Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2009, 11:59 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,074,863 times

Advertisements

UPDATE: The pictures have been updated on the internet. I have a buyer who's interested in the home at I believe at a full price. No contract yet, but they are looking to do a year lease/purchase. I wasn't planning on doing this, so I'm waiting to speak to my husband about it. If you see my other post lease/purchase, you can view the terms. HMMM!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 01:19 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,799,547 times
Thats good news! Hopefully they will just purchase the home instead of leasing it.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,536 times
Hi Becky, You did a GREAT job!! I can't believe the before and after pics. Doesn't look like the same house. Congrats, and I hope you sell your house soon!!

If I were you I wouldn't do the rent/lease option. You just staged everything, and are headed in the right direction. Keep it on the market for selling, if it doesn't sell, lease with option to buy is an alternative. Good luck!!!

Old 04-26-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSG15 View Post
Hi Becky, You did a GREAT job!! I can't believe the before and after pics. Doesn't look like the same house. Congrats, and I hope you sell your house soon!!

If I were you I wouldn't do the rent/lease option. You just staged everything, and are headed in the right direction. Keep it on the market for selling, if it doesn't sell, lease with option to buy is an alternative. Good luck!!!
Thanks! I'm kind of impatient, althought the pics just went up last week. I'll be lowering the price next week. I'd rather not do the lease option purchase either. I prefer to sell before my son goes back to school in the fall. I maybe dreaming though.

Old 04-26-2009, 01:09 PM

23,869 posts, read 33,575,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
UPDATE: The pictures have been updated on the internet. I have a buyer who's interested in the home at I believe at a full price. No contract yet, but they are looking to do a year lease/purchase. I wasn't planning on doing this, so I'm waiting to speak to my husband about it. If you see my other post lease/purchase, you can view the terms. HMMM!
Becky, please email your agent and ask them to get rid of the bathroom photo with the rug.

I would also like to see the master have more pillows on the bed.
Did you do anything to the blue bedroom?

How much traffic are you getting?
If you are not getting much, do not waste time before lowering the price.
Right now you are at $225, speak to your agent (do you have someone you can actually talk to?) about how realistic that price is for your area. Dropping it another $5,000 might be what you need.

What we did when February came around was dropped down to $229 - then dropped to $224,9.. from there we dropped another $5k to $219,9 - which was what got the most people in.

Old 04-26-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Becky, please email your agent and ask them to get rid of the bathroom photo with the rug.

I would also like to see the master have more pillows on the bed.
Did you do anything to the blue bedroom?

How much traffic are you getting?
If you are not getting much, do not waste time before lowering the price.
Right now you are at $225, speak to your agent (do you have someone you can actually talk to?) about how realistic that price is for your area. Dropping it another $5,000 might be what you need.

What we did when February came around was dropped down to $229 - then dropped to $224,9.. from there we dropped another $5k to $219,9 - which was what got the most people in.
Thanks for the opinions! I have a realtor, but she is a low cost realtor, meaning she puts the house on the MLS and looks the documents over once there is an offer. I chose to go that route b/c I'm not working now and with 2kids and 3 dogs, it's just easier for me to show the house. Not to mention, it saves me on commission. I'm planning on lowering it $10K and if the buyer doesn't come with a realtor, another $6K totalling $16K. I bought some more pillows for the master, just gotta get a pic. I haven't done much with the blue room b/c it's my sons room and I'm trying not to disturb his privacy. (He's 15)I still haven't had any showings since the picture change. The realtor thinks I should be in the low $200's. I called the last buyers back to let them know about the price change. I'm not too sure that will bring them to an acceptable monthly payment. I left them a message.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:27 PM

People don't like when you do $5k amounts but it worked for us.
I also had on my fliers to bring ALL offers; I knew we'd get low offers; but low offers were better then none.
We were at $220k when we were offered $204k; so be prepared to get low balled.

I would do the $5k tomorrow, see what that does for a week, then another $5k, and if you can do it, add something for a gift card, say home depot with a signed contract.

I have a teen too.
Both of my kids knew they had to live with how their rooms were staged even though they didn't like it. You have to remember that some buyers can't see past your stuff.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
People don't like when you do $5k amounts but it worked for us.
I also had on my fliers to bring ALL offers; I knew we'd get low offers; but low offers were better then none.
We were at $220k when we were offered $204k; so be prepared to get low balled.

I would do the $5k tomorrow, see what that does for a week, then another $5k, and if you can do it, add something for a gift card, say home depot with a signed contract.

I have a teen too.
Both of my kids knew they had to live with how their rooms were staged even though they didn't like it. You have to remember that some buyers can't see past your stuff.
What suggetions do you have for my son's room? I am putting bring all offers also.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:17 AM

What I said about changing the curtains. Think it would make a big difference.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:06 PM

59 posts, read 194,288 times
Wow, you guys are honest...I should post pics of my listings and get some feedback!

If your house is $25k over the other homes in the area, regardless of the size, I would consider lowering the price. It's a bummer being the biggest house in the neighborhood because the value isn't usually supported by the sold comps. If other realtors have said that dropping the price $10k would make a difference, I would drop the price now while things are starting to pick up.

Also having someone stage a home is great and just packing up all the extra stuff makes a big difference. After looking at the pics, take all of the photos off of the wall and all of the plates, etc. People get distracted by photos. As a realtor, I've even missed a fireplace because I was looking at photos. We aren't there to see your family, as cute as they look in the photos!

Drop the price and start packing. I wish you luck in selling your home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate