Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 10:23 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,708,271 times

Advertisements

Note about dogs...seller has three?

Invite someone over who does not have any pets. I could not be any more serious about this.

My next door neighbor had several animals...fur, scale and fin...and her husband smoked inside the enclosed patio. The house reeked but they were so conditioned to it, could not tell. This is what other people notice...
The odor was in the furniture, drapes, the carpet...the paint. The patio had a sour, residual stench.

It took a professional cleaning to get that smell out.

(Just another thing to add to the list.)

The first Realtor we interviewed with wanted us to price MUCH higher, sure we'd get that or wiggle the asking price as time went by...meaning right in line with all those other unmoving houses...it was the team that agreed we go just below that sold our house. Well...actually, I sold the house - story there...they listed it and would have if I hadn't been there instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 11:57 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,860,950 times
My impressions are..

The outside looks uninviting. Yes it is neat and tidy but it seems sterile at the same time, not like a family happy place.

The inside looks too small and cramped. I'd get those photo's and huge couch out of the one room. Maybe try the kitchen at a different angle.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:33 AM

800 posts, read 3,089,283 times
Misplaced, the home is in Longwood, FL where the average price of comparable homes sold during the last two months (12 homes) for $161,647, it is a 3/2 home that is 1523 SF which is very comparable to the home you posted about. Additionally, there are 18 pending listings that are comparable where the average is 1526 SF, 3/2 listed for $169,379. There are 45 actives that are comparabie, the average is listed above $185,000. The numbers speak loud and clear as to why the home has been on the market so long. *these numbers were pulled today, all 3/2 homes within 200 SF of the subject home.

The market always speaks loud and clear but most owners and agents just don't listen to what the market is saying.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:26 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,074,863 times
Although we took the house off the market 2 months ago, here are the pictures promised of the curb appeal we added out front. We added flower shrubs, another plant bed and paver walkways on both sides of the driveway.

We are going to wait to sell when the market recovers. Meanwhile, we will enjoy all the extra things we have done.
Attached Thumbnails
Having difficulty with getting buyers to view my home-front-house-pics-002.jpg   Having difficulty with getting buyers to view my home-front-house-pics-006.jpg   Having difficulty with getting buyers to view my home-front-house-pics-005.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate