Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 04:48 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Long time no post. Oh well. Just stopped in to say we got all our carpet from the 80's, tile tore up. It took all week but I am awaiting the arrival of my brother who is coming from Colorado to put in our bamboo floors through out our house and new tile in bathrooms. (no more carpet anywhere) After he is done we are putting in new vanities & toilets in the bathrooms. The kitchen - new counter tops, sink, cook top in island. Then tearing the laundry room out and rebuilding, new roof walls etc. After that log home experts coming from Arkansas to re-caulk, stan and seal the outside of our home (15,000 for that little log project...Yikes) Then will paint the trim on the home, get a new porch swing, replace light fixtures in bathrooms and kitchen. The old porch was tore down and the new one is in place with tongue and groove pine, just needs to be stained and sealed. Then we will enjoy it for about a year and move to Utah to our other house. Lol
I will post before and after pictures of our floors etc....someday when it gets done.
After I get all caught up, I will be a more active participant and read everything on here.
That dang facebook has me hooked.
Oh the big news that I am excited for is my dh and I are going to the American Idol concert friday. We have front row seats and I hope I can control myself when Adam Lambert hits the stage...ha ha
Chickrae: Can't wait to see your pics! I know what you mean about facebook. I am totally hooked on that and addicted to Farm Town (a game on there). WOW--AI concert!! That sounds like lots of fun.

OK...Shelly, back away from the computer and get back to stripping those walls!! Just called an electrician who is coming out on Monday morning to relocate an outlet in my bathroom!

Old 07-18-2009, 04:54 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Joy: your quote reminds me of this saying:

A friend will bail you out of jail....
A BEST FRIEND will be sitting beside you saying "Man, we f*cked up!"
Ain't that the truth sister I think you and I together would be dangerous, but a he$$ of a lot of fun LOL Thank God I still know a lot of attorneys and judges in the States

Old 07-18-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Ain't that the truth sister I think you and I together would be dangerous, but a he$$ of a lot of fun LOL Thank God I still know a lot of attorneys and judges in the States
I agree-- we would be dangerous together, but damn we would have some fun!! You will have to visit me once I move to the Lone Star State!

Old 07-18-2009, 05:00 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
Hello ladies,
I haven't been able t post because I've been really ill. I took the day off yesterday and went to see a doctor. Turns out I have Bronchitis, she prescribed anti-biotics, which I'm on now. I feel much better today but everytime I take the anti-biotics my stomach hurts A LOT for like an hour or so. Anyway, I should be almost back to normal in the next few days in terms of health. In terms of my *matters of the heart* it's about the same, but I've been taking care of my health these past few days. Now that I'm starting to feel better physically my emotional pain is surfacing. I won't bore you ladies with this, though. I have to take it one day at the time.
I just wanted to give you an update. Sorry only been able to read a little here and there.
I hope everyone is well. I'll try to come back later tonight or so.

Have a good Saturday everyone.
gf
We're all thinking and praying for you, GF

Old 07-18-2009, 05:05 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Quote:
So what's up with some people - popped into this one thead about closing costs and some is saying to the buyer 'oh you could be awarded punative damages, etc. because the seller committed fraud when he signed the contract.' My jaw just dropped open, because the seller was represented by an agent who (shock! horror!) dropped the ball and did not do an estimated closing statement for the seller so in the 11th hour seller found out he (or she) needed to come up with another $10k. Like THAT's the sellers fault or consitutes fraud. I swear some people are just plain . Needless to say after reading that and considering I used to work for DA's and criminal/civil litigators in a previous life I had to comment on it. Can't believe some people are so frickin' ignorant - (Hope you're peeping in on this - you know who you are, you ignorant thing)
lol Joy. My hub and I read that thread. Sure sue the seller--NOT!! I will go back and read your post!!
F it with this realtor. Will do FSBO at this point. We will have to drop the price in order to get it moving again and list on Realtor. com too..I will scroll back and read the previous info you had given me. You are a peach. Thank you sister!

GF- Hang in there. It can only get better..... and it WILL.

Tex- you're as busy as a bee!! the handywoman!! Woohoo! I wish you lived closer. We can go to the Borgata tonite lol............. and take a break from the work stuff!

Old 07-18-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
No frickin' clue Ma - none, but it was funny and LMAO on the weiner photo in house - yip, think that photo says it all!

YEAH CHEESEBURGER!!!!!!!!!! and even better Mr. L's suggestion to go out to lunch 'cause that means he's feeling better! YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!! (part of those 'Yeahs' are from the bushes that are breathing a sigh of relief they aren't gonna be cut down to nubs)

LOL - and that much land and what you'd like to do? Sounds like heaven to me. I would love to have large acreage will moo-moos, horses, dogs etc.

Actually I would probably say to her what I said to you - I mean really, I would probably say, "wow what a helpful email and so glad you told me you wanted to discuss strategy for selling my ing house and oh, by the way, YOU SUCK!!!"

Try FSBO or an actual competent agent. But maybe try the FSBO route first and advertise on some of those sites I suggested; just factor in and put in any flyers 'buyer agent incentives'.

And Albert is being is usual self - out of control LOL think he's ready for his afternoon nap I'm multi-tasking, working, playing and trying to get motivated after reaaaaaaaaaaaal long week to work on a proposal when all I want to do is chill, have a few beers (well I'm working from home so already got started on that LOL). But already did a ton of work today and not even close to being done. I'm trying to not procrastinate and say 'well there's always tomorrow', but . . .
LMAO at the you suck comment LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^5's ya!

Old 07-18-2009, 05:12 PM

486 posts, read 984,253 times
Quote:
gf: Take your ABX's with food!! ABX's are known for ripping stomachs apart!!

As for the broken heart--I can only offer you hugs! You WILL get through this--I promise!
THANKS for the words of encouragement and for the tip. I took it with food yesterday and it was worse! :-( Today I ate hours before and now I'm having a bowl of cereal since I took the anti-biotics about 2.5 hours ago and the stomach pain is still there. I don't know it's like it comes regardless. Thank you again. I wish I was upbeat as normal so I could post funny pics or dancing animals. Wishing all of you a great Saturday night though. I'll go lay down a little since I'm not feeling all that great yet.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post

Tex- you're as busy as a bee!! the handywoman!! Woohoo! I wish you lived closer. We can go to the Borgata tonite lol............. and take a break from the work stuff!
I KNOW!! That's why you should move closer to Austin, TX!!! Free babysitting, girlfriend/sister stuff to do together....just think about it!!!

I think I got in over my head with this project...it will be ok though!! I am spraying my walls and letting the glue deactivate ...then I come post, then I go scrape and repeat as neccessary!!

Old 07-18-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
THANKS for the words of encouragement and for the tip. I took it with food yesterday and it was worse! :-( Today I ate hours before and now I'm having a bowl of cereal since I took the anti-biotics about 2.5 hours ago and the stomach pain is still there. I don't know it's like it comes regardless. Thank you again. I wish I was upbeat as normal so I could post funny pics or dancing animals. Wishing all of you a great Saturday night though. I'll go lay down a little since I'm not feeling all that great yet.
What's the name of the ABX you are taking? I know there are some abx's that I can't take because of how bad it cramps my stomach...ie: I cannot take E-mycin (erythromicin) or keflex....great abx's, but tears my stomach apart.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
What's the name of the ABX you are taking? I know there are some abx's that I can't take because of how bad it cramps my stomach...ie: I cannot take E-mycin (erythromicin) or keflex....great abx's, but tears my stomach apart.

Anyone here? I will post a pic LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate