Old 06-10-2009, 10:17 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Darn cat biting my foot off so time to sign off! Sleep tight!
Ha! Joy, love that picture!

Say goodnight Albert

Old 06-11-2009, 01:03 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
But it will Shelly. It didn't the first time and that was a good thing since you had to have the surgery. This time it will work out.
Thanks for the positive thoughts Lorrie. I read you are going to visit family in Cali...that's great! Have a safe fun-filled trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
I must have missed them also.
Me too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
SHEL, I would go with you if I lived closer!! It sucks losing parents. It really does. Take some time out for you and just reflect. That is what I do when I go back to Buffalo where my parents are buried. Sit, reflect and think of all the happy memories that help us get through.
Thanks NJ! I did reflect on some memories while I was there. Gosh I miss her so much. Were you born and raised in Buffalo? I used to live there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Dogmom- My cousin lives in Olympia..Was that near you???????We may go there next year to visit them....for now we are going to meet up with them end of the month.........in PA where her mom (my aunt)lives...
Where at in PA????
Quote:
Hey sweetie, I'm thinking about you. Lost my dad day after christmas when I was 19 and since then that's the 1 day I never work; spend the day remembering what a great daddy he was. Your mama is looking down on you and I know she is very proud of you and what a good person you are. Some kids forget about their parents birthday when they're alive - what a good daughter you are XXOO
Thanks C21. I could never forget my mom's birthday. She would have been 80 yrs old today. Losing your dad at 19 years of age-- Was it an accident that claimed his life? He had to have been fairly young. How awful.

Tambre: I hope everything works out w/your counter offer. Saying some prayers for you.

Barb: How ya doing out there in Cali?!?! Is it feeling like home yet (your house)??

Old 06-11-2009, 06:41 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Morning ladies, Have been abit scarce here so I just caught up. Been up awhile since my goofy neighbor called at 5:20 a.m. to get my crutches. He has gout in his foot, been on meds for the past 2 yrs and side affects got to him. The doc took him off of them and sure enough 4 days later his foot looks like a football. He started back on meds yesterday, I told him to take a bucket to the fields to use.

Tambre, Sure hope you get your counter back accepted today. Nerve racking as it is this will hopefully be the end game for you, hang in there! By the way where is it you wanting to go? I know you have probably said but I am lazy, dont want to look back for it.

Crazy, Good job on the chairs girl! So you think some bargains aren't bargains when said and done??

I have been wrapped up in drama here and it is really setting off the ole temper so I have avoided posting, sure dont need to be smacked ya know?

Old 06-11-2009, 07:15 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
So the good news and the bad news....

The good news is we have a counter offer

The bad news is that we are still $15,000 apart in price

We are thinking of countering back, by splitting the difference. What do you think?...So, we will come down another $7,500. This means we dropped by $18,000. IF they would accept it, they will have come up by $14,500.

What do you campers think?
Well, it all depends on how badly you want to sell it. $15,000 seems like a lot but in the grand scheme of things, is it? I cannot remember how long you have been on the market and if this is your first offer but just keep in mind that this may be your only offer for months and the next one you get might just be the same. Then you have stayed on the market this long only to get the same amount for the house.

Believe me, I know how hard this is. We took an offer that was like $30,000 less than our list price and it hurt, bad. However, it was the best thing we ever did because we look at the houses for sale in our old neighborhood now and they are not even listed at what we sold for. They are having to lost WAY below that.

So just keep that in mind. It is kind of like a band-aid, you have to rip it off!

Kristine

Old 06-11-2009, 07:31 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Morning all-Tambre-counter and it sounds good. Great advice from our Hammy tho.

I am so tired of it all-only 20 days left and I may try on my own but it's definitely coming off.

Painter-so for your "pain" girl-don't get down.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:14 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Good morning, campers. Have you ever written a really, really witty post and you lose it. Well that happened to me just a few minutes ago and i am ticked!

Anyway, its a lovely morning here in the Coachella Valley, low 60's high about 90 which is about 10 degrees cooler than 'normal' so everyone is enjoying it while it lasts.

This desktop of mine is such a slow dog..i guess i need to get rid of more stuff, guess I will work on that when I have time, lol. It is a 2004 Dell, so age MIGHT have something to do with it, but for now it's good..dont have a router here yet so cant use my laptop..Dogpaw bringing a spare router down but not sure if it works..if not will head out to buy one.

going to Target and the market with my folks today sometime..guess i should have asked huh..he also has a dr appt. trying to make a list of things to buy today at target and the market..want to have some food and beer here for when Dogpaw and the boys get here tomorrow night..right now I have milk and a banana..and a couple hershey bars..

Tambre, have you heard back on your counter yet? my gut would be to take it and run but we dont know your situation so do whats best for you!

Ok need to catch up but wanted to check in.

Texas, so sorry you lost your mom how wonderful that you are able to go to the cemetery on those special days, I know somehow it helps.

ok outta here...later!

Old 06-11-2009, 08:17 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

Thanks C21. I could never forget my mom's birthday. She would have been 80 yrs old today. Losing your dad at 19 years of age-- Was it an accident that claimed his life? He had to have been fairly young. How awful.
Hey Tex, Yeah in the grand scheme of things he was young; 64. I was raised by my GP from 1 year old 'cause natural mom wasn't, well . . . another long story. But my GP were really my parents, ya know - like I told my 'natural one' one time, takes more than popping out a kid to be a parent. Daddy layed down to take a nap during 1/2 time of a football game and essentially just didn't wake up. I am grateful for that - what I still feel guilty about though is that I was 19 and, well, 19 in 1977 - so I didn't go to my sister's house on Christmas Day and thus didn't get my present from mom and dad until the day after. So I called to thank them and some strange woman answered the phone, then mom got on and told me daddy had just passed. So I freaked, my sister telling me to calm down 'cause was upsetting her kids . . . so the day after Christmas I never work. Last year though had a client/friend come to Bocas and since he likes to drink beer too, we went to see his property that's listed with us, he brought a 12 pack in the boat so we were climbing all over his land with beer and when we headed back to Bocas Town and it was in sight, just raised my can and said "Hey daddy I'm thinking about you and hope you see I turned out okay". Still miss him

Old 06-11-2009, 09:01 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Thanks for the positive thoughts Lorrie. I read you are going to visit family in Cali...that's great! Have a safe fun-filled trip!

Me too!

Thanks NJ! I did reflect on some memories while I was there. Gosh I miss her so much. Were you born and raised in Buffalo? I used to live there.

Where at in PA????

Tambre: I hope everything works out w/your counter offer. Saying some prayers for you.

Barb: How ya doing out there in Cali?!?! Is it feeling like home yet (your house)??

Hey Tex, yep born and raised outside of Buffalo near Amherst/Williamsville areas for 33 years! then I moved 5 times lol after that! Lived in 1 house for 33 years lol....anyway...I would move back in a heartbeat but no jobs for my hub there in aviation industry..I could get my old hospital HR job back but it's too hard for him with employment being dismal there! So much cheaper to live there too!!

Oh! We are going near Scranton/Wilkes Barre area ---! I wish it was Pittsburgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

Lacey-------hang in there girl. Go FSBO!!

Nothing more here. OPEN HOUSE on Sat. 12-3pm. I wonder if anyone will even show!!!

c21-I love the pic with the kitties and dogs!!

Tambre-- If you can swing it meet them in the middle somewhere. I know we came down 25k with counteroffers/etc....on our other home in MA...It was a tough thing to do but we had to...We basically had nothing left over after paying the realtor's commissions!!on top of that...but we were juggling 2 mortgages the house here and the one in MA so we were glad it was done especially when you have to keep up with utilities/taxes,etc!I agree with Hammy though!
This house we can't go any lower than 300k. It would be impossible!! so you have to know what fits your budget ,etc.. Good luck my friend!!! Hope you hear back soon!

Painter- How are you doing? omg. So what is your home listed at now????

Off to the gym. It is dismal and overcast here. I want to sleep lol.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:09 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
Quote:
Hey Tex, Yeah in the grand scheme of things he was young; 64. I was raised by my GP from 1 year old 'cause natural mom wasn't, well . . . another long story. But my GP were really my parents, ya know - like I told my 'natural one' one time, takes more than popping out a kid to be a parent. Daddy layed down to take a nap during 1/2 time of a football game and essentially just didn't wake up. I am grateful for that - what I still feel guilty about though is that I was 19 and, well, 19 in 1977 - so I didn't go to my sister's house on Christmas Day and thus didn't get my present from mom and dad until the day after. So I called to thank them and some strange woman answered the phone, then mom got on and told me daddy had just passed. So I freaked, my sister telling me to calm down 'cause was upsetting her kids . . . so the day after Christmas I never work. Last year though had a client/friend come to Bocas and since he likes to drink beer too, we went to see his property that's listed with us, he brought a 12 pack in the boat so we were climbing all over his land with beer and when we headed back to Bocas Town and it was in sight, just raised my can and said "Hey daddy I'm thinking about you and hope you see I turned out okay". Still miss him
I understand c21! I lost my dad at 23. He was 58. He had colon ca.Came home sick on his birthday to find out he had ca-nice bday gift huh? My uncle died 7 days later *he was only 56-pancreas ca-dead in 6 weeks!They thought it was the flu! so it was certainly a hard time! With my mom.,I was 29 when she died. I called myself Little Orphan Annie after I lost my mom since my dad already died!. Sucks, doesn't it????? Time heals but the memories will last a lifetime! You never ever forget..every day I think of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate